Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• I think that PM uses almost any topic with the intent to shock other people and that he holds pretty much no beliefs of his own. I am pretty sure that PM is the walking embodiment of schadenfreude and lacks anything resembling the conceptualization of a soul. He is not worth even trying to shock, because he is incapable of so human an emotion. But thats just my opinion.

Topic: Some heads are gonna roll  (Read 61655 times) previous topic - next topic

• uncool
Re: Some heads are gonna roll
Reply #7350
From this memo:
In an extensive explanation to the Court, DOJ discloses that ..."The FBI speculates that the identified U.S. Person was likely looking for information that could be used to discredit Candidate #1's [Trump's] campaign"

Lovely. Nunes is a master at deceitful phrasing. From his memo:
Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the renewals, disclose or reference the role of the DNC, Clinton's campaign, or any party/campaign in funding Steele's efforts, even though the political origins of the Steele dossier were known to senior DOJ and FBI officials.

yeah.  Because if they'd actually said what Nunews said they didn't say, it would be unlawfully referencing US citizens, right? 
The memo doesn't say unlawful; it specifically says "DOJ upheld its longstanding practice of protecting U.S. citizen information by purposefully not "unmasking" U.S. person and entity names, unless they were themselves the subject of a counterintelligence investigation". That word choice makes me think they legally could have, but chose not to.

• uncool
Reply #7351
So Dave,

Still looking for that "100% truth"?

Reply #7352
So Dave,

Still looking for that "100% truth"?
Lol.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #7353
Nah, he's looking for one of these:

• uncool
Reply #7354
Of course Obama abused his power in several ways. So did Bush, so did Clinton, so will (and has) Trump.

That's not the same as "He specifically spied on his enemies, overriding a system of checks explicitly designed to prevent political interference, broke obvious laws in doing so, conscripted the entire federal apparatus to help him, and now the entire media is covering for him."

Which is what's required for your idea to make sense.
Right and there are quite a few people who believe this. So much so that there is a formal process investigating that very question.
Actually, none of them exactly abused their power except in that the exercise of political power is abuse of power. They get away with what they can get away with without running afoul of the checks and balances of the rest of the gov't. All the presidents since Johnson have expanded presidential powers but they've all done it roughly legally (which really only means compliant with legal procedural processes for establishing the procedures organizing their own administration when you are talking about the presidency since presidents can't really break the law the same way everyone else can). At the leadership level, the checks and balances need to be employed to work. Also, to some extent there is a use it or lose it quality to many of those checks and balances.

Anyway, the fact that there is a formal process should alleviate your fears somewhat. However, the fact that the sitting president is trying to blocvk that formal process seems like it would give you some pause. I get that it won't though.
How the heck is he blocking it? Mueller is doing his thing... the indictment today proves there was not Trump Russia collusion.

no it doesn't. And he is blocking it by firing Comey, trying to fire Sessions for recusing himself. Attacking the legitimacy of the institution itself with ikyabwai charges against the FBI/whover he sees on fox and friends for whatever they say. Collusion? It was Hillary that colluded. A massive uptick in actually fake news was spread through the right wing echo chamber during the campaign? Those made up articles aren't fake news! Actual media establishment news organizations are fake news. I might go to jail? What about Hillary? SHE should go to jail.

FFS. Why am I typing all these words that you can't see?

eta: ninja'd of course.
Happened to be reading some slightly old posts and this caught my eye.

Yup, absolutely invisible to him.

• Pingu
Reply #7355
Here you are, Dave, I've found the counter-view for you:

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/democrat_memo_charge_and_response.pdf
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• Zombies!
  • We're in the pipe, five by five.
Reply #7356
It's odd, it seems that the men of the religious right claim to be a moral majority, at least until their dicks get hard, then it's ANYTHING GOES!!!!111
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/woman-at-center-of-greitens-story-asks-for-privacy-greitens/article_d0886631-12da-5518-922f-2f115a7f3a64.htmlSpoiler (click to show/hide)
UPDATE: DEMOCRAT HEAD ROLLING.
Just kidding, another Republican had a boner and went nuts.
Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens digs in after felony indictment stemming from an affair
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/02/22/missouri-gov-eric-greitens-indicted-on-felony-invasion-of-privacy-charge-stemming-from-affair/?utm_term=.28b5573da865

Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens, who was once considered a rising star in the Republican Party, has been under siege since January, when accusations emerged that he threatened to use a nude photo to blackmail his former hairstylist, with whom he was having an extramarital affair.
On Thursday, the crisis came to a head, when Greitens was indicted by a grand jury on a felony invasion of privacy charge and booked in a St. Louis jail.
But after Greitens was released -- on his own recognizance, according to court records -- the freshman governor, who has previously said he will not resign, appeared to dig in, writing on Facebook that he would fight the charges and remain in office.
"This will not for a moment deter me from doing the important work of the great people of Missouri," he wrote.

• Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:53:37 PM by Zombies!
Dave Hawkins on 11-23-2015, The  poor boy is easily triggered: 
Also it doesn't help that you are a woman ... I've had some bad experiences with super controlling manipulative women in my life and I now react really strongly to that.

