Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: It was a analogy in the most tortured TR style

Topic: Some heads are gonna roll  (Read 80888 times) previous topic - next topic

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Re: Some heads are gonna roll
Reply #6400
Thank God you people aren't running the US government.  The scary thing is that many people like you were ... and still are. 
"you people" being...   :dunno:

People not loyal to Donald Trump?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #6401
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #6402
Thank God you people aren't running the US government.  The scary thing is that many people like you were ... and still are.  :staregonk:

Listen you stupid mother fucker, I was in the same Air Force that you claim to have been in, several years before you.

The very first thing they sat us down and taught us (as I recall, it was before we even got our uniforms) was the difference between a "Lawful order" and an "Unlawful order".

We were told in no uncertain terms that we were under NO obligation to follow an Unlawful order.

There is no place in government where your loyalty to an individual supersedes that of following the law, and that includes telling the appropriate law enforcement organization or security agency when you become aware of illegal activities. Even if it's Donald Fucking Trump.
A walk through the ocean of most mens souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

• uncool
Reply #6403
Dave, in your opinion, is it possible for anyone who is unbiased to investigate Trump?
Or to put it another way, if anyone investigates Trump, and finds cause for impeachment, are they biased?

Because this thread so far shows you clutching at some non-existant straws, hoping for anything that gets your dear leader off the hook.
Everyone is biased to some extent. The founders knew this and that's why they put procedures in place to hopefully minimize the effect of bias. The impeachment process is one such system designed to investigate wrongdoing but minimize bias. If Trump is guilty of impeachable offenses, then that will come out.
How the hell do you think it will come out? By investigation, by warrants, by using information that comes inherently from untrustworthy people - and checking it. Which seems, so far, to be what Mueller's investigation is doing.
Also if the special counsel and his team are corrupt, then that will also come out.
Yes, it will - the only question is whether you will realize it when it does.

Reply #6404
To whom - or to what - do you suppose DOJ officials swear an oath in order to take office?
Hint:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Based on this logic, when I was a captain in the Air Force I could say that I did not work for my commander because my allegiance was to the Constitution

Lol
A while back you expressed an interest in Nazi thinking patterns. This one was called Befehl ist Befehl.

• Pingu
Reply #6405
Thank God you people aren't running the US government.  The scary thing is that many people like you were ... and still are.  :staregonk:

Scary if people who refuse to hold the president above the law were running the US government?

Sorry, Dave, I'm way more scared that it's being run by people who don't.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #6406
To whom - or to what - do you suppose DOJ officials swear an oath in order to take office?
Hint:
Based on this logic, when I was a captain in the Air Force I could say that I did not work for my commander because my allegiance was to the Constitution

Lol
A while back you expressed an interest in Nazi thinking patterns. This one was called Befehl ist Befehl.

:( Probably Dave 'may have heard about' that, too, but 'doesn't know much about it'.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #6407
It's striking how asymmetric Hawkins's attitude toward legitimate presidential authority is, depending on whether it's President Obama or President Trump.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #6408
If Trump is guilty of impeachable offenses, then that will come out.
No matter what Trump may be guilty of, if it "comes out", you and your puppetmasters will dismiss it as "fake news".

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #6409
Dave has black friends in the Hood, man, it can't be that.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #6410
Republican lawmakers distance themselves from Trump on memo

Republican members of the House Intelligence Committee dissented Sunday from President Trump's view that corruption has poisoned the special counsel's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

In a sign of a growing rift within the House GOP, four members of the panel dismissed the idea pushed by Trump and other Republicans that a controversial memo criticizing how the FBI handled elements of its Russia probe undermines the investigation led by Robert S. Mueller III into possible coordination between Trump associates and the Kremlin.

Uh oh!
Treason!
In the Republican ranks!  :stopper:

• uncool
Reply #6411
Dave, one reason you're getting such pushback on the "biting the hand that feeds you" remark is that it is wildly wrong. It's not even close to a good reason for the DoJ to not investigate the president. It doesn't explain why bias should be relevant, opens the door to presidential corruption, and doesn't even point out the person who would be wronged.

The reason you are looking for isn't ungratefuless. The reason you are looking for is unaccountability. That the system designed for the DoJ to be accountable to the president (and, more indirectly, Congress and the courts). And so, if the DoJ can affect the president, it might be able to subvert that accountability - and indirectly, its accountability to the people of the United States, who would be wronged by this.

That argument has many flaws. In order to use it, you would need to connect it to facts about what the DoJ did. But it's a hell of a lot better than "biting the hand that feeds you".
  • Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 01:15:11 PM by uncool

• JonF
Reply #6412
Transcript: Rep. Trey Gowdy on "Face the Nation," Feb. 4, 2018:

REP. GOWDY: I actually don't think it has any impact on the Russia probe for this reason --

MARGARET BRENNAN: The memo has no impact on the Russia probe?

REP. GOWDY: No-- not to me, it doesn't -- and I was pretty integrally involved in the drafting of it. There is a Russia investigation without a dossier. So to the extent the memo deals with the dossier and the FISA process, the dossier has nothing to do with the meeting at Trump Tower. The dossier has nothing to do with an email sent by Cambridge Analytica. The dossier really has nothing to do with George Papadopoulos' meeting in Great Britain. It also doesn't have anything to do with obstruction of justice. So there's going to be a Russia probe, even without a dossier.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #6413
Hint:

Lol

:( Probably Dave 'may have heard about' that, too, but 'doesn't know much about it'.
But it will become clearer to him that it looks like a good idea.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #6414
Here is the procedure for impeaching a president. Does anyone see any mention of the DOJ or the FBI? Hmm? Thought not.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #6415
Dave, if you want to respect yourself later in life, try reading what people are saying without frantically looking for rebuttals every single second. You're failing to understand and looking like Befehl ist Befehl is your own goddamn motto.

Reply #6416
Please explain why you think we need some extra-constitutional system for removing a president.

EDIT: if you want to respect yourself later in life, get a clue about the US Constitution.
  • Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 04:53:54 PM by Dave Hawkins

Reply #6417
Well, I suppose Dave hase earned the title "PolySuck", for sucking at politics, honesty, and as usual, science.  
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Sun Jan 14 2018 19:59:03 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
you suck at truth detection. (And spelling)

Reply #6418

Please explain why you think we need some extra-constitutional system for removing a president.

EDIT: if you want to respect yourself later in life, get a clue about the US Constitution.
Dave, please explain who is supposed to investigate charges of collusion?
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Sun Jan 14 2018 19:59:03 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
you suck at truth detection. (And spelling)

Reply #6419

Dave, please explain who is supposed to investigate charges of collusion?
Congress

Reply #6420
Guess who colluded with Russians.

Hillary.

The Steele Dossier was written by Russians.

You realize that don't you?

Reply #6421
Put another way ...

The DNC paid Russians via Fusion GPS to LIE about Donald Trump with the hope of swaying the election their way.

Collusion.

Criminal.

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #6422
Hahaha.

Excuse me. I think you mean it was written by lizard people.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• Fenrir
Reply #6423
Guess who colluded with Russians.

Hillary.

The Steele Dossier was written by Russians.

You realize that don't you?

Handy hint: do not stand in full sun while wearing tin-foil hat. Your brain will cook.

^^^^^^^^ Exhibit A
It's what plants crave.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #6424
Put another way ...

The DNC paid Russians via Fusion GPS to LIE about Donald Trump with the hope of swaying the election their way.

Collusion.

Criminal.
                ::)

What color is the sky on your planet?