Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: To me it is above all an honest site: honest fun, honest kindness (a lot of it, once you start looking), honest anger, honest stupidity, honest lunacy, honest hostility, honest viciousness. Honest brawls and meltdowns. Altogether a remarkably interesting - if sometimes downright disturbing - bunch of people speaking their minds.

Topic: War with N. Korea, is it inevitable? (Read 4713 times) previous topic - next topic

• ksen
Re: War with N. Korea, is it inevitable?
Reply #275
All Kim has to do is have his state press put out stories that say what Kim says Trump agreed to and Trump will be all like, "Yeah, that sounds right".

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #276
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #277
Trump on Kim: 'He's a funny guy'...

So far as I can tell, Trump is devoid of even a rudimentary sense of humor. 
I challenge anyone to find an example of him laughing - anything other than a fake laugh at one of his own "jokes" at the expense of people who stand up to him or whom he wants to crush.

So I'm curious how the guy who poisoned his brother, had his uncle executed with artillery, imprisons tens of thousands of his people in slave labor gulags, reduced Otto Warmbier to a vegetable...  managed to tickle The Orange One's funny bone.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• linus
Reply #278
Kim is everything Trump wants to be...

ETA: nvm

Reply #279

Reply #280

The math would still be wonky for the Vietnam war which I'm guessing he's confusing it with. But I guess it's possible he could've met a few 80+ year olds asking about their sons who died in Viet Nam.

Reply #281

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #282

The math would still be wonky for the Vietnam war which I'm guessing he's confusing it with. But I guess it's possible he could've met a few 80+ year olds asking about their sons who died in Viet Nam.
That's how old a soldier might be now from the Korean War,  the parents would be 100+, on average.  Trump is an habitual liar. I doubt any of it happened.

• Faid
Reply #283
Maybe they visited him in his sleep? Perhaps he had time for another meeting, after the Ghost of Christmas Future gave up in frustration.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #284
Senators move to prevent Trump from removing US troops in South Korea

A pair of Senate Democrats introduced a bill Wednesday that would prevent President Donald Trump from unilaterally drawing down the American troop presence on the Korean peninsula - not necessarily because he's said he will, but because they don't want to rely on his word that he won't.

Other measures that also tie the president's hands, but don't go as far, are already closer to being passed as part of an essential military policy bill.

The new legislation, from Sens. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., and Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., would prevent Trump from withdrawing troops from South Korea unless the secretary of defense says it's in the interest of national security and that it would not undermine the security of allies in the region.

"U.S. troops are not bargaining chips to be offered up in an off-handed manner," Duckworth said in a statement.

thank god the dems are on the case.

Reply #285
I don't think the Senate can say shit about the CiC dictating troop movement anyway? So it's double-dumb.

Reply #286
I know "omg what hypocrites!" doesn't matter politically, but you gotta get your lol's ( :stareicide: ) where you can

• Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 06:25:50 AM by brugroffil

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #287
My MIL was impressed that Trump shook KJU's hand "instead of bowing like his predecessor. "

This is the mentality we're dealing with here.

Reply #288
why do you continue to have any communication with your garbage in-laws

oh wait probably so they don't fabricate crimes and report you to ICE for immediate deportation

• dinosaurs!
  • oppressed by the SJW gynostate
Reply #289
I love my beautiful idiot president

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #290

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #291
Rogers' employer (The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette) apparently didn't find that (and similarly Trump-unfriendly) cartoons amusing.

I Was Fired for Making Fun of Trump

• Faid
Reply #292
OK, any predictions for the future of this 'deal'?

My completely uneducated guess: Kim is not going to back down on anything yet- He's not quitting while he's ahead. On the contrary, well see more "steps" from NK in subsequent months. Another testing site will go down, remains of US MIA soldiers will be returned (with lots of fanfare and coverage), maybe a missle silo or two will close. Trump will respond with triumphant boasting to all that. This will go on throughout the summer, and the same time Kim will pursue talks about a formal peace treaty with SK. The semiology of "Peace" is so strong (and rating-boosting), that both SK and the US will happily play along.

Then, with the midterms in the US right around the corner, Kim will say that he's sufficiently proven he's "down the road to denuclearization", and the peace treaty should be accompanied by an easing of sanctions at least. Step-by-step, tit-for-tat and all that.
 Leaving Trump with very limited wiggle room, and the risk of a negative response causing a complete collapse of the deck of cards they'd have been building- at the worst possible time for him. And in that scenario, Kim can still come out on top, pretending that he was wronged and tricked into making unilateral concessions.

Just my two drachmas, again.
  • Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 11:55:41 AM by Faid
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.