Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Explain me why this is wrong?

Topic: Trumpocalypse (Read 81248 times) previous topic - next topic

monolith224 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Re: Trumpocalypse
Reply #8225
I mean I guess it has to be because if I think about the fact that we basically alienated a country that was helping us for the most idiotic possible reasons, it's just  :gonk:  :staregonk:  Like, on top of the flat-out evil stuff this administration is doing, there's this disastrous stuff they're doing because they're just fucking idiots who have no idea what they're doing. It's just...yeah. This administration can't end soon enough.

Reply #8226
So not just callous, but bureaucratic and callous. I wondered why Trump reminded me of a Vogon
Why do I bother?

• Faid
Reply #8227
I wondered why Trump reminded me of a Vogon
Why?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #8228
assuming most or all of the distortion happened between the prepared statement and trump's mouth.
Well we've heard the word salad he spews when the whole world is watching - e.g. how he's going to do this or that "in the next period of time" ::) -  it's not hard to imagine he'd ineptly screw up the script that Kelly had given him with what he thought would be an audience of just one. In fact, it's hard to imagine that he wouldn't.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #8229
I mean I guess it has to be because if I think about the fact that we basically alienated a country that was helping us for the most idiotic possible reasons, it's just  :gonk:  :staregonk:  Like, on top of the flat-out evil stuff this administration is doing, there's this disastrous stuff they're doing because they're just fucking idiots who have no idea what they're doing. It's just...yeah. This administration can't end soon enough.
ever since the election, I've thought that sheer incompetence would be and is the most important thing to recognize about the trump administration, in terms of explanatory power. 

he came into this not knowing anything about government or policy.  that matters more than people think; the details don't just work themselves out because "his aides know how to do the paperwork" or "something something leadership skills".  it's just like any job: if you don't know how to do it, you're going to suck at it.  ....  and his ignorance hasn't changed much in office, because he is too lazy to learn anything and too paranoid to consistently trust the advice of people who do know what they're talking about.

and he makes up for all that by having the impulse control of an 8-year-old, relying on flaky gut - based reasoning, and showing a general lack of seriousness about everything.

just overwhelming incompetence

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #8230
... coupled with incredible overconfidence and arrogance (case in point - just one of thousands - that cringe-worthy session with the governor of Puerto Rico, giving himself "10 out of 10", "nobody's ever seen such a great response!", etc. etc. :barf:   )

It's the Dunning-Kruger poster child with the nuclear football.  :staregonk:
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #8231
John Kelly is fucking scary. He is not the "adult in the room" unless that's your way of describing authoritarian assholes.

Reply #8232
yeah, Kelly is basically a fucking fascist

• el jefe
Reply #8233
re: "grown up in the room"

only in the extremely narrow sense that he reportedly keeps trump's finger off the big red button

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #8234
The coda at the end of that show yesterday was particularly revealing.
(paraphrasing here:) "Yeah, I suppose we have to accept the existence of some of :yuck: you people :yuck: who have never been in the military. But, you know, I actually feel sorry for you, because you'll never know the satisfaction of serving your country and being in the elite company of the best humans on the planet".

That and the "Things that used to be sacred... like women"  shtick.             :barf:
I wonder if he really thought that one through.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTVRNXXxS_s

• Pingu
Reply #8235
ever since the election, I've thought that sheer incompetence would be and is the most important thing to recognize about the trump administration, in terms of explanatory power. 

he came into this not knowing anything about government or policy.  that matters more than people think; the details don't just work themselves out because "his aides know how to do the paperwork" or "something something leadership skills".  it's just like any job: if you don't know how to do it, you're going to suck at it.  ....  and his ignorance hasn't changed much in office, because he is too lazy to learn anything and too paranoid to consistently trust the advice of people who do know what they're talking about.

and he makes up for all that by having the impulse control of an 8-year-old, relying on flaky gut - based reasoning, and showing a general lack of seriousness about everything.

You forgot the narcissism.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• Pingu

Reply #8237
More fantasies
Donald Trump has blamed a rise in crime in the UK on "radical Islamic terror", despite there being no evidence to support the claim.

In an early morning tweet the President said: "Just out report: 'United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of Radical Islamic terror.' Not good, we must keep America safe!"

Even if it were true, what is the connection between US safety and crime in the UK?

Reader comment:
the number of murders in the UK is alarming at 640, in a population of c64m. But then I remembered that the FBI announced, on Sept. 17, Chicago hit 500 homicides this year, from a population of just over 2m.

• MikeS
Reply #8238
More fantasies
Donald Trump has blamed a rise in crime in the UK on "radical Islamic terror", despite there being no evidence to support the claim.

In an early morning tweet the President said: "Just out report: 'United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of Radical Islamic terror.' Not good, we must keep America safe!"

Even if it were true, what is the connection between US safety and crime in the UK?

Reader comment:
the number of murders in the UK is alarming at 640, in a population of c64m. But then I remembered that the FBI announced, on Sept. 17, Chicago hit 500 homicides this year, from a population of just over 2m.
You're not playing the game correctly Lugubert.
You're supposed to find the alt-right story or Fox News Bulletin that broadcast the story the President tweeted out.

You get five hundred Trump points if you get the source right, and one thousand if the tweet source is some news organization that resides in someones basement.

• el jefe
Reply #8239
More fantasies

Even if it were true, what is the connection between US safety and crime in the UK? ...
the Islamists are attacking "the west"

• Monad
Reply #8240
More fantasies

Reader comment:

You have an incompetent moron for a president

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #8241
I thought Lugubert was in Sweden.

• Monad
Reply #8242
No idea but I was addressing people for who Trump is president in general

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #8243
I thought Lugubert was in Sweden.
bork bork bork

• ffejrxx
Reply #8244
More fantasies

Reader comment:

You have an incompetent moron for a president

yes, and its the other incompetent moron around him that refuse to do anything about it

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #8245
Turns out Kelly's version of events about Rep. Wilson bragging about securing funding for the FBI building is complete bullshit.

Not only was she not in Congress in 2009 when funding was secured, video has surfaced of the speech which shows the only thing she talked about that was related was having a hand in getting the building named after the FBI agents that had been killed two weeks before.

The wider facts are that Comey expressed the desire to rename the building, Wilson was instrumental in drafting the bill and worked with Boener and others in the Senate and House to rush it through in time for the dedication of the building.

The only thing about her speech that could be construed as boasting about anything at all was her pointing out that she was the one who said "hell no" when told it would take up to eight weeks to implement a change because legislation requires that the Senate, the House, and the President must all sign off on it. That portion or her speech was actually more light-hearted than some sort of brazen boasting, like the kind we've become accustomed to from Trump.

Not only did she give praise to everyone involved for moving the bill quickly through approval in time for the event, Wilson spent most of her time during the speech praising the fallen FBI agents and law enforcement in general for their sacrifices.

Here's what Kelly said ...

"And a Congresswoman stood up, and in a long tradition of empty barrels making the most noise, stood up there in all of that and talked about how she was instrumental in getting the funding for that building and how she took care of her constituents because she got the money, and she just called up President Obama, and on that phone call, he gave the money, the $20 million, to build the building, and she sat down, and we were stunned, stunned that she'd done it. Even for someone that is that empty a barrel, we were stunned."

The news video covering part of her speech is here ...

Frederica Wilson 2015 video shows White House Chief of Staff John Kelly got it wrong

And of course, Huckleberry-Sanders is spinning this in the most dishonest manner possible and when called on that bullshit was asked if Kelly would be making a statement or responding to questions. She responded by saying "If you want to get into a debate with a four-star marine general. I think that's highly inappropriate" which in itself is a load of horseshit. Kelly is a retired general, as if that sentiment actually held sway like she intends and it doesn't, and as any regular member of staff he should be held responsible for his actions and statements, no different than any other asshole in this Administration.

She then spun what Kelly said into something he didn't by dropping the specifics and referring to it as "legislation" in general. Then completely lied and claimed Kelly was actually referencing claims Wilson was making at the event that "lots of people are saying so heard".  Shades of the Dotard.

There's seemingly no bottom to the level of disgust these people provide me.
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

Reply #8246
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #8247
The coda at the end of that show yesterday was particularly revealing.
(paraphrasing here:) "Yeah, I suppose we have to accept the existence of some of :yuck: you people :yuck: who have never been in the military. But, you know, I actually feel sorry for you, because you'll never know the satisfaction of serving your country and being in the elite company of the best humans on the planet".

That and the "Things that used to be sacred... like women"  shtick.             :barf:
I wonder if he really thought that one through.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTVRNXXxS_s

It's funny that Trump should say something like "Yeah, I suppose we have to accept the existence of some of :yuck: you people :yuck: who have never been in the military. But, you know, I actually feel sorry for you, because you'll never know the satisfaction of serving your country and being in the elite company of the best humans on the planet" given he's never been in the military.
Are we there yet?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #8248
It was Kelly, not Trump, who gave that performance.
I don't know if he realized he was putting Dear Leader in the less-than-the-best category, or if maybe Dear Leader gets a pass because as Commander In Chief he gets to be considered part of the √úbermenschen class.

• JonF
Reply #8249
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins