Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Questionable content, potentially containing dismissiveness.

Topic: Trumpocalypse (Read 81258 times) previous topic - next topic

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Re: Trumpocalypse
Reply #7850
they think he is fighting an evil international establishment that has (somehow) been harming them.  they feel genuine frustration at the "elites" and "globalists" that their media bubble has caricatured into ridiculous boogeymen and invented out of thin air, respectively.  he also is "standing up to" iran and the paris negotiators, whereas obama "let america get screwed!"  (and lest anyone dare to think these are just matters of opinion, FYI their positions are based on misinformation like "iran has attacked us" and "global warming is a hoax by the chinese")

it's a bunch of theater for angry people who are so misinformed they almost qualify as psychotic. the only point of contact between their understanding and reality is that trump is doing damage to something, though it is mostly to some valuable relationships, our credibility, and maybe also international stability - tricky stuff trump and his fans don't understand

• MikeS
Reply #7851
it's a bunch of theater for angry people who are so misinformed they almost qualify as psychotic. the only point of contact between their understanding and reality is that trump is doing damage to something, though it is mostly to some valuable relationships, our credibility, and maybe also international stability - tricky stuff trump and his fans don't understand care about
fyp

Reply #7852
oh, they definitely care about that stuff. they just have a completely warped and puerile view of how to maintain them.

Reply #7853
Obviously the best way to maintain good relationships with your neighbors is to barge into their homes and shit on the floor.

Reply #7855
they think he is fighting an evil international establishment that has (somehow) been harming them.  they feel genuine frustration at the "elites" and "globalists" that their media bubble has caricatured into ridiculous boogeymen and invented out of thin air, respectively.  he also is "standing up to" iran and the paris negotiators, whereas obama "let america get screwed!"  (and lest anyone dare to think these are just matters of opinion, FYI their positions are based on misinformation like "iran has attacked us" and "global warming is a hoax by the chinese")

it's a bunch of theater for angry people who are so misinformed they almost qualify as psychotic. the only point of contact between their understanding and reality is that trump is doing damage to something, though it is mostly to some valuable relationships, our credibility, and maybe also international stability - tricky stuff trump and his fans don't understand

I read a interesting take some time ago about the differences between societies that care about outcomes vs societies that care about honor, and how the internal political struggles of many countries are about this societal divide between honor and outcome.  The people who vote Republican are generally from communities that value honor over outcome, which is why they vote for policies that repeatedly fail them. Trump "telling it like it is" appeals to this honor-based value system, which is why people love this bullshit despite the fact it's gonna get us all killed in nuclear hellfire.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #7856
literally saw some lady at a protest who was part of the pro-trump counter-protesters holding a sign that said:

#BallsMatter

So weird. I was trying to think of any Canadian politician, past or present, liberal or conservative, who's been lauded for their 'balls' and cannot think of one. Harper would have been frankly embarrassed.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #7857
The people who vote Republican are generally from communities that value honor over outcome, which is why they vote for policies that repeatedly fail them. Trump "telling it like it is" appeals to this honor-based value system,
It's kind of ironic that "grab em by the pussy" ends up being the "honor-based value system" choice.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #7858
The people who vote Republican are generally from communities that value honor over outcome, which is why they vote for policies that repeatedly fail them. Trump "telling it like it is" appeals to this honor-based value system,
It's kind of ironic that "grab em by the pussy" ends up being the "honor-based value system" choice.

You can grab your own by the pussy. That's ok. It's letting someone else grab yours by the pussy that hurts your honor.

You gotta see this from the redneck monkey pespective.

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #7859
literally saw some lady at a protest who was part of the pro-trump counter-protesters holding a sign that said:

#BallsMatter

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #7860

One of mine :smug:

• Pingu

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #7862

#BallsMatter

it's times like these that i like to think back to all of the cat and dog testicles that went straight into the garbage can

Reply #7863
Omg, I'm reading a transcript of Trump's UN speech and he actually called Kim "Rocket man" in his speech.

What a joke.

BURNIN OUT HIS FUSE UP HERE ALONE

:sadcheer:

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #7864
:therethere: Valor, she likely accidentally hit the button twice.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #7865
sorry, I did!  I shall like it once more. I hope this helps.

Reply #7866
:cheer:

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #7867
lol teeth

Reply #7868

Reply #7869
chrome pops up a little message saying "You seem to want to unlike a post. That's super rude. You sure you want to let nostrum know you didn't actually like her post?"

like-unlike is all kinds of shade

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #7870
chrome pops up a little message saying "You seem to want to unlike a post. That's super rude. You sure you want to let nostrum know you didn't actually like her post?"

like-unlike is all kinds of shade
Maybe as many as 50?
Are we there yet?

Reply #7871
I fondly remember the days of old when I could put RAFH on ignore.

shade like that

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #7872
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/21/trump-agriculture-department-usda-campaign-workers-242951

The truck driver, Nick Brusky, was hired this year at USDA's Foreign Agricultural Service -- an agency tasked with developing overseas markets for U.S. agricultural trade goods -- at one of the highest levels on the federal government's pay scale, a GS-12, earning $79,720 annually. Though that pay grade requires a master's degree or equivalent experience, it's not clear from Brusky's résumé whether he's a college graduate.

are you fucking kidding me

We had USDA food inspection service vets come talk to us, and they said we can maybe hope to get to GS-12 after a few years of service, and that's with a professional degree.

Another example: Christopher O'Hagan, an appointee as a confidential assistant at the Agricultural Marketing Service, which helps producers of food, fiber and specialty crop growers market their goods. O'Hagan graduated in 2016 from the University of Scranton with a major in history and a minor in economics. But his résumé lists only one example of work experience prior to joining the Trump campaign in January 2016 -- employment as a cabana attendant at the Westchester Country Club in Rye, New York, while in school.

Similarly, Trump campaign alum Tim Page, a 2016 graduate of Appalachian State University, is now at the Natural Resources Conservation Service, an agency that helps farmers, ranchers and forest managers employ conservation practices. Page's résumé indicates that he owns Cutting Edge LLC, a landscaping service in Connelly Springs, North Carolina.

Also in the ranks of USDA political appointees are the scented-candle company owner; a clerk at AT&T; a Republican National Committee intern; a part-time executive assistant and rental property manager; and a former Washington state senator who mentioned on his résumé that he was the first elected official in his state to back Trump's candidacy.

welp, it's a good thing my profession has nothing to do with th- oh, fuck.

Reply #7873
The special election in Alabama next week: who to cheer for? On one hand, we've got Roy Moore, the televangelical asshole who's been disbarred and actually removed from office when he was on the state court (twice?). On the other hand, there's Luther Strange, a Trump ass-kissing suckup who thinks the trumpster fire is the best thing to happen to the US since Ronnie Raygun. 

The US is so fucked.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #7874
I'd laugh at you guys but we're in the debris field.