Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Fuzzy doesn't feel ignored any more

Topic: Some heads are gonna roll  (Read 81042 times) previous topic - next topic

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Re: Some heads are gonna roll
Reply #5525
Interesting article.

The sheer amount of verifiable fact in it is astounding.

In that there basically isn't any. It's almost 100 percent raw assertion.
This is why I generally don't waste time following Hawkins links to his various RWNJ websites.
I figure if there's anything to any of it, it will become news soon enough in the real world.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #5526
What is the most horrifying thing that you see the Republican Party doing right now?
Well as long as the theme is ignoring questions by posing more...
I'll think about answering this one if and when you articulate how HRC is like Stalin.
Because you have given that alleged similarity MANY TIMES when asked why you voted for Trump.
See if you can come up with a reason less moronic than a perceived similarity in the way they comb their hair.
lol. the same way antifa is like fascists.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #5527
What is the most horrifying thing that you see the Republican Party doing right now?

Apparently just having Trump in the WH is absolutely horrifying to some people.

I was not a fan of his before and still a skeptic now, but he just might turn out to be a good president if given half a chance.
he has already turned out to be a bad president.

Reply #5528
I was skeptical of Donald Trump at first too but more and more I am starting to believe that he may go down as one of our greatest presidents.
you are such a liar..

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #5529
... if you have any desire to remain in touch with reality. It's not good for you. Really.
... he says to the guy who thinks the universe is 6000 years old, there was a talking snake, a Global Flud, and that all the scientists on earth are involved in a massive international multi-century conspiracy to hide all these "facts" from the public.

That horse left the barn a long time ago.
I'm pretty sure he's not coming back.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #5530
Interesting article.

This is why I generally don't waste time following Hawkins links to his various RWNJ websites.
I figure if there's anything to any of it, it will become news soon enough in the real world.
Very little of it actually does. The possible exception to that recently is the "release the memo" bullshit that has been amplified by the Russian twitterbots that Dave refuses to acknowledge. Nunes' hallucinatory excrement aside, virtually nothing transitions into the mainstream and these conspiracy theories just roll around in the RWNJ echo chamber like Pizzagate did.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• Pingu
Reply #5531
Interesting article.

Very little of it actually does. The possible exception to that recently is the "release the memo" bullshit that has been amplified by the Russian twitterbots that Dave refuses to acknowledge. Nunes' hallucinatory excrement aside, virtually nothing transitions into the mainstream and these conspiracy theories just roll around in the RWNJ echo chamber like Pizzagate did.

Until someone tries to murder a bunch of people because of it.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• JonF
Reply #5532
The Strzok anti-Trump text message to FBI lawyer Lisa Page about "no way" Trump gets elected and having an "insurance policy" to see that he doesn't, certainly needs some explaining.
::)

There was no " 'insurance policy' to see that he doesn't "

That was invented by conspiracy theorists.

Bullshit. The insurance policy was clearly mentioned in Strzok's text message. Whether it actually existed or not, it wasn't invented by conspiracy theorists.
Yes it was mentioned.
But there's nothing in the memo that says it had anything to do with preventing Trump's election.

Quote from: Stzrok
I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy's office -- that there's no way he gets elected -- but I'm afraid we can't take that risk. It's like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you're 40.

You are a big fan of CONTEXT, except of course when that context works against what you want to believe.

Excuse me?

What context are you talking about?
I quoted the whole thing:
Here's Strzok's full text, which was released along with many others last week:
I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy's office -- that there's no way he gets elected -- but I'm afraid we can't take that risk. It's like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you're 40.
WaPo article

Sure, you Quoted the whole thing but you totally ignored the context in which the insurance policy was mentioned.

The context is crystal clear - no way he gets elected -- but I'm afraid we can't take that risk.

They cannot take the risk he gets elected, so they need an insurance policy against that happening.

Keep pretending you cannot understand that Mr. context man.

Think flu shot. That is an insurance policy to prevent something from happening.

Do you understand it now?

Better than you.
Think unspecified preparation for the possible future. An insurance policy is part of the analogy, not specified as part of the real situation.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #5533
... if you have any desire to remain in touch with reality. It's not good for you. Really.
... he says to the guy who thinks the universe is 6000 years old, there was a talking snake, a Global Flud, and that all the scientists on earth are involved in a massive international multi-century conspiracy to hide all these "facts" from the public.

That horse left the barn a long time ago.
I'm pretty sure he's not coming back.
The horse died and has been converted to dog food and glue and the barn burned down shortly after the owner of the horse and barn died in prison after being arrested and convicted for rather disturbing crimes.
Are we there yet?

• JonF
Reply #5534
Sabotaging the ACA. It's very popular and working fairly well. There is significant room for improvement, and in many cases there is an easy fix borne of what we've learned over the past few years. But it requires Republicans wanting to fix it.

