Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• My reactions to this were a mixed "Wow, what monsters, what colossal douchebags." and "lol what kind of idiot moron dork try-hard I-only-just-discovered-Ayn-Rand talks-too-much-during-philosophy-101 pseudo-intellectuals chat about gutting Medicaid at a fucking college party COME ON."

Topic: Norton's Empire: Day 2 (Read 1684 times) previous topic - next topic

• borealis
  • Administrator
Re: Norton's Empire: Day 2
Reply #475
I just had clarification on something, yb is cool :)

he got my night action

Thank goodness. I couldn't argue with you since it was your PM and action, but yb's report was too close to what I'd expect if he got your info to be a coincidence or a scum altered report. I believed he got your info.

• grit
  • redolent needling balm
Reply #476
weak doc is pretty powerful. there is zero excuse not to use it. if you are dead you are dead, town at least wld get info out of it. this is a protown mindset
So are you saying you would like to see it used tonight, or that I failed by not using it on you last night?
yeah, you are gonna have to explain why no and I have slipped a bit. nos is my strongest town read and my role is pretty much confirmed and it is a very obvs freaking town role, not mention every single I have done this game has been for town.

and I think mz looks even scummier after all this, and I don't by that you were sus of him yesterday since you defended him when I was gonna vote him.
I did not say I was sus of Mz yesterday, I said I see him as my most Townie read today. Yesterday I made clear you were in that spot for me. You're doing exactly what you accused Mz of doing yesterday.. by making everything extreme.
And, I have repeatedly stated I still have you and nos as town. You're each just muddying your own waters by your actions and the revelation of game mechanics. Not everyone is Town and you know full well how confirmed roles do not confirm alignment, just as Mz claims. No Scum are dead yet. I certainly agree that most of what has been claimed has a townish shimmer, but with this cast I'm not beyond allowing for some purpose in that, esp. with all the unpressured role-reveals.
grit is claiming joat but a joat has 3 actions and grit is only claiming 1. he has voiced no suspicion on borealis until he voted her. thats a nono in my book so he goes into the scum pile. joat can and often is used as scum role and the sensor piece cld easily be scum cos it wld detect any non town on a wagon. it cld be used as a sort of info giver of an indie i.e. sk. not to mention if the weak doc claim was legit he wld have used it last night.

which brings me to borealis. not scum but I think she cld be an sk with the vig claim.

mz is so anti town it isn't even funny. him complaining abou the lantern post reads like scumplaining and in my last game I played scum were making noises just like mz and then got pissy when the player got modkilled. since I neither got a warning or modkilled I clearly did not break any rules. he looks confused but it looks like scum trying to scramble around all of the roles that he has pushed for and use it to his advantage.
Now you're again being blatantly nonfactual and inconsistent within back-to-back posts. I claim JOAT because that's what the GM called it, and I specified 2 actions, not 1, and the weakness of those 2 1-shots may very well match-up with a limited Inventor claim. esp. if raven has split the thing between players as she did Commuter.  Though I agree that given the 1-shots revealed thus far the balance seems kind of swingy without knowing more. I just know most of our Town reveals/claims seem to have a limiting catch.

You're right that I posted no suspicion of bo yesterday, and make of that what you will. Apart from slight suspicion on tw and rach I don't think I gave any scum reads at all, 'cause I had none.

And you're reaction to Mz's pointing out factual errors you've made doesn't equate to either of you being Scum. But someone is scum, unless it's a recruitment game, and I'm not going there without more proof. Mz is claiming that road was an overreach pointed out to him by "a friend". That's why I too asked about the GM use of "loyal" and Mz's claim of "innocents".

If there are smoke-screens and/or mirrors anywhere they could be in almost any of what's happened via posts, and scum may be just as anxious as town to either figure out or orchestrate mechanics to their advantage. That's why, yes, I too think it's another aspect of why forcing role claims out the gate is poor play.

Reply #477
ugh, I have tried 3 times to respond to grit but I keep messing up the formatting. I might just do it the lazy way but I am taking a break.

I am tired.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #478
Napping is allowed, Diva. :)

Reply #479
Borealis, it's diva. You know what to do.

Reply #480
Or kill me. I'm vanilla. I was day 1 almost unlynchable beloved. Then Lynch diva.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #481
don't kill MZ! I'm in love with him!

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #482
colour me confused

I saw aden's post just before I went to bed but thought he snuck in a post as raven was locking the thread.  Lots I just skimmed.

MZ is def town

I hated grit's vote thrown at bor but I also have a problem with how grit plays mafia so I need to take cues from others on him

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #483
bor, I'm going to believe you are town

who are you going to kill?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #484
He doesn't know, right?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #485

I'd rather not say?

Not mz.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #486
diva what was the confusion with you re Y.B ?

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #487

I'd rather not say?

Not mz.

yes, not mz

and not me, only 'cos I'm town

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #488

Reply #489
 <3  :hug:  <3

My official role is sex worker
Hope you're ok with that.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #490
He doesn't know, right?

he does now

So town.  <3

I'll probably kill the wrong player and then die, but maybe town will learn something.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #491
<3  :hug:  <3

My official role is sex worker
Hope you're ok with that.

I'm the Emperor.

Reply #492
DL, diva, ld, tw

Three from 4.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #493
okay, this is what we have so far.

rach neiborized ld - role confirmed. her actions and posts have been very protown and I have her down as town.
nos - no claimbut feel pretty good about being town. I can literally see the and feel the turning of wheels of trying to work things out.

aden - I think he has been pretty town. he is still in my town pile. but not as strong as nos and rach

things that look squiffy

I cannot believe that no one has picked up that what yb is claiming is more along the lines of a tracker claim. the info he recieved is a tracker result, not an amnesiac voyeur result. conclusion: he did not get my result and I have said this until I am hoarse. so I am wondering what is going on with him but the named townie thing wld be a weird fake claim even tho a named townie is only useful when are the roles are on the table and even then it is toss in the air IMO.

grit is claiming joat but a joat has 3 actions and grit is only claiming 1. he has voiced no suspicion on borealis until he voted her. thats a nono in my book so he goes into the scum pile. joat can and often is used as scum role and the sensor piece cld easily be scum cos it wld detect any non town on a wagon. it cld be used as a sort of info giver of an indie i.e. sk. not to mention if the weak doc claim was legit he wld have used it last night.

which brings me to borealis. not scum but I think she cld be an sk with the vig claim.

mz is so anti town it isn't even funny. him complaining abou the lantern post reads like scumplaining and in my last game I played scum were making noises just like mz and then got pissy when the player got modkilled. since I neither got a warning or modkilled I clearly did not break any rules. he looks confused but it looks like scum trying to scramble around all of the roles that he has pushed for and use it to his advantage.

I am getting kind of town vibes from ld, as weird as that may sound.

tw is not doing anything to further the gamestate, he has done nothing but ask wifomy questions that are speculative , unanswerable at this time and fluffy like cacti. he is my sus pile.

so my scumreads are grit/mz/tw, bor might be an sk. I think scum received my night action cos no1 is claiming it. this was my concern and is why I thought my role was antitown. turns out it isn't.

@nostrum plz plz read this post and tell me if you understand it and if it makes sense to you. and then plz tell me if you understand the conclusions that I have drawn.

@rach marie how does this stack up with your own assessment of what is going on now? I have been waiting for you to shine like this as town since you started playing on here. its a beautiful thing.

rach as neighbouriser... can be scum role also, no?
aden... dunno, just want him to stick around as he's been away for so long
TW... yes am starting to think he's scummy
ld... dunno

Reply #494
Full role claim.
Day 1 beloved sex worker. Needed 8 votes to be lynched day 1. If I was lynch lead with less there would be no Lynch. I have no other role.

I didn't want to Scum it up or claim because of losing a day of scum hunting so I just let it pass.

Reply #495
Was there any point in diva crumbing the lantern to Aden . I think not and I think they cooked that up between them.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #496
I'm Emperor Norton. Love note messenger.  I wasn't given MZ's alignment but his reactions to my anonymous notes were so towny and his role claim fits perfectly.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #497
Night actions are due in 20 minutes

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #498
It's Night Action Resolution Time!