TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Wading doesn't help.

Topic: Israel (Read 1950 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Israel
Reply #50
yet another palestinian self-governance epic fail:

Reply #51
you mean that Israel has evicted thousands of modern-day KKK members, cleansing their filth from the land!!!

---teeth, probably

Reply #52
"For me, personally, Arabs are something I can't look at and can't stand," a 10th-grade girl from a high school in the central part of the country says in abominable Hebrew. "I am tremendously racist. I come from a racist home. If I get the chance in the army to shoot one of them, I won't think twice. I'm ready to kill someone with my hands, and it's an Arab. In my education I learned that ... their education is to be terrorists, and there is no belief in them. I live in an area of Arabs, and every day I see these Ishmaelites, who pass by the [bus] station and whistle. I wish them death."

These songs have really changed since I was a kid :stare:

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #53
make Judea and Samaria great again

Reply #54
tbh the Palestinians have a lot more in common with white supremacist rural America than the Israelis do.

er... well i guess the palestinians' could have self-governed, uh... better at... (someone help me out here)

Reply #55
Tribalism owns
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #56
I guess that explains why rural white evangelical Americans have for decades been rallying for and financially supporting their spiritual brothers in arms, the Palestinians

• el jefe
Reply #57
why are the jews so tribal?  why can't they be tolerant, worldly humanists like everyone else?

Reply #59

• el jefe
Reply #60
it has to be uncomfortable to be a Jewish journalist covering this.  probably feels like millions of people will read all kinds of things into it about your motives if you put a comma in the wrong place.

Reply #61
yeah i really feel for the tough spot so many journalists seem to be in right now

Reply #62

can't believe The Left forced israel to give a guy who says jews go to hell a platform at their new embassy

Reply #63
We're like two steps away from Israel offering Palestinian hunting safaris to American evangelicals

• el jefe
Reply #64
and posing with their trophies for instragram

Reply #65
What a clusterfuck throughout history.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #67

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #68
Israeli snipers shooting doctors and medical personnel:

A Canadian-Palestinian doctor was shot in the legs by an Israeli sniper and one of his paramedics was killed on the Gaza border Monday as clashes between Palestinian protesters and Israeli Defence Forces left dozens dead and more than 1,000 wounded.

Dr. Tarek Loubani, an emergency physician from London, Ont., who is also an associate professor at the University of Western Ontario's medical school, joined medical teams on the Gaza border Monday to care for Palestinians who might be injured in demonstrations against the inauguration of the U.S. embassy in Jerusalem.

Dr. Loubani, who has served as an emergency field doctor in Tanzania and conflict zones such as Iraq and southern Lebanon, said he was wearing a green surgeon's outfit and standing with several orange-vested paramedics about 25 metres from the protests at the border when he was hit.

"I am very seasoned about not being shot at. I know where to stand. I know where to be. I know how not to get shot," he told The Globe and Mail in a telephone interview from Gaza where he recuperating. "Snipers don't reach me because of mistakes. I did everything right. We were all huddled. We were high visibility. It was quiet at the exact moment I got shot. The bullet went through my left leg, through my right leg out and hit the ground".

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-canadian-doctor-shot-by-israeli-sniper-near-gaza-border/

• dinosaurs!
  • a new kind of jihad, anal jihad

• uncool
Reply #70
This is the talking point I'm seeing among supporters of Israel.

Anyone know what criterion Hamas is using for "were Hamas"?

Reply #71
who cares? the whole thing is based on the idea that if you just say HAMAS enough you can shut down peoples' brains so they don't ask tough questions like how hamas was theoretically able to lead 50,000 people to risk getting killed by snipers. don't even fucking dignify it with inquiry, it's basically a conspiracy theory (not in the sense that hamas had no involvement, in the sense that everything can't just be reduced to this scarybad bad people cabal's machinations)

• uncool
Reply #72
If only the existence of the protests matters - not the response itself - then it doesn't matter. But much of the outcry seems to stem from the response and the killings.

Reply #73
membership in hamas doesn't erase the fact that israel murdered unarmed protesters so sorry, idgaf.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #74
Anyone know what criterion Hamas is using for "were Hamas"?

I haven't been following things closely in the past few years, so this is just a guess, but it seems to me that it'd probably be in Hamas's best interests, politically, to claim those people were members.

Whether they were members doesn't really change the fact that snipers were shooting at unarmed teenagers, children, and medical personnel or the greater context.