Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Tagline To Be Decided By Poll

Topic: War with N. Korea, is it inevitable? (Read 4768 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: War with N. Korea, is it inevitable?
Reply #250
broke: trump's aggressiveness is going to lead to nuclear war with north korea

woke: trump's not being nearly aggressive enough with north korea

Reply #251

Reply #252

Reply #253
The good part of this meeting is that Trump seems to really like Kim now, so it decreases the chance of war breaking out.

Reply #254
It's good if Trump doesn't start a war, but he is telling all dictators in the world "Kill as many people as you want, the US won't say shit and will even reward you if you kiss my ass/bribe me." Which some critics say is a possible downside.

Reply #255
Seems like a substantial downside to me
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #256
It's good if Trump doesn't start a war, but he is telling all dictators in the world "Kill as many people as you want, the US won't say shit and will even reward you if you kiss my ass/bribe me." Which some critics say is a possible downside.

hello friend, let me introduce you to the legacy of American foreign policy throughout the world

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #257
The good part of this meeting is that Trump seems to really like Kim now, so it decreases the chance of war breaking out.

idk nuclear war is starting to look preferable and i say that as someone who's currently less than 40 miles from DC

• nesb
Reply #258
lmao

This natural affinity for dictators is one of the most worrisome things about Trump. If we can wrestle peace w/ N. Korea out of it, and maybe open some McDonalds there, then great, but God save us if the rule of law breaks down.

Reply #259
2020 is gonna be wild

Reply #260
Meanwhile, there's a woke blogger in Saudi saying the exact same thing about their flag.....

Reply #261

but enough about our support for israel and saudi arabia

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #262
President Dotard J Trump tweeted the Kabuki foreign policy video

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• Pingu
Reply #263
It's good if Trump doesn't start a war, but he is telling all dictators in the world "Kill as many people as you want, the US won't say shit and will even reward you if you kiss my ass/bribe me/develop nuclear weapons." Which some critics say is a possible downside.

fyp
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• Pingu
Reply #264
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #265
I can't help but wonder if Trump's private discussion with Kim was any more coherent than the cringe-worthy word salad he treated the press to, afterwards.
  • Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 01:11:59 PM by VoxRat
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #266
really feeling for whatever hero has to translate his brain leak into korean

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #267
wasn't there a story about how interpreters don't know how to translate trump's gibberish?

• ffejrxx
Reply #268
one needs to understand the crap he spewes before it can be translated

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/06/trump-translation-interpreters

Reply #269

lol if Kim praising Trump results in the denuclearization of the United States, an unqualified positive outcome

Reply #270
South Koreans Are Still Hopeful After the Trump-Kim Summit

There is hope today, among South Korea's fifty-one million residents, in the strange chemistry of Trump, Kim, and the South Korean President, Moon Jae-in; there is a belief that a peace treaty to officially end the Korean War, and a stepwise plan for North Korea's nuclear downsizing, if not total disarmament, could be imminent. Meanwhile, America's foreign-policy establishment, conservatives touting human rights, and Democratic leaders have issued statements and tweets ("the summit--and particularly its immediate aftermath--was a farce," James Acton, of the Carnegie Nuclear Policy Program, wrote) that sound more like those coming from conservative extremists in Korea and the ruling right wing in Japan. South Koreans don't love Trump, but, in a place where the U.S. military led a war that killed millions and created a multigenerational, literal rift, American standing and protocol are not the priority. From the Korean point of view, U.S. politics as usual has done little good for the peninsula. George W. Bush's "Axis of Evil" and his opportunistic obsession with North Korean human rights (while setting up the prison at Guantánamo) rolled back years of inter-Korean progress. President Obama, to the profound disappointment of many on the peninsula, did nothing to advance Korean peace.

The dominant view in Seoul is that the Singapore summit would not have taken place had Hillary Clinton been the President of the United States. Trump's approval ratings in South Korea are around thirty per cent--the same as Kim's--and South Koreans know that Trump's policies have resulted in cruelties and chaos elsewhere in the world. But here they are willing to take the unexpected good brought about by his Presidency. Lee Soo-jung, an anthropologist at Duksung Women's University, acknowledged the painful "historical irony" of benefitting from Trump. In a fairer world, she tells me, "The citizens of the world would be able to vote for the U.S. President."

• ksen
Reply #271
I can't help but wonder if Trump's private discussion with Kim was any more coherent than the cringe-worthy word salad he treated the press to, afterwards.

You know it wasn't.

• linus
Reply #272
What Kim Jong-un heard in Korean from the translator might have been coherent.

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #273
but in that case, did its content have any resemblance to what the Dotard was trying to say?

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #274
that's not even clear to English speakers listening to him in English