Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• If there's not at least one goonsay in the memecloud, I can't be held responsible for the actions that I or other concerned citizens of Talkrational might take.

Topic: XFL the sequel (Read 274 times) previous topic - next topic

• nesb
XFL the sequel
This is a worked shoot, my good buddies. For all the proof you need, repeat the particulars of Vince McMahon's ostensible plan, out loud, to a skeptical audience, like say on the bus or whatever. A "family friendly" alternative professional football league, with no TV contract, that will exclude players with criminal records yet somehow still find eight 40-man rosters' worth of athletes good and skilled and competent enough to play a brand of "quicker, simpler ... safer" football with "fewer infractions" and at a high and telegenic enough level to draw football-stadium-sized crowds, and all of it organized and pitched around those players agreeing not ever to kneel or sit during the national anthem--a marginal part of the presentation of a football game that a good 98-percent of football fans happily spent waiting in line for hot dogs or finding their seats or picking their noses for all the long decades of the NFL's explosive growth into America's secular religion, and which a fractional smattering of whom only began pretending to care any particular which way about less than 18 months ago. All of it launched and overseen and funded by the leathery pinhead who has spent the past half-century not turning professional wrestling into one of the most popular sports in America, despite never facing direct competition even a hundredth as rich or powerful or entrenched as the NFL--the doofus who tried to launch a bodybuilding league and wound up getting indicted for it. Yes. This is a real thing that definitely will happen.

Don't fall for this. Please don't fall for it. Oh god, you're going to, aren't you. You're going to gawk it into existence. You asshole.

https://deadspin.com/the-new-xfl-is-dumb-as-hell-but-thank-god-its-not-actua-1822447469