Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Stop posting

Topic: Some heads are gonna roll  (Read 81041 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Some heads are gonna roll
Reply #7125

Reply #7126
Also, ST's theory of Russian propaganda efforts got some validation today from the vice president of Facebook ads which I found out about because of Trump's tweet on that topic.

• Pingu
Reply #7127
Dave: why do you think Trump still isn't condemning Russian interference in the election?
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #7128
Also, ST's theory of Russian propaganda efforts got some validation today from the vice president of Facebook ads which I found out about because of Trump's tweet on that topic.
Another pointless, meaningless post.

Who the fuck is "ST"?
What the fuck is "ST's theory"?
What the fuck is "some validation"?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #7129
Lol

The left-wing conspiracy theory that the Trump campaign "colluded" with Russian officials ahead of the 2016 presidential campaign continued to crash and burn Friday, with Robert Mueller's indictment showing the foreign nationals began meddling in US politics one year before Donald Trump announced his run for office.

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/collusion-collapse-mueller-says-russian-meddling-began-before-trumps-candidacy/amp/

Almost exactly a year after the above tweet: "Woman Who Helped Organize Miss Universe in 2013 Announced Trump's Presidential Run in January, 2015"

Go ahead and put your high-speed mind to work on the possible implications.
On a side note: I talk with many people from Russia and other former USSR countries at work. They often can't speak Greek and I don't speak Russian, so we discuss in English.

I've NEVER heard anyone do the pseudo-stereotypical "no articles" accent. It just doesn't occur.

Why the hell is that woman tweeting that way?

My Russian friends are fluent in English, but frequently leave out their definite articles. When they get excited, which is often, it's almost as if they're parodying themselves

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #7130
My Russian friends are fluent in English, but frequently leave out their definite articles. When they get excited, which is often, it's almost as if they're parodying themselves
definite and indefinite.

I have to confess, I've always found Russian accents a little amusing.
Maybe it's childhood memories of Boris and Natasha.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• JonF
Reply #7131
Lawsuit Filed Against Chuck C. Johnson, Jim Hoft, Paul Nehlen, Gavin McInnes and Others for Falsely Linking Michigan Men to Charlottesville Attack

After last year's white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, at which counter-protester Heather Heyer was murdered when one of the racists deliberately drove a car into a crowd, we reported that a slew of right wing sites immediately and recklessly rushed out articles identifying the wrong person as the perpetrator of the attack.

These irresponsible bloggers included our old pal Chuck C. Johnson (who is NOT ME, and is not really my "pal") and Jim Hoft (the fabled Stupidest Man on the Internet). And from those two sites the fake story quickly spread throughout the right wing noise network.

Both of these far right bloggers soon deleted their posts, but of course they know very well that once they put this malicious nonsense out on the Internet, the right wing mob will take it and run with it, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop or debunk it from that point; it becomes an article of faith and takes on a life of its own.

And this week, they filed a lawsuit against an entire group of these people, including Chuck C. Johnson, Jim Hoft, Gavin McInnes and Paul Ryan's white nationalist primary challenger Paul Nehlen, seeking damages for defamation, invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #7132
Lawsuit Filed Against Chuck C. Johnson, Jim Hoft, Paul Nehlen, Gavin McInnes and Others for Falsely Linking Michigan Men to Charlottesville Attack

After last year's white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, at which counter-protester Heather Heyer was murdered when one of the racists deliberately drove a car into a crowd, we reported that a slew of right wing sites immediately and recklessly rushed out articles identifying the wrong person as the perpetrator of the attack.

These irresponsible bloggers included our old pal Chuck C. Johnson (who is NOT ME, and is not really my "pal") and Jim Hoft (the fabled Stupidest Man on the Internet). And from those two sites the fake story quickly spread throughout the right wing noise network.

Both of these far right bloggers soon deleted their posts, but of course they know very well that once they put this malicious nonsense out on the Internet, the right wing mob will take it and run with it, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop or debunk it from that point; it becomes an article of faith and takes on a life of its own.

And this week, they filed a lawsuit against an entire group of these people, including Chuck C. Johnson, Jim Hoft, Gavin McInnes and Paul Ryan's white nationalist primary challenger Paul Nehlen, seeking damages for defamation, invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Dave gets competition.

• JonF
Reply #7133
Digby is well worth reading.

Yes Houston. We have a big problem.

The best case scenario is that the president of the United States was an unwitting dupe but is so deranged and ignorant that he refuses to take action to prevent this from happening in the future and is actively covering up the scandal to assuage his fragile ego. And in the process, he's implicating himself in the scandal after the fact.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• JonF
Reply #7134

Dave gets competition.
Dave's a big fan of Hoft.

