Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational:  It looks a bit like skeptical 4chan.

Topic: Some heads are gonna roll  (Read 80542 times) previous topic - next topic

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Re: Some heads are gonna roll
Reply #7450
Holy shit.

Which bit do you find surprising?

Reply #7451
A walk through the ocean of most mens souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #7452
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/state-department-official-fired-over-tillerson-statement

The White House on Tuesday fired a state department official who released a statement revealing that Rex Tillerson did not speak to President Donald Trump about his firing on Tuesday morning and that he was unaware of the reasons for his ouster, according to reports from the Associated Press, NBC News and CNN.

Steve Goldstein, the undersecretary of state for public diplomacy, released the statement Tuesday morning, calling into question whether the White House gave Tillerson a heads up ahead of Trump's tweet announcing his replacement
Steve Goldstein, the undersecretary of state for public diplomacy, mentioned above, was also fired.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #7453
Holy shit.

Which bit do you find surprising?
These days? Reality in general.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• ffejrxx
Reply #7454
at the rate trump is kicking people out of the white house how long can it last before hes the only one left?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdDypyS_5zE

or is it more like 99 bottles of beer on the wall?

Reply #7455
at the rate trump is kicking people out of the white house how long can it last before hes the only one left?
or is it more like 99 bottles of beer on the wall?
More like Christie's Ten Little Whatever you're allowed to say these days.

Reply #7456
#winning   Trump took the district by 20 points, and personally campaigned for Lamb's opponent.  Republicans also out spent Lamb two to one.
Democrat Conor Lamb is the apparent winner of a House seat in Pennsylvania's Trump country by a razor-thin margin, an upset that gives Democrats a boost as they try to take control of Congress later this year.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/14/democrat-conor-lamb-is-the-apparent-winner-of-pennsylvania-special-election-in-trump-country.html
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #7457
My theory has been Trump was the centerpiece of a plot by the Dems to destroy the Repugs once and for all.

This upset seems, as sucky would phrase, to be consistent with that theory.
Are we there yet?

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #7458
My theory has been Trump was the centerpiece of a plot by the Dems to destroy the Repugs once and for all.

This upset seems, as sucky would phrase, to be consistent with that theory.

I've posted this before, but Jesse Ventura said that nearly 2 years ago.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/longtime-pal-jesse-ventura-thinks-donald-trump-was-sent-to-destroy-the-gop-from-within/

Ventura makes the claim that Buchanan was a spy sent to destroy the Reform Party from the inside on behalf of the GOP.

"Well, Trump was there then. He saw it," Ventura wrote. "And I believe he's doing the same thing to the Republicans that they did to us."

Reply #7459
McCabe is out. Fired within days of retiring.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43439066

Statement from  McCabe

I have been an FBI Special Agent for over 21 years. I spent half of that time investigating Russian Organized Crime as a street agent and Supervisor in New York City. I have spent the second half of my career focusing on national security issues and protecting this country from terrorism. I served in some of the most challenging, demanding investigative and leadership roles in the FBI. And I was privileged to serve as Deputy Director during a particularly tough time.

For the last year and a half, my family and I have been the targets of an unrelenting assault on our reputation and my service to this country. Articles too numerous to count have leveled every sort of false, defamatory and degrading allegation against us. The President's tweets have amplified and exacerbated it all. He called for my firing. He called for me to be stripped of my pension after more than 20 years of service. And all along we have said nothing, never wanting to distract from the mission of the FBI by addressing the lies told and repeated about us.

No more.

The investigation by the Justice Department's Office of Inspector General (OIG) has to be understood in the context of the attacks on my credibility. The investigation flows from my attempt to explain the FBI's involvement and my supervision of investigations involving Hillary Clinton. I was being portrayed in the media over and over as a political partisan, accused of closing down investigations under political pressure. The FBI was portrayed as caving under that pressure, and making decisions for political rather than law enforcement purposes. Nothing was further from the truth. In fact, this entire investigation stems from my efforts, fully authorized under FBI rules, to set the record straight on behalf of the Bureau, and to make clear that we were continuing an investigation that people in DOJ opposed.

The OIG investigation has focused on information I chose to share with a reporter through my public affairs officer and a legal counselor. As Deputy Director, I was one of only a few people who had the authority to do that. It was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the Director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter. It was the type of exchange with the media that the Deputy Director oversees several times per week. In fact, it was the same type of work that I continued to do under Director Wray, at his request. The investigation subsequently focused on who I talked to, when I talked to them, and so forth. During these inquiries, I answered questions truthfully and as accurately as I could amidst the chaos that surrounded me. And when I thought my answers were misunderstood, I contacted investigators to correct them.

