Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational:  It's good to be vig

Topic: Keeping tabs on the alt-right (Read 11065 times) previous topic - next topic

• nesb
Re: Keeping tabs on the alt-right
Reply #1025
A woman working for James O'Keefe was trying to get dirt on the American Federation of Teachers in Michigan. But she got caught, and O'Keefe's organization now has another lawsuit against them.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2017/09/29/teachers-union-james-okeefe-243323

Reply #1026

Reply #1027

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #1028
Yee_haw! Someone give that man a gun.
Truth is out of style

Reply #1029
Long article on how Milo entered alt-right, with documentation (emails between him and weev, Moldbug, Vox Day, Bannon, and others about his major article). Haven't found anything particularly exciting yet (have barely read the beginning - it's quite long), but seems interesting enough; the worst I've seen is that he allowed his subjects to annotate the proposed article for corrections, if I understood correctly.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism

ETA: oh, and an instance of Milo objecting to something he considered "outright lying" and Bannon being outraged at him objecting at all.

After an interrupted speech (DePaul): "I wouldn't confess this to anyone publicly, of course, but I was worried ... last night that I was going to get punched or worse. ... I need one or two people of my own."

Finished reading. There's a whole lotta smoke, but not much fire that I can find. Some outright misrepresentation (most notably to me, some emails from David Auerbach, whom you probably forgot as the journalist with the view closest to both Ty's and my positions on gamergate), some imputation of underhandedness where others would get the benefit of the doubt, but there are a few surprising bits (e.g. Milo having passwords of LongKnives1290 and Kristallnacht, and "I need to stay, if not clean, then clean enough", not to mention the sieg heil karaoke video).
  • Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 03:39:17 PM by uncool

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #1030

was hoping this would be some random state legislator.  there are 10s of thousands of them, so a few from the fringe of the fringe are going to slip through.  but no, this is a member of the US congress.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #1031
There's a whole lotta smoke, but not much fire that I can find.

lol of course

Reply #1032

lol of course
What can I say? I've been convinced Milo's a piece of shit for a while, and this gives little more in terms of facts to show it.

Although it does have some extra info on other people.

• linus
Reply #1033
https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism
Haha, this pretty much sums up the political spectrum on the right these days:
He added that during his karaoke performance, his "severe myopia" made it impossible for him to see the Hitler salutes a few feet away.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #1034
Here's an interesting one. We Snuck into Seattle's Super Secret White Nationalist Convention

Definitely check out Lewis' full account via the link.

David is a friend of ours. Truly a fabulous character. This adventure is so typical of him.
Are we there yet?

Reply #1035

lol of course

• el jefe
Reply #1036
I didn't realize there were people who doubted or denied that breitbart was an alt-racist website.

eta:  I thought they were part of the whole 2016 racist coming out party

Reply #1037

lol of course

"ALT RIGHT, MEIN FUHRER."

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #1038
I didn't realize there were people who doubted or denied that breitbart was an alt-racist website.

eta:  I thought they were part of the whole 2016 racist coming out party

There are a lot of people who don't see anything wrong with that and/or don't consider anything outside actually attending a KKK lynch party to be racist.

Reply #1040

• el jefe
Reply #1041
"now remember guys, let's not kill anyone this time.  the press used that to make us look bad."

Reply #1042
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #1043
guess they took it down in shame. was some news station calling the nazis "white activists" which is, i suppose, technically correct.

Reply #1044
Nobody up here is talking about this at all which surprised me, I thought we'd be all over it but I guess even we're bored of Spencer.

Reply #1045

• ksen
Reply #1046
Ditka went on to say, "I also don't see all this evolution that some people see. I mean we still have monkeys."

• el jefe
Reply #1047
I hear things were great down south before the "civil rights" folks started stirrin up trouble

• el jefe
Reply #1048
no obstacles to voting since 1917?  or to owning property?  no segregation in schools?  no problems getting hired?  all of those things fine since 1917?

of course by prime time tomorrow, we'll be hearing about the supposed attacks on Mike Ditka's freedom of speech, as a distraction from how ahistorical what he said was
  • Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:33:45 PM by el jefe

• nesb
Reply #1049
At least Ditka addressed what the protests are actually about, and in so doing, helped demonstrate why they may be necessary. It's got to be hard to wedge your head that far into the sand.