• Faid
Reply #7135
Lol

The left-wing conspiracy theory that the Trump campaign "colluded" with Russian officials ahead of the 2016 presidential campaign continued to crash and burn Friday, with Robert Mueller's indictment showing the foreign nationals began meddling in US politics one year before Donald Trump announced his run for office.

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/collusion-collapse-mueller-says-russian-meddling-began-before-trumps-candidacy/amp/

Almost exactly a year after the above tweet: "Woman Who Helped Organize Miss Universe in 2013 Announced Trump's Presidential Run in January, 2015"

Go ahead and put your high-speed mind to work on the possible implications.
On a side note: I talk with many people from Russia and other former USSR countries at work. They often can't speak Greek and I don't speak Russian, so we discuss in English.

I've NEVER heard anyone do the pseudo-stereotypical "no articles" accent. It just doesn't occur.

Why the hell is that woman tweeting that way?

I guess I'm the exception then. In my experience even the ones that don' t speak English that well never systematically leave out the articles-  I don't think I would miss it if they did. Perhaps it helps that they also have to learn some basic Greek, I dunno.
  • Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:50:34 PM by Faid
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• uncool
Reply #7136
If the stuff they say ends up being true then I'll know they are good sites. If the stuff they say ends up being false, then I will know they are bad sites. Not rocket science here.
So Dave, what are your thoughts on GatewayPundit?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #7137
Here are some of Media Matters thoughts on it:

20-Plus Times Jim Hoft And The Gateway Pundit Were Absurdly Wrong

Reply #7138
I guess I'm the exception then. In my experience even the ones that don' t speak English that well never systematically leave out the articles

I often translate manuals etc. that are written in "Japanese English". Even from extremely well-known brands, the article use may be erratic, especially when it's obvious that the text was prepared hurriedly. Had the use/non-use been systematic, the number of ambiguities would be lower, but sometimes you wonder if an article omission is an error or is meant to carry information.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #7139
I guess I'm the exception then. In my experience even the ones that don' t speak English that well never systematically leave out the articles

I often translate manuals etc. that are written in "Japanese English". Even from extremely well-known brands, the article use may be erratic, especially when it's obvious that the text was prepared hurriedly. Had the use/non-use been systematic, the number of ambiguities would be lower, but sometimes you wonder if an article omission is an error or is meant to carry information.
Ah, the old "conspicuous by it's absence" trick.
Are we there yet?

Reply #7140
The latest from my buddy Sundance ...
Too Funny: Special Prosecutor Mueller Patched Together Much of His 'Muh Russia' Indictment from Old News Articles...

Posted on February 18, 2018   by sundance

A large number of people who read the Mueller 13-person Russian Indictment released on Friday noted a transparent lack of actual substance.  Today the absence of substance turns toward the hilarious.

Much like the heavily touted sketchy 2017 Joint Analysis Report (the infamous "14 U.S. intelligence agencies report") was really only three political intel agencies, FBI (Comey), CIA (Brennan) and ODNI (Clapper), Friday's Russian indictment had a lot of pages and citations but in the aggregate was an assembly of nothing-burger reporting of various insignificant social media events.

Today the absurdity of the report becomes even more laughable.  As Gateway Pundit reports almost everything in the Mueller indictment was previously outlined in a Radio Free Europe report from 2015.   If that wasn't funny enough, even the Washington Post finds the majority of the indictment was published last October in a Russian Business Magazine (RBC) article.

(WaPo) A 37-page indictment issued by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III's team on Friday brings fresh American attention to one of the strangest elements of alleged Russian interference in the 2016 election: The Internet Research Agency (IRA), a state-sponsored "troll factory" in St. Petersburg.

But much of the information Mueller published on Friday about the agency's efforts to influence the election had already been published last October -- in an article by a Russian business magazine, RBC.

In a 4,500-word report titled "How the 'troll factory' worked the U.S. elections," journalists Polina Rusyaeva and Andrey Zakharov offered the fullest picture yet of how the "American department" of the IRA used Facebook, Twitter and other tactics to inflame tensions ahead of the 2016 vote. The article also looked at the staffing structure of the organization and revealed details about its budget and salaries.  (read more)

So what exactly is going on here?  Is this entire narrative really just creating the illusion of something, anything, simply because something began... continued... and was really nothing.

Well, essentially, YES.

The reality of the weak-sauce structure of the indictment reflects the abject absurdity of the two-year-long enterprise known as the vast Muh-Russia' investigation.  Essentially, a joint collaborative effort between the political intelligence community and their codependent media narrative engineers to manufacture a false premise.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/02/18/too-funny-special-prosecutor-mueller-patched-together-much-of-his-muh-russia-indictment-from-old-news-articles/#more-146019

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #7141
::)

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

Former Trump aide Richard Gates to plead guilty; agrees to testify against Manafort

rollin'  rollin'   rollin' .... 

