Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• She did look at it and confirmed that I basically fucked everything to the point of no return.

Topic: 2018 body count thread (Read 1293 times) previous topic - next topic

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Re: 2018 body count thread
Reply #50
This is a sad day in our house.  we like his books, we like his tv, we like his recipes. I like the way he shared his techniques.  I didn't just follow his recipes.  I transferred the learnings to every dish I cooked. It's not what he was known for, but he imparted some extremely solid home-cooking advice.

And that's a small corner of what he means to us.  He was a good and decent to the bone human being.

I'm going to make a big pot of Portuguese black bean soup today.
  • Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 09:31:49 AM by ravenscape

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #51
For most people, life often has a way of derailing/detouring their own particular dreams & pursuit of happiness.

Two deaths in the 21st century had a personal effect on me.
Perhaps because I felt they were living the perfect life... profoundly talented, doing exactly what they loved & being well compensated for it, while still being genuine & approachable. 

One was Steve Irwin, who tragically died being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The second was Robin Williams, who was a casualty of his own physical/mentally health issues.

I now have to add Anthony Bourdain as the third name on my list.
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #52
Yep.
Are we there yet?

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #53

i feel kinda bad now because i am pretty sure i laughed at that review tbh
You eat what Soul Money can buy

Reply #54
I just remembered the episode in Turkey where he's talking with people during the descent into despotism, 2015 maybe? It was definitely before the uprising. The people were deeply concerned, had a bleak view of their current situation, but were hopeful for the future.

:smith:

Reply #55
Yeah there's no foreshadowing there.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor