Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Don't ask us, we are still figuring it out.

Topic: Trumpocalypse (Read 84784 times) previous topic - next topic

Recusant, Pavlovs Dog, linus and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Re: Trumpocalypse
Reply #8475
They won't lose enough seats in the House to lose control there. Gaining in the senate is all they need to pass their full agenda because the last few major votes have been one-vote affairs. They can afford to lose a republican senator who's a "no" vote so long as they pick up a few "yes" votes either by primarying Collins or McCain or by flipping a Democratic seat that won in 2012 on Obama's coattails. One more strong conservative vote and they can pass anything, now that they've eliminated the filibuster.

Reply #8476
McCain isn't up in 2018 and is probably dead by the time he is in 2022. Collins isn't up until 2020. Murkowski isn't up until 2022.

Reply #8477
So who is up in 2018?

Reply #8478
https://www.270towin.com/2018-senate-election/

A lot of Democrats in red states and a lot of Republicans in red states, meaning it's a target rich environment for R pick-ups. If the Democrats manage to hold it to 48-52, that has to be considered a "win" given how bad this map is.

The red state Democrats are polling fairly well right now, and there are a few vulnerable R seats. It'll take a massive landslide in 2018 for Dems to actually pick up a seat or two in total.

Reply #8479
State Dept revolt: Tillerson accused of violating U.S. law on child soldiers

http://reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1DL0EA

A confidential State Department "dissent" memo not previously reported said Tillerson breached the Child Soldiers Prevention Act when he decided in June to exclude Iraq, Myanmar, and Afghanistan from a U.S. list of offenders in the use of child soldiers. This was despite the department publicly acknowledging that children were being conscripted in those countries.

In a written response to the dissent memo on Sept. 1, Tillerson adviser Brian Hook acknowledged that the three countries did use child soldiers. He said, however, it was necessary to distinguish between governments "making little or no effort to correct their child soldier violations ... and those which are making sincere - if as yet incomplete - efforts."

• Faid
Reply #8480
Meanwhile, as the walls come crumbling down...

I don't know much about this LaVar character, but he gets points for his astounding success in trolling the shit out of the President of the United States.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #8481
IT WAS ME!!!!!!!

how on earth does anyone see him as some sort of strongman leader, he's the biggest fucking baby on the planet.

Reply #8482

I don't know much about this LaVar character, but he gets points for his astounding success in trolling the shit out of the President of the United States.

Trump Supporters Are Confusing LeVar Burton With LaVar Ball, And It's Painful
No, the "Star Trek" actor doesn't have sons who play basketball in L.A.

For 23 years, LeVar Burton attempted to teach the joys of reading to millions of youngsters on the PBS series "Reading Rainbow."

If only Trump supporters had paid heed to that message.

It seems that a lot of Trumpers are confusing Burton with basketball dad LaVar Ball, or just assuming all LaVars are alike.

And the response

and lol

• ksen
Reply #8483
lol @ Data zinger

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #8484

Trump Supporters Are Confusing LeVar Burton With LaVar Ball, And It's Painful
No, the "Star Trek" actor doesn't have sons who play basketball in L.A.

For 23 years, LeVar Burton attempted to teach the joys of reading to millions of youngsters on the PBS series "Reading Rainbow."

If only Trump supporters had paid heed to that message.

It seems that a lot of Trumpers are confusing Burton with basketball dad LaVar Ball, or just assuming all LaVars are alike.

And the response

and lol

lololol

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #8485
  • Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 09:05:58 PM by Doobie Keebler
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #8486
NSFW warning: Nipple

https://youtu.be/iisI8bCOcSc

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #8487
NSFW warning: Nipple

https://youtu.be/iisI8bCOcSc

That's amazing.

I know the song is from The Wall, and written by Waters, but Leonard Cohen could have written and sung it as presented here by Palmer.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #8488
Yeah, it does have a very Leonard Cohen vibe to it. I didn't realize that until you said it.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #8490
Yeah, it does have a very Leonard Cohen vibe to it. I didn't realize that until you said it.

It appears from a brief search that Palmer has done a number of Cohen songs, some with the same partner, Bischoff.

From her blog:

http://blog.amandapalmer.net/20161214/

• borealis
  • Administrator

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #8493
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

Reply #8495

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #8496
jesus christ
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #8497
bleh

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #8498
Not afraid of the PC police.

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #8499
Behold the moment in all its glory. There really is no bottom to the hole of embarrassment The Dotard is dragging this country into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15uWxBF9uK4