Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: it's heartwarming that two guys with embarrassing excrement stories can back each other up like this

Topic: Avengers: Infinity War (Read 626 times) previous topic - next topic

• ksen
Avengers: Infinity War

Re: Avengers: Infinity War
Reply #1
I mean, i'll see it, and I'm sure it will be entertaining, but the avengers-style movies quickly lost their long term appeal.  Stuff like Wonder Woman and Black Panther are much better at being movies.

eta (and the recent Spider-Man).

Reply #2
Haven't seen black panther yet. Hopefully I'll get to still see it in a theater. Wonder woman was really good though imo.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ksen
Reply #3
I plan to finally see Black Panther tonight.

• ksen
Reply #4
I mean, i'll see it, and I'm sure it will be entertaining, but the avengers-style movies quickly lost their long term appeal.  Stuff like Wonder Woman and Black Panther are much better at being movies.

eta (and the recent Spider-Man).

I still like them for the grand spectacle and I like that they allow Marvel to have not only stand-alone movies but to also weave in storylines that play out over multiple movies with an Avengers movie culmination.

Lots of stuff is supposed to change after Infinity Wars.

Also, who do you guys think will die?

My bets are on Tony Stark, Captain America, Hawkeye and maybe Thor.

Reply #5
Hopefully all of them except for T'Challa.

Reply #6
I think I've reached the end of the line of the MCU and The Avengers films specifically.

I mean what really separates this from Avengers 1 & 2 except for seeing Guardians interact with Iron Man and spiderman.

And then they just basically end with a CGI video game cut scene shitfest where the good guys smash up drones of bad guys until the finally get to the real bad guy.

IDK maybe I've aged out of these films. But I look at films like Raimi's Spiderman 2 or X-men 2 or The Dark Knight and I still really enjoy those films. I guess maybe because they have vision whereas the current MCU seems rather bland and paint by numbers.

• Monad
Reply #7
It was awesome, loved the ending

Can't wait to see how they work Adam Warlock into it though in part 2 - if they even go there (since they majorly changed everything about him in GOTG2 but I presume that's what the end credit was alluding to)

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #8
Hopefully all of them except for T'Challa.

Heheh. How'd that work out for ya? :D

That was............not what I was expecting. :D
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

Reply #9
It was awesome, loved the ending

Can't wait to see how they work Adam Warlock into it though in part 2 - if they even go there (since they majorly changed everything about him in GOTG2 but I presume that's what the end credit was alluding to)
Warlock is going to be in GOTG3 iirc. Captain Marvel will be the new Avenger who'll save the world in IW 2 Electric Boogaloo.
Why do I bother?

• Monad
Reply #10
Yeah that's what I was wondering, so they'll somehow have Carol Danvers take on the role Warlock takes in the comics (even though her powers are different)

I enjoyed the film but can't really see any way they can make reversing all this not be the deus ex machina to end all deus ex machinas.

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #11
Yeah that's what I was wondering, so they'll somehow have Carol Danvers take on the role Warlock takes in the comics (even though her powers are different)

I enjoyed the film but can't really see any way they can make reversing all this not be the deus ex machina to end all deus ex machinas.

IMO, given the Russos, Markus and McFeely have given us two well reviewed, 'impossible' films, I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt. (I consider both Civil War and Infinity War to be films that should be almost impossible to make, partly because of so many characters, and partly the difficulties of maintaining each character and their motivations without relying heavily on contrivance).
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• Fenrir
Reply #12
Can't help but wonder how the film would differ if it had been directed by Taika Waititi. Liked how he managed to blunt some of the more obvious comic contrivances with added comedy in Thor.
It's what plants crave.