• Faid
Reply #7357
Oh, dave has some good jokes about that story. Real zingers.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #7358
Gates pleads guilty...
https://www.vox.com/2018/2/23/17045226/robert-mueller-flip-rick-gates-russia
But I'm sure your buddy Sundance will tell you how that's great news for Trump and Hillary is going to jail any second now, eh Dave?
manafort and gates are such old news. Come on.
LOL. Wow. Are you really that out of touch? Has your buddy Sundance not told you anything about the new charges or Gates' plea deal? Or has he lied to you and told you it's "old news"? I guess it's at least good that he didn't tell you it's "fake news."

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #7359
Gates pleads guilty...
https://www.vox.com/2018/2/23/17045226/robert-mueller-flip-rick-gates-russia
But I'm sure your buddy Sundance will tell you how that's great news for Trump and Hillary is going to jail any second now, eh Dave?
manafort and gates are such old news. Come on.
LOL. Wow. Are you really that out of touch? Has your buddy Sundance not told you anything about the new charges or Gates' plea deal? Or has he lied to you and told you it's "old news"? I guess it's at least good that he didn't tell you it's "fake news."
Such old news that this guy seems to think it's "not substantial":

Russia investigation: Rick Gates' testimony could be 'the end' of the Trump Presidency, says Watergate lawyer

"Increasingly it appears Manafort is the link to Russian collusion," Mr Dean tweeted.
"If Gates can testify that Manafort was acting with Trump's blessings, it's the end of his presidency. That's substantial."

No wait. That IS substantial. But it's old news, how could it be "substantial"? Dave?
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #7360
Response from Dave's buddy Sundance:

Posted on February 26, 2018   by sundance
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

Not much to go on there, Dave. Maybe you have another source to explain how this is somehow all part of Trump's 8D hyperchess winningiest strategy?
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• JonF
Reply #7361
FBI 'investigating whether Russian money went to NRA's campaign to help elect Donald Trump

Activists are demanding the National Rifle Association (NRA) reveal if it received donations from Russia, after it was reported the FBI is investigating whether a Kremlin-linked Moscow businessman channelled money to the group's campaign to help Donald Trump win the election.

With the influence of the NRA under mounting scrutiny following a school shooting in Florida and the campaign led by students to change the country's gun laws, campaigners say it is vital that investigators uncover if the powerful lobbying group group used any Russian money to help elect Republican members of Congress and Mr Trump during the 2016 race. It is against the law to use foreign money in federal election campaigns.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Zombies!
  • We're in the pipe, five by five.
Reply #7362
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-orders-parade-to-celebrate-his-hypothetical-act-of-heroism-in-florida-school?mbid=social_twitter
Satire from The Borowitz Report
Trump Orders Parade to Celebrate His Hypothetical Act of Heroism in Florida School
By Andy Borowitz
February 26, 2018

Photograph by Evan Vucci / Pool / GettyWASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)--

Shortly after he declared that he would have run into a Florida high school unarmed to thwart a mass shooting, Donald J. Trump announced that he was planning a parade in Washington, D.C., to celebrate his hypothetical act of heroism.

"Anyone can act with bravery in the moment," Trump told reporters in the White House. "But it takes a very special kind of hero to tell people about the incredibly brave thing he would have done weeks after the thing happened."
Dave,  you seem to have a weak sense of humor, to put it kindly, but please understand, this is a work of satire.    This is not news, or fake news.  This is a joke.
Dave Hawkins on 11-23-2015, The  poor boy is easily triggered: 
Also it doesn't help that you are a woman ... I've had some bad experiences with super controlling manipulative women in my life and I now react really strongly to that.

• JonF
Reply #7363
New Mueller bombshell hints that Rick Gates may have delivered the goods in Trump-Russia probe

The office of special counsel Robert Mueller has now proposed dropping charges against former Trump campaign aide Rick Gates, in what might be the strongest sign yet that Gates has given the investigation significant information related to its probe of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

As reported by Politico's Kyle Cheney, the special counsel's office has officially proposed dropping 17 separate charges against Gates from a superseding indictment that it issued last week. In his filing to dismiss the charges, Mueller writes "the government is moving to dismiss pursuant to a plea agreement," although he doesn't spell out any details of what his office is getting in exchange from Gates.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Pingu

• Sea Star
  • Not an octohatter
Reply #7365
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Today at 07:50:40 AM
Lol
Sea Star has been trolling me this whole time.

Reply #7366
Dave seems to have left this thread.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• Sea Star
  • Not an octohatter
Reply #7367
And he's making the same (lack of) progress in all the threads whether he's there or not :(
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Today at 07:50:40 AM
Lol
Sea Star has been trolling me this whole time.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #7368
Dave seems to have left this thread.
I wonder why.

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #7369
2-28-2018... someone let Dave know Hope Hicks is heading out the door.

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Reply #7370

She lasted 19.6 Scaramuccis
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

Reply #7371
She'll be sent to the Sean Spicer Mines of Kessel for sure.

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #7372

She lasted 19.6 Scaramuccis
Almost the finest discretized unit possible to measure time in the Communication Director's position.   What would the SI symbol be? Sc? But pronounced "mooches"?

Reply #7373

• Pingu
Reply #7374
And now, after but not connected to her little white lies,
https://www.npr.org/2018/02/28/589610396/hope-hicks-to-resign-as-white-house-communications-director

But possibly connected to her little white truth.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.