But looking at that in isolation completely misses the big picture. The big picture is a tale of what can happen when law enforcement is politicized, public servants are attacked, and people who are supposed to cherish and protect our institutions become instruments for damaging those institutions and people.

Here is the reality: I am being singled out and treated this way because of the role I played, the actions I took, and the events I witnessed in the aftermath of the firing of James Comey. The release of this report was accelerated only after my testimony to the House Intelligence Committee revealed that I would corroborate former Director Comey's accounts of his discussions with the President. The OIG's focus on me and this report became a part of an unprecedented effort by the Administration, driven by the President himself, to remove me from my position, destroy my reputation, and possibly strip me of a pension that I worked 21 years to earn. The accelerated release of the report, and the punitive actions taken in response, make sense only when viewed through this lens. Thursday's comments from the White House are just the latest example of this.

This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to tain the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally. It is part of this Administration's ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel's work.

I have always prided myself on serving my country with distinction and integrity, and I always encouraged those around me to do the same. Just ask them. To have my career end in this way, and to be accused of lacking candor when at worst I was distracted in the midst of chaotic events, is incredibly disappointing and unfair. But it will not erase the important work I was privileged to be a part of, the results of which will in the end be revealed for the country to see.

I have unfailing faith in the men and women of the FBI and I am confident that their efforts to seek justice will not be deterred.

• Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:13:30 PM by entropy
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

Reply #7460
In before "Deep State."   Go fuck yourself, David.

• RickB
Reply #7461

Well remember that Dave needs to prostitute his adopted daughter to solidify his political base.  That being the most important thing , just like Trump.

Reply #7462

Well remember that Dave needs to prostitute his adopted daughter to solidify his political base.  That being the most important thing , just like Trump.
Whoa.   Keep family out of it.  
  • Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:35:45 PM by entropy

Reply #7463
In before "Deep State."  Go fuck yourself, David.

Jesus Christ what a twisted mind.  Can't read a simple sentence.  Comes up with this twisted shit.  Geez.

Reply #7464

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #7465
Dave, you really haven't a clue what this means, do you?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #7467
Lol, Dave!

Reply #7468
Dave, you really haven't a clue what this means, do you?

I think it means heads are starting to roll and this is just the beginning. Strzok and Lisa Page can't be far behind and after they go, Comey should be indicted.

What do you think it means?

"When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." (Jonathan Swift)

Reply #7469

What the fuck is wrong with you?
"When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." (Jonathan Swift)

Reply #7470
Lots more heads are going to roll and it will all be timed for maximum political effect in view of the midterm election.  I think Mueller will go away soon and a second Special Counsel will be appointed and people will go to jail, possibly even Hillary and Obama, but not until next year or the year after.  Trump seems to be doing exactly what he promised in his campaign.  Of course, Trump could get assassinated, but I doubt it.  It seems quite likely to me that Trump WILL succeed in his vision of MAGA.

Do I agree with Trump's vision?  Not really but it's better than Hillary's in my opinion.

Reply #7471

What the fuck is wrong with you?
Seriously twisted mind.

• Faid
Reply #7472
Lots more heads are going to roll and it will all be timed for maximum political effect in view of the midterm election.  I think Mueller will go away soon and a second Special Counsel will be appointed and people will go to jail, possibly even Hillary and Obama, but not until next year or the year after.  Trump seems to be doing exactly what he promised in his campaign.  Of course, Trump could get assassinated, but I doubt it.  It seems quite likely to me that Trump WILL succeed in his vision of MAGA.

Do I agree with Trump's vision?  Not really but it's better than Hillary's in my opinion.
Lots "more" heads? McCabe didn't go to jail, so no head roll according to you. Unless you've changed your mind again, in which case the head count for Team Trump is waaaay up there.

But tell me dave: Why do you think McCabe was fired? I don't want a link to Session's crap- Remember that Comey was supposedly fired for being unfair to Clinton ffs. What do YOU think the reason for firing him was?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
Reply #7473
I'd love to learn about "Hillary's vision" as well. But I know you're not going to offer any specific answer other than variations of "she's literally Stalin", so...

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #7474
Backpedalling from your earlier enthusiasm?  :backpedal:
Quote from: Dave Hawkins link=msg=60059 date=1485891691
  If you talk to my friends they will tell you that I had pretty much lost hope in presidential elections in America. But thanks to Donald Trump I'm actually excited about the presidency again.   We needed a president who could go up there and charge the hill and kick some serious hiney and that's exactly what we got.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins