Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• So "3 tits" is something evolution cannot do?  Why not?

Topic: Reasons To Be Cheerful (Read 240 times) previous topic - next topic

Reasons To Be Cheerful
Reasons To Be Cheerful--an antidote and a cross platform project
JANUARY 08, 2018 BY DAVID BYRNE
What is Reasons To Be Cheerful?                     

I imagine, like a lot of you who look back over the past year, it seems like the world is going to Hell. I wake up in the morning, look at the paper, and go, "Oh no!"

I can't help but to read this opening as if it were part of a Talking Heads song.

Often I'm depressed for half the day. It doesn't matter how you voted on Brexit, the French elections or the U.S. election--many of us of all persuasions and party affiliations feel remarkably similar.

As a kind of remedy and possibly as a kind of therapy, I started collecting good news that reminded me, "Hey, there's actually some positive stuff going on!" Almost all of these initiatives are local, they come from cities or small regions who have taken it upon themselves to try something that might offer a better alternative than what exits. Hope is often local. Change begins in communities.

I will post thoughts, images and audio relating to this initiative on whichever platform seems suitable and I'll welcome contributions from others, if they follow the guidelines I've set for myself.

• Fenrir
Re: Reasons To Be Cheerful
Reply #1
Bloody Merkins. Talking Heads? sheeesh

https://youtu.be/CIMNXogXnvE
It's what plants crave.