Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: At least we're not IIDB

Topic: The Trump Kompromat Fact: Whereby we discuss the realness of the piss tape (Read 50238 times) previous topic - next topic

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Re: The Trump Kompromat Fact: Whereby we discuss the realness of the piss tape
Reply #3550
I believe that would not survive a court challenge.
I'm not so sure, in light of lots of 5-4 SC decisions, from Bush v. Gore onward.

Plus, his power of pardon is limited to Federal crimes, not state nor international.
Yeah - just federal crimes. But:
Consider that if the memo is correct, there would be nothing wrong with Trump setting up a booth somewhere in Washington, DC where wealthy individuals could hand checks to Trump, and in exchange Trump would make whatever federal legal trouble they are in go it away. You could call it "The Trump Hotel" or maybe bundle a room to stay in along with the legal impunity.

Having cut your check, you'd then have carte blanche to commit bank fraud or dump toxic waste in violation of the Clean Water Act or whatever else you want to do. Tony Soprano could get the feds off his case, and so could the perpetrators of the next Enron fraud or whatever else.

Perhaps most egregiously, since Washington DC isn't a state all criminal law here is federal criminal law, so the president could have his staff murder opposition party senators or inconvenient judges and then block any investigation into what's happening.
Trump's legal memo to Robert Mueller is a recipe for tyranny
  • Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 11:45:31 AM by VoxRat
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #3551
yuck
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #3552
Preet Bharara says Trump pardoning himself would be 'almost self-executing impeachment'

I doubt it.
First of all, you'd need to get at least 24 Trumpublican congresspersons to vote for it (24 - assuming all democrats vote for it).
I honestly don't think there are that many vertebrae among them.
And of course impeachment, strictly speaking, is only the equivalent of indictment.
It doesn't count for much without conviction, which would require at least 18 Trumpublican senators - probably more after January, as I expect them to gain seats in the November election.
I think impeachment - sans conviction - actually strengthened Clinton, politically.
Which is why "establishment" democrats would really rather not even raise the prospect.

"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #3553
I believe that would not survive a court challenge.
I'm not so sure, in light of lots of 5-4 SC decisions, from Bush v. Gore onward.

Plus, his power of pardon is limited to Federal crimes, not state nor international.
Yeah - just federal crimes. But:
Consider that if the memo is correct, there would be nothing wrong with Trump setting up a booth somewhere in Washington, DC where wealthy individuals could hand checks to Trump, and in exchange Trump would make whatever federal legal trouble they are in go it away. You could call it "The Trump Hotel" or maybe bundle a room to stay in along with the legal impunity.

Having cut your check, you'd then have carte blanche to commit bank fraud or dump toxic waste in violation of the Clean Water Act or whatever else you want to do. Tony Soprano could get the feds off his case, and so could the perpetrators of the next Enron fraud or whatever else.

Perhaps most egregiously, since Washington DC isn't a state all criminal law here is federal criminal law, so the president could have his staff murder opposition party senators or inconvenient judges and then block any investigation into what's happening.
Trump's legal memo to Robert Mueller is a recipe for tyranny
I dunno, I doubt any Supreme Court Justices would be willing to swallow that. Not exactly what one wants as their crowning moment in their career. Nor to I think Congress would go along with it. They may be party animals, but a President with unlimited powers of Pardon would be a serious threat to their own power.

Of course, it might come down to civil war. I dunno. It would be very bad.
Are we there yet?

Reply #3554

• uncool
Reply #3555

"Our recollection keeps changing."
Amazing
The thing that amazed me even more was how he embraced his utter wrongness about Stormy Daniels, and then tried to use it as a defense.

"What I said was bullshit before, so it's more likely Sekulow was bullshitting! You gotta believe me!"

• uncool
Reply #3556
Jesus Manafort's fucked.

Attempt to tamper with witnesses, and the evidence is a set of messages through encrypted app, given by the recipients.
ETA: seeing claims the app was WhatsApp, may have missed that.
  • Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 07:09:01 PM by uncool

Reply #3557
Wow.

• uncool
Reply #3558
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/04/politics/rudy-giuliani-trump-tower-cnntv/index.html
(CNN) Rudy Giuliani denied Monday that the disclosure by Donald Trump's attorneys that the President dictated a crucial statement on the infamous June 2016 Trump Tower meeting -- a reversal from past denials -- constituted a lie, instead claiming it was a routine mistake.

"It was a mistake," Giulani, a lawyer for Trump in the Russia investigation, said on CNN's "Cuomo Prime Time" Monday. "I swear to God, it was a mistake."
(Quote's a bit deceptive; he's saying the earlier statements, by Sekulow, were mistakes)
The former New York City mayor said a mistake like that "happens all the time" among attorneys in the early stages of a case, and noted that there was no testimony to that effect under oath.
Does anyone, anywhere give any credence to Giuliani's statements any more?

Is anyone going to point out that these statements aren't under oath either?

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3559
lol the hubris

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #3560
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/04/politics/rudy-giuliani-trump-tower-cnntv/index.html
(CNN) Rudy Giuliani denied Monday that the disclosure by Donald Trump's attorneys that the President dictated a crucial statement on the infamous June 2016 Trump Tower meeting -- a reversal from past denials -- constituted a lie, instead claiming it was a routine mistake.

"It was a mistake," Giulani, a lawyer for Trump in the Russia investigation, said on CNN's "Cuomo Prime Time" Monday. "I swear to God, it was a mistake."
(Quote's a bit deceptive; he's saying the earlier statements, by Sekulow, were mistakes)
The former New York City mayor said a mistake like that "happens all the time" among attorneys in the early stages of a case, and noted that there was no testimony to that effect under oath.

I actually find it easy to believe trump's attorneys are making dumb mistakes, given the complexity of the circumstances and the chaotic environment their client creates.

Reply #3561

I actually find it easy to believe trump's attorneys are making dumb mistakes, given the complexity of the circumstances and the chaotic environment their client creates.
Well, given the impossible task he creates.

Reply #3562

Reply #3563
Nice. She's a 10 you know.

Reply #3564
10 IQ sounds about right

lol the entire Trump clan is extremely dumb but also, because of kickin' rad capitalism, extremely wealthy and powerful

• uncool
Reply #3565

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #3566

Reply #3567

Reply #3568

Reply #3569

Reply #3570
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44409775

Maybe if Trumpo got Putin back into the G7 the Piss Tape would disappear.

Reply #3571

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #3572
this just proves that putin is our friend

Reply #3573
NY AG files big lawsuit against Trump crime family for illegal activities related to the Trump Foundation

Reply #3574
What a complete idiot.