Since it does not benefit the rich or corporations (other than the health care industry, which R's don't like because they know the ACA is working and they like it), the R''s hate it, and they have built a very successful straw version of it and sold killing it to the rubes.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• JonF
Reply #5535
Not impeaching Trump maybe.
I don't want him impeached unless it's en masse. Trump is evil and incompetent. Pence is evil and competent. Ryan is evil and a little competent. I forget who's next.

• JonF
Reply #5536
I was skeptical of Donald Trump at first too but more and more I am starting to believe that he may go down as one of our greatest presidents.
You had your nose way up his ass from the start. You seem to be acknowledging some flaws recently.

• uncool
Reply #5537
I don't want him impeached unless it's en masse. Trump is evil and incompetent. Pence is evil and competent. Ryan is evil and a little competent. I forget who's next.
Senate President Pro Tem Orrin Hatch. Then the secretaries.

Reply #5538
Interesting article.

speaking of murder... Who killed Seth Rich? And who killed Andrew Breitbart?

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #5539
Get away from CTH and other bullshit RWNJ sites, Dave. I'm serious, they aren't doing you any favors.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

Reply #5540
Case in point about this shit usually not getting out of the RWNJ echo chamber: Dave's post above is the first time I can recall having heard anyone mention a conspiracy theory about Breitbart's death. A quick Google suggests it is a thing in those circles. Who knew?

Of course, on the other hand, the RWNJ conspiracy theory getting mainstream coverage is probably the only reason I've ever even heard the name Seth Rich.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #5541
:facepalm:

You're actually serious, aren't you?

ETA:   I forgot that your position on Pizzagate is that it's a scientifically viable hypothesis.
So n/m
  • Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 12:43:15 PM by VoxRat

• Pingu
Reply #5542
Interesting article.

And who smothered Antonin Scalia with a pillow, amirite?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #5543
That America is chock-full of 'Daves' scares the shit out of me.

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #5544
:facepalm:

You're actually serious, aren't you?

ETA:  I forgot that your position on Pizzagate is that it's a scientifically viable hypothesis.
So n/m
So Free Republic is having a collective orgasm over the memo bullshit. Here's a typical post that could come straight from Dave in his current fugue state:

To: janetjanet998
The source material 'intelligence' supporting the memo will be MORE DAMNING than the memo itself because it will clearly reveal OBAMA'S TREASONOUS WEAPONIZATION OF OUR INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES for the purpose of targeting conservatives.
Why would Obama weaponize the IRS but not the FBI, CIA, NSA, DHS, DOJ, etc? OF COURSE HE WEAPONIZED ALL OF THEM!

OBAMA BELONGS IN A FEDERAL PRISON.

20 posted on 1/22/2018, 11:54:32 AM by CivilWarBrewing (Get off my back for my usage of CAPS, especially you snowflake males! MAN UP!)

The sad thing is that when this all fizzles out by next week these people will have close to zero memory of it at all. No re-evaluation of the typical sources, no self reflection, just run full tilt into the next hastily manufactured outrage.

• Pingu
Reply #5545

Hard to pick one, but I think the most horrifying, in the long term, is the way that the congressional Republicans seem to be capitulating to Trump's assault on the constitution. In the first few weeks, I was impressed by how your constitutional checks and balances seemed to be working to contain what seems to be clear autocratic tendencies, and indeed assumptions, in Trump.

But the erosion of "regular order"; the sense that bipartisanship is not a goal but a deal with the devil; that obstruction (under Obama) and now manipulation of the rules (under Trump) to achieve highly partisan goals; and most of all, the assault on truth itself.  I find it mystifying that Trump can tell blatant, provable, lies, and congressional Republicans far from calling him out, rush to put lipstick on the pig.  And that is all part and parcel of the assault on your first amendment.  It's as though telling the truth is no longer even a virtue; saying what will "play with the base" is justified in the aim of some higher goal. And if that means saying that black is white and white is black, and fake news is true and true news is fake, well, whatever it takes.

That higher goal seems to have got lost.  When you sacrifice all principles for some higher principle, where is your higher principle?  Overturning Roe vs Wade?  Keeping trans people out of bathrooms?  Cutting taxes? 

They seem to have sold their souls to save their souls.

Reply #5546
Well, yes, there is that.
As for Trump being evil, application of Hanlon's Razor works for me.
Pence? Who is he really? Is he trying to fade into the background or am I not paying attention?
Ryan? Not quite stupid enough to be the jumping jack Trump is, too stupid to be something else?

Reply #5547
Interesting article.

And who smothered Antonin Scalia with a pillow, amirite?

Scalia died while collecting on a bribe.
A walk through the ocean of most mens souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

• Faid
Reply #5548
Oh ffs. You've gone the whole hog, haven't you?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• uncool
Reply #5549
Interesting article.

I wonder, Dave.

Do you see the spin in your post here?