Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Here be giants.

Topic: Some heads are gonna roll  (Read 60029 times) previous topic - next topic

Dave Hawkins and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
  • fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Re: Some heads are gonna roll
Reply #7400
HELL FREEZES OVER: CNN Anchor Says TRUMP May Go Down as a 'GREAT PRESIDENT'
posted by Hannity Staff - 3 hours ago https://www.hannity.com/media-room/hell-freezes-over-cnn-anchor-says-trump-may-go-down-as-a-great-president/

Despite the fact that Trump has just given the North Korean leadership the legitimacy that they've been craving for 60 years, what has this to do with heads rolling?
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

Reply #7401
posted by Hannity Staff - 3 hours ago https://www.hannity.com/media-room/hell-freezes-over-cnn-anchor-says-trump-may-go-down-as-a-great-president/

Yabut CNN is fake news, right?

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #7402

Yabut CNN is fake news, right?
Trump-Kim talks: US signals hardline stance as it scrambles to define position

Looks like just more run of the mill Trump knee-jerk idiocy. I'm sure that this latest shit-storm is all part of the 8D chess hyperstrategy, though, right Dave?
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #7403

So, is this more Hawkins-esque counting the success before it occurs?  Trump's idiotic wavering positions on taxes, health care, tariffs, gun control, and international relations, combined with his utter lack of a legislative record (except for the tax bill that only increased wealth disparity by stealing from the disadvantaged to line the pockets of the rich), point to this not being successful.

Trump is a world-class idiot, who cannot put a filter on his running mouth, if he is involved in any way with the talks with North Korea, I predict it will end in one of two ways: 1. Dismal failure, 2. Trump going on record recognizing how awesome ANOTHER world dictator is. 

Dave, just like you can't count your hoped-for successes in animal-based farming going to save the world, you can't count this as a Trump success in any way yet.

In fact, it is difficult to count ANY Trump successes in his first year of office.  Dismantling environmental regulations like a drunken tycoon, and issuing executive orders do not represent lasting change, typically, let alone successes.

I really hope he testifies before the Mueller probe.  He'll sink himself on his own overblown perception of his abilities, and his misunderstandings of the law.  He can't help but say untrue things, if he thinks it will put him in a positive light.  It is a pathological character flaw with the man.

Reply #7404
Photon wins the prize for dumbest response

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #7405
Content-free sloganeering noted.

The signal-to-noise ratio is degrading, Dave. Was Wednesday a particularly lucid day in an otherwise steady cognitive decline, or might we dare hope for a bit better in the future?

• Photon
Reply #7406
I'd like to thank my family, the not_Lord Jesus, and most of all, Dave Hawkins for this honour.  Were it not for his misinformed ravings, I wouldn't be here making fun of him.

Yes, I know it was talking about potentialities, Dave, but this is something you do, and then offer those predictions as evidence of your brilliance. 

I also notice you have no response for any of the points brought up.  This is also typical of your content-free cheerleading approach to all aspects of life.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #7407

"Dismantling environmental regulations"

Do you even know the short and long term effects of the myriad of environmental regulations Trump and his toadies have eliminated? Do you even know what any of them were? Do you crow over the fact your children and grandchildren will be the ones that suffer most from those effects? Oh - and goats and cows are not immune to environmental toxins, which often end up in their milk, which is just one of the reasons Trump's corporate-enrichment agenda is about the worst idea Americans have had in quite a while.

And don't ask us for cites - you don't read them. Look this shit up yourself.

Reply #7408
Let's see what Photon has to say about this ...

President Trump's Stunningly Effective North Korea Policy Leaves Professional Diplomatic Corps Gobsmacked...

The statement tonight by South Korean National Security Adviser Chung Eui-yong is so jaw-dropping in significance it has left the professional diplomatic apparatus stunned.

A year of targeted and strategic geopolitical policy execution by President Trump, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley has resulted in North Korean leader Kim Jong-un accepting denuclearization and requesting a meeting with President Trump to achieve terms therein.

Yeah, HO-LEE-CATS is an understatement.  The possibility of a willingly denuclearized Korean peninsular is such an astounding policy victory; it is difficult to conceptualize.  Here's the statement from South Korea's Chung Eui-yong:

-- my buddy Sundance

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #7409

President Trump's Stunningly Effective North Korea Policy Leaves Professional Diplomatic Corps Gobsmacked...

The statement tonight by South Korean National Security Adviser Chung Eui-yong is so jaw-dropping in significance it has left the professional diplomatic apparatus stunned.

A year of targeted and strategic geopolitical policy execution by President Trump, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley has resulted in North Korean leader Kim Jong-un accepting denuclearization and requesting a meeting with President Trump to achieve terms therein.

Yeah, HO-LEE-CATS is an understatement.  The possibility of a willingly denuclearized Korean peninsular is such an astounding policy victory; it is difficult to conceptualize.  Here's the statement from South Korea's Chung Eui-yong:

-- my buddy Sundance
Still not much to do with heads rolling. But anyway,

A Trump 'deal' with Kim Jong-un would only help a despicable regime survive

Reply #7410
meh to both of those really. Rather than prophesy, there is only where we are at at any given time. I'll wait and see rather than pretend that strategy pundits have any real value here.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• JonF
Reply #7411
It does illustrate Trump's stupidity. Just like you he insists on disregarding the painfully acquired knowledge of centuries. You are doing that by fucking around in the woods and will never be of any consequence. Trump's juggling nukes.

We'll see what happens. I believe North Korea will not give up their nukes. They will fawn all over him, he'll come home claiming fantastic progress, nothing further will happen. Just like his previous overseas debacles. Again just like you he thinks if something he wants is possible it's already happened.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-08/trump-team-said-to-plan-250-billion-in-deals-from-china-visit
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-gets-elaborate-welcome-in-saudi-arabia-embarking-on-first-foreign-trip/2017/05/20/679f2766-3d1d-11e7-a058-ddbb23c75d82_story.html?utm_term=.129e1a24ad0b

And not a one of those "deals" has actually happened, because none of them were deals. They were declarations of the possibility of producing a letter of intent or investigating the possibility of the deal or others of that ilk.

"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #7412
Trump is clearly an idiot. I'm just saying that N. Korea is a special and quite random case.

• JonF
Reply #7413
North Korea making bomb fuel as sanctions evaded or ignored - experts

North Korea has expanded a uranium enrichment facility and restarted a plutonium reactor that could start recovering material for nuclear weapons in weeks or months, the US intelligence chief has said.

Separately, UN experts said North Korea was continuing to evade UN sanctions - using airlines, ships and the international financial system to trade in prohibited items for its nuclear and ballistic missile programs

Yeah, Kim'll take the mango-hued shitgibbon to the cleaners. Trump always falls for dictators that suck up to him. Kim's already won big points by the President negotiating with him which previous Presidents have refused to do without concessions first.

http://spectrumreport.com/white-house-appears-to-backtrack-on-trumps-historic-meeting-with-kim-jong-un/

In the daily press briefing, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that North Korea would have to verify that it is denuclearizing before the meeting takes place -- which seems to contradict the Trump administration's initial statement that Trump had already accepted the summit and would meet Kim "as soon as possible."

"Let's be clear the United States has made zero concessions," Sanders said. "This meeting won't take place without concrete actions that match the promises that have been made by North Korea."

But then the White House appeared to flip again, with an official reportedly telling the Wall Street Journal that "the invitation has been extended and accepted and that stands."
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #7414
optimistic panda is still unmoved.

• Sea Star
  • Not an octohatter
Reply #7415

Yeah, HO-LEE-CATS is an understatement.  The possibility of a willingly denuclearized Korean peninsular is such an astounding policy victory; it is difficult to conceptualize.  Here's the statement from South Korea's Chung Eui-yong:

-- my buddy Sundance
Preaching, and you're the choir.
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Today at 07:50:40 AM
Lol
Sea Star has been trolling me this whole time.

• ffejrxx
Reply #7416
can we ship trump to nk with the hopes that the hold him hostage?

• Photon
Reply #7417

-- my buddy Sundance
Hey Dave, where, exactly, did NK accept denuclearization?  You don't really have a great track record with what is real and what is raving fantasy.

• JonF
Reply #7418
Actually they only said they would discuss denuclearization. The usual morons are way overexaggerating.

Talk is cheap.

• ffejrxx
Reply #7419
i thought they said they would talk about haulting testing, thats not even close to denuke

and they just did alot of testing recently, so basically do nothing

Reply #7420
I wouldn't call it a hostage situation if nobody will want him to get out.

Kim is smart and must have learned a lesson from the fates of Mu'ammar al-Qaddhafi and Saddam Hussein. He won't give up any means of defence.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #7421

Kim is smart and must have learned a lesson from the fates of Mu'ammar al-Qaddhafi and Saddam Hussein. He won't give up any means of defence.
You misunderstand, the NKs will threaten to send him back if we don't meet their demands.
Are we there yet?

• Sea Star
  • Not an octohatter
Reply #7422

You misunderstand, the NKs will threaten to send him back if we don't meet their demands.
The Ransom of Red Chief by O Henry
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Today at 07:50:40 AM
Lol
Sea Star has been trolling me this whole time.

• ffejrxx
Reply #7423

The Ransom of Red Chief by O Henry
and this
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/us/otto-warmbier-north-korea-dies.html
so win/win?

Reply #7424
  • Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:19:23 AM by entropy
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins