Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TR: Foiled again!

Topic: NFL 2017 (Read 848 times) previous topic - next topic

• nesb
NFL 2017
Since Ksen seems to have survived the hurricane just fine, I feel compelled to point out that the Lions have a better record so far this year, than the Patriots do.

• MSG
Re: NFL 2017
Reply #1
you're what, 2 games into the season?
braying among the ruins

• nesb
Reply #2
shh

• ksen
Reply #3
I wish the Lions well.

I'm just glad the Patriots got their one loss out of the way early.

• MikeS
Reply #4
I went to the ATL-GB game, opening night for the Mercedes Benz stadium.  I was not so much impressed with the stadium, a lot of concrete slabs, walls and columns and I found actually fewer vendors than the old Georgia Dome.  They promised affordable food but beer is still $9/glass and our 2x sandwich/beer combo (no fries or other things) came to $46.  I think I found the cheap food in the second half, bottomless soda for $4, slice of pizza for $3 and bag of popcorn for $2.

The game was a repeat of the NFC playoff game in January.  Atlanta is a strong team and could repeat as NFC Champion.  Green Bay is still weak on defense and can be inconsistent on offence.

But, being a GB fan, I like to get the blowouts early in the season so the team can learn and adjust faster.

• nesb
Reply #5
I'm looking forward, very nervously, to Detroit's game vs. Atlanta this upcoming Sunday. They do look tough, but I think the Lions at least have a chance.

• nesb
Reply #6
lol Ravens

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #7
Houston and Seattle killed me today. Oh well at least the Gators escaped yesterday.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #8

Unfortunately, my neighborhood was super quiet except for some honking, some yelling, and a bit of fireworks. :sadcheer:

Reply #9
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #10
has the comet hit yet?

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #11
Watching this in a bar in my neighborhood.

It appears that the Birds are currently leading the New England Fucktombrady, based on the crowd's reactions.

Reply #12
Watched 2nd q and justin Timberlake in a bar down the street. Walked home. Turns out the game is still on. My phone says I walked 18,000 steps today. It's all good.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #13
It was a good game.

Reply #14
real question is how much money Trump lost today betting on the Pats.

Reply #15
People are screaming in the streets in front of my house. Philly sports fans are some of the most insufferable fucks on Earth.

Reply #16
no its us

Reply #17
They're still screaming. OH MY GOD YOU GUYS SOMEONE CARRIED A BALL TO THE END OF A FIELD THIS IS THE MOST FUCKING AMAZING DAY IN EVERYONE'S LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #18
People are screaming in the streets in front of my house. Philly sports fans are some of the most insufferable fucks on Earth.

Don't be such a grouch. I was one of those assholes cheering at honking cars.

Reply #19
Don't be such a grouch. I was one of those assholes cheering at honking cars.
YES EVERYONE MUST OBEY BALL MOVEMENT RITUAL. TAKE TO THE STREETS AND SCREAM.

• MikeS
Reply #20
R.I.P. Philly.  This is why they can't have nice things.

Philly cops put hydraulic fluid on poles to prevent climbing ahead of Super Bowl

Reply #21
Guys, you are being too hard on Philly. First, they did America a favor and beat Tom Brady. Now they're doing America a favor and tearing down Philadelphia. Such a nice fanbase.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #22
My neighborhood is as quiet as it is on any night so I'm looking forward to the rubbernecking omg AMERICAN CARNAGE urban blood lust think pieces about those inherently violent city dwellers tomorrow morning because some of the trashed and high as fuck college kids went out to Broad St to start a fire.

Reply #23
Think about the cheese steak

Reply #24
My neighborhood is as quiet as it is on any night so I'm looking forward to the rubbernecking omg AMERICAN CARNAGE urban blood lust think pieces about those inherently violent city dwellers tomorrow morning because some of the trashed and high as fuck college kids went out to Broad St to start a fire.
That's cool that your neighborhood is quiet.

Mine is finally quiet after two hours of people yelling in the street, car horns honking, fireworks going off, sirens, and police helicopters flying around.