Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: The Internet Trust Test

Topic: The 'Missing Link' of Meteorology's Theory of Storms (Read 1600 times) previous topic - next topic

• F X
  • The one and only
Re: The 'Missing Link' of Meteorology's Theory of Storms
Reply #75
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #76
Why should I read a bunch of crackpots arguing with each other, when none if them are correct?

I can't even imagine how frustrating it must be to be so sure you are right and so completely unable to say how or why.

Its not remotely frustrating.  I don't know that I'm right, but its pretty obvious that the electro universe people are wrong, as their predictions don't match observations. So their theory can be discarded.

Just as your theory, which, if it predicts that latent heat doesn't exist, can be discarded, because that obviously does exist.
Why do I bother?

Reply #77
Its not remotely frustrating.  I don't know that I'm right, but its pretty obvious that the electro universe people are wrong, as their predictions don't match observations.
You appear to have arrived at this amazingly comprehensive dismissal with no effort at all. 
So their theory can be discarded. Just as your theory, which, if it predicts that latent heat doesn't exist, can be discarded, because that obviously does exist.
Do your methods in any way involve pixie dust?

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #78
It's a miracle!  Jim divided up a quote correctly!  :cheer:

So he is capable of learning.  But will he ever learn any physics?

Reply #79
I arrived at the conclusion by reading a few discussions of it on the internet. I'm sure you are capable of googling for them yourself.

And no, the observation that latent heat exists does not require pixie dust to explain it.
Why do I bother?

Reply #80
I arrived at the conclusion by reading a few discussions of it on the internet. I'm sure you are capable of googling for them yourself.

And no, the observation that latent heat exists does not require pixie dust to explain it.

Latent heat is a smoke screen that meteorologists employ to draw attention away from the fact that they have failed to describe the energy in storms.  Its a diversion.  It's not real science.  Kinda like CO2 caused global warming.  It's just a talking point. 

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #81
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #82
Really, because there was me thinking it was an explanation for the observation by physicists of the phenomenon whereby energy is put into a system when solids turn into liquids, and liquids turn into gases, at the same temperature.
Why do I bother?

Reply #83
Really, because there was me thinking it was an explanation for the observation by physicists of the phenomenon whereby energy is put into a system when solids turn into liquids, and liquids turn into gases, at the same temperature.

Since there is no gaseous H2O in the atmosphere there is no transition between gas and liquid occurring in the atmosphere. 

Oh, in anticipation of your response, the fact that you believe the moisture in clear moist air is in the gaseous phase and not the liquid (vapor) phase is not evidence that it is.  So, please leave you imagination out of the equation in your response.

The only phase change in the atmosphere is freezing?  Are you saying the freezing process produces latent heat?

At this juncture I would appreciate it, Dave, if you were to read this thread before you respond:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16471

James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes

Reply #84
Melting involves latent heat of fusion. You know, where you heat ice, and it turns into water at the same temperature.

We can get on to what I think water vapour in the atmosphere is at a later date. How about we address what happens when you boil water? Or indeed any other liquid. Surely your "theory" should apply to all liquids?

I'm not reading the whole thread. Link to the individual posts you think are relevant.
Why do I bother?

Reply #85
Melting involves latent heat of fusion. You know, where you heat ice, and it turns into water at the same temperature.

We can get on to what I think water vapour in the atmosphere is at a later date. How about we address what happens when you boil water? Or indeed any other liquid. Surely your "theory" should apply to all liquids?

I'm not reading the whole thread. Link to the individual posts you think are relevant.

Sorry, no time.  Thanks for this interest though.

I will be making all of my books avaialble for free on Amazon through to the end of the tornado season.  I will be sure to let the rest of you know about it.

James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes

• MSG
Reply #86
This is the trouble with trying to engage in discourse with Jim. There's no back and forward; he just posts some crap and then abuses every responder while linking to the same repeated crap. I predict you'll soon tire of it.
braying among the ruins

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #87
I will be making all of my books avaialble for free on Amazon through to the end of the tornado season.
Translation: nobody will buy his books.
Truth is out of style

Reply #88
This is the trouble with trying to engage in discourse with Jim. There's no back and forward; he just posts some crap and then abuses every responder while linking to the same repeated crap. I predict you'll soon tire of it.
Have you encountered this lunatic elsewhere then?
Why do I bother?

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #89
 :grin:
Truth is out of style

Reply #90
He turned up at MR and you sent him here didn't you?

You devious bastards :D
Why do I bother?

• MSG
Reply #91
:no: I first met him on Usenet at sci.anthropology.paleo nearly 20 years ago
braying among the ruins

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #92
Did he make grandiose claims about his expertise there too?

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #93
You betcha. :rofl:
Truth is out of style

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #94
Truth is out of style

Reply #95

Do I want to know what insanity he was spouting then? More of this "meteorologists are evil people lying about GCSE physics" or something that would make even Algis hesitate?
Why do I bother?

Reply #96

This is a troll forum. 

I treat trolls like they deserve to be treated.

Trolls don't read and they don't think.  They just throw shit around.

Reply #97

Do I want to know what insanity he was spouting then? More of this "meteorologists are evil people lying about GCSE physics" or something that would make even Algis hesitate?

You got nothing!!!

Reply #98

Do you have a point?

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #99

Apparently it was something called the "Capital Ape Hypothesis". I'm not sure of the details. It may or may not have included apes (other than H. sapiens sapiens) armed with 15" naval artillery.
Truth is out of style