Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• I read your posts. I read every post on Tr. You would be surprised how often someone lets it slip where they live or who their loved ones are.

Topic: Oldest Human Remains (Read 26569 times) previous topic - next topic

• Faid
Re: Oldest Human Remains
Reply #5225
Worth repeating that it has already been established that there are very few differences between neanderthal and human.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/253947345
Consider the position values in the arch. The authors cannot say what value their fanciful RSRS has in those positions. So they cannot account for those positions in their fanciful AFRICAN RSRS.
It is clear that you folks do not have a clue about what the positions in the arch mean.
I suggest that mt-MRCA evolved from Neanderthals in the Middle East. This is the most parsimonious phylogeny.
I like to see uncool happy.
Now someone can take an ancestor from Africa and describe that. Show us how parsimonious that is.

According to the recent African origin of modern humans theory, modern humans evolved in Africa possibly from Homo heidelbergensis, Homo rhodesiensis or Homo antecessor
Anyone?
So nobody.
Can anyone give ANY evidence of any kind?
So no evidence. I understand.
Hey, you remembered to say "I understand" this time! I was worried about you for a moment.
  • Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 06:18:12 AM by Faid
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #5226
Consider the position values in the arch. The authors cannot say what value their fanciful RSRS has in those positions.
Holy shit, he still doesn't get it.
Get what?

sucky doesn't get that he doesn't get there is something to get.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #5227
Worth repeating that it has already been established that there are very few differences between neanderthal and human.
Consider the position values in the arch. The authors cannot say what value their fanciful RSRS has in those positions. So they cannot account for those positions in their fanciful AFRICAN RSRS.
It is clear that you folks do not have a clue about what the positions in the arch mean.
I suggest that mt-MRCA evolved from Neanderthals in the Middle East. This is the most parsimonious phylogeny.
Now someone can take an ancestor from Africa and describe that. Show us how parsimonious that is.

According to the recent African origin of modern humans theory, modern humans evolved in Africa possibly from Homo heidelbergensis, Homo rhodesiensis or Homo antecessor
Anyone?
So nobody.
No, no, you've presented lots and lots of evidence. But if you wish to continue, go right ahead. You're the one looking at having permanent electrodes installed.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #5228
Well Socrates, you've now failed to support your case both morphologically and genetically. Are we done here?
I am surprised at you Untheist, simply dismissing fantastically, romantically, delusionally, hallucinologically, make-believably, inarticulably, religiously and just plain old what-the-fuck-ally.
Are we there yet?

Reply #5229
After years of wasted effort the bottom line remains unchanged. Socrates has not convinced anyone that his ideas might have merit.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #5230
Has anyone mentioned to Socrates yet that modern humans were barely able to successfully reproduce more than a few times with Neanderthals, because Neanderthals were a distinct species of human, whereas we have always been able to freely and prolifically reproduce amongst ourselves, regardless of how far from Africa some of us may have travelled?

Of course, I don't expect Socrates to be able to deduce anything about ancestry from that fact.

Reply #5231
I don't think he believes humans ever reproduced with Neanderthals. He's spoken of the idea disparagingly before. For example...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I get a kick out of all the stories they have made up, to prop up the Out of Africa theory.
For example, how many times do they have them mating with Neanderthals? And where?
Every time they see things aren't working out, they add another mating.
How many are they up to now?
People seem shy. How many matings in how many areas (in this "parsimonious" Out of Africa theory)?
I'm not sure he even accepts that humans and Neanderthals ever even coexisted.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #5232
So he's still on his 'modern humans are descended from Neanderthals' wagon?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #5233
:sadyes:
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #5234
Modern white humans.
Are we there yet?

• socrates1
Reply #5235

Anyone?
So nobody.
So no evidence. Looks like people have given up even trying. I understand.

• Faid
Reply #5236
Do you understand, though?

Do you?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #5237
Evidence of what?

Reply #5238
Maybe Socrates is looking for something like this...
I suggest that mt-MRCA evolved from Neanderthals in the Middle East ancestors in Africa. This is the most parsimonious phylogeny.
...since that's the same level of "evidence" he gives for his own beliefs.

Reply #5239

Anyone?
So nobody.
As Faid said, we gave you the fossil evidence. What you didn't ignore, you handwaved away. So what's the point?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #5240
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• socrates1
Reply #5241

Anyone?
So nobody.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #5242
Quote from: VoxRat
Keep trying, "Socrates"
Keep trying, "Socrates"
Keep trying, "Socrates"
Keep trying, "Socrates"
Keep trying, "Socrates"
Keep trying, "Socrates"
Keep trying, "Socrates"
Keep trying, "Socrates"
Keep trying, "Socrates"
Keep trying, "Socrates"

Reply #5243
My unspecified phylogeny is super parsimonious! Do you have any evidence it isn't?
Show your parsimonious phylogeny. What is the sequence for your supposed ancestor of modern humans? Does your tree of modern humans differ from the tree in the chart in any way beyond where the "root" is? Produce your phylogeny.
Showing your work behind your claim of parsimony.

Because it directly contradicts the paper you've been citing.

The phylogeny was reconstructed by evaluating both all previ- ously available published and the herein released complete mtDNA sequences aiming at the most parsimonious solution and aided by the software mtPhyl.

But we all know sometimes scientists are wrong. So I'd welcome socrates showing a more parsimonious phylogeny.

I think our guests would appreciate Doug's assessment of where his phantasm Neandertals would fit in with the very real mtDNA evidence at our disposal.

Well, Doug?
I can't hear you!
I can't hear you!
I can't hear you!
I can't hear you!
I can't hear you!
I can't hear you!
I can't hear you!
I can't hear you!
I can't hear you!
I think this is a bit more accurate

• Faid
Reply #5244
So, no "socrates". I understand.