Reply #7142
Your buddy Sundance looks pretty desperate. He wrote a whole piece to try to downplay an actual criminal indictment against Russians. Have you asked yourself why?

Reply #7143
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/the-21st-century-russian-sleeper-agent-is-a-troll-with-an-american-accent/2018/02/17/d024ead2-1404-11e8-8ea1-c1d91fcec3fe_story.html?utm_term=.1ef1100cb29a
Not long after Marat Mindiyarov started working at the Internet Research Agency, the Russian troll factory indicted by the U.S. Justice Department on Friday, he began hearing about the coveted "Facebook Department." There, workers could earn more money and work alongside a younger, hipper crowd. But to gain entry, job candidates had to prove they could seamlessly insinuate themselves into the American political conversation.
Mindiyarov remained stuck with the less-glamorous job of commenting on articles posted to Russian websites and quit three months later from a job he compared to something from "1984," the dystopian novel by George Orwell.

"Your first feeling, when you ended up there, was that you were in some kind of factory that turned lying, telling untruths, into an industrial assembly line," Mindiyarov said.
The secretive, multimillion-
dollar disinformation campaign, which U.S. officials said was called the "Translator Project," sought to undermine Clinton, bolster Donald Trump and turn Americans against each other -- all from the remove of thousands of miles away, in an office building in St. Petersburg.

Allegedly leading this effort was Russian catering magnate Yevgeny Prigozhin, often called "Putin's chef" because of his close ties to President Vladimir Putin.
The tentacles of the "Translator Project" reached deeply into American political life as at least 80 employees of the Internet Research Agency worked with unwitting Trump supporters to organize rallies, stoke concerns about Clinton's honesty and health and suppress the turnout of key voting blocs, including African Americans, according to the indictment by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III.

The campaign unfolded in a way that largely evaded public notice at the time, as Russians used American social media platforms, American payment systems and stolen American identities, birth dates and Social Security numbers to infiltrate American debate at its most unpredictable and intense.

The Russians involved in the campaign executed it with almost perfect pitch -- learning to mimic the way Americans talk online about politics so well that real Americans with whom they interacted found them in no way suspicious.

Such deception did not happen by accident. Russian trolls worked hard to sound like Americans and camouflage their political messages in other content.
Mindiyarov, the teacher, said he was paid about $700 a month to work a 12-hour shift, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. -- two days on, two days off. His job was to write comments to append to Russian-language news items, toiling in a room with 20 computers and the window blinds closed, and required to hit post quotas.

Sometimes, he said, he and his colleagues would engage in a group troll in which they would pretend to hold different views of the same subject and argue about it in public online comments. Eventually, one of the group would declare he had been convinced by the others. "Those are the kinds of plays we had to act out," he said.
But by late August, they were concentrating on the crucial swing state of Florida. That month, the Russians allegedly used the impostor Facebook group "Being Patriotic" to get Americans to organize a wave of pro-Trump rallies in the state. The events drew light crowds, but thousands of others learned of the effort online, giving the illusion of a groundswell of volunteer support for Trump all over Florida.
For someone like you, Dave, who is all about 100% TRUTH, this should be pretty disgusting. You should be incredibly outraged by such an organized, purposeful campaign of inserting such lies and deceptions into the American political system on the part of these Russians, right?

Reply #7144
You'd be screaming bloody murder if they had done it to help Hillary, I can tell you that much.

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #7145
....is yet more of the same hyper partisan bullshit (surprise surprise).

Does it ever cross your mind that being on the same side as Russian troll factories might not be the best thing for your country?

"Unwitting" might be the term you cling onto, but bear in mind that once the facts are pointed out, you can no longer plea stupidity and ignorance. It crosses the line into malicious intent to harm, some might even call it treasonous.

ETA: You have ceased to be just an 'unwitting' tool of the enemy, Dave. You have become the enemy.
  • Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:00:44 AM by fredbear
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #7146
[snip gobbledygook]
Dave, can you give us a meaningful summary of what "your buddy Sundance" is even trying to argue for here? What, specifically, his reasoning is? Not "It's all a Nothingburger", "Muh Russia" and other content-free slogans: Explain the actual ARGUMENT that is supposedly being made there. Thx.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
Reply #7147
Also, what Ben said.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #7148
[snip gobbledygook]
Dave, can you give us a meaningful summary of what "your buddy Sundance" is even trying to argue for here? What, specifically, his reasoning is? Not "It's all a Nothingburger", "Muh Russia" and other content-free slogans: Explain the actual ARGUMENT that is supposedly being made there. Thx.
He has no idea.
He's just doing his bit as a node in the troll network:
C&P-ing the word from St. Petersburg, and pushing 'send'.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #7149
You have ceased to be just an 'unwitting' tool of the enemy, Dave. You have become the enemy.

:sadyes: