Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Wading doesn't help.

Topic: Some heads are gonna roll  (Read 70922 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Some heads are gonna roll
Reply #7675
Added text of tweet because it's obvious that uncool didn't read it. Lol

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #7676
I'm one of the people that did not know this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Peoples_Pundit/status/986950339290165248

A lot of people still don't know or for some reason can't acknowledge Paul Manafort & Rick Gates were indicted for lobbying Clinton's State Dept. through the Podesta Group & Mercury LLC. It wasn't for work he did with Donald Trump. Read the indictment for yourself. Don't be lazy.
So?
Did you read the indictment for yourself?
Or are you being lazy?

Oh - almost forgot...

Lol
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• uncool
Reply #7677
Dave, I read it, and even provided sourcing for its claims (check the linked article). I then went on to discuss the claims using a specific paragraph from the article, assuming it was clear that I was providing a source for the tweet's claims.

Reply #7678
Seems that McCabe is going to be head number one in the wicker basket

"Washington (CNN)The Justice Department's inspector general referred its findings on former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe to the US attorney's office in Washington for possible criminal charges associated with lying to internal investigators, according to a source familiar with the matter."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/politics/justice-mccabe-criminal-referral/index.html?sr=twCNNp041918justice-mccabe-criminal-referral0154PMStory&CNNPolitics=Tw

• uncool
Reply #7679

"Washington (CNN)The Justice Department's inspector general referred its findings on former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe to the US attorney's office in Washington for possible criminal charges associated with lying to internal investigators, according to a source familiar with the matter."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/politics/justice-mccabe-criminal-referral/index.html?sr=twCNNp041918justice-mccabe-criminal-referral0154PMStory&CNNPolitics=Tw

Still not number 1.

Reply #7680

A lot of people still don't know or for some reason can't acknowledge Paul Manafort & Rick Gates were indicted for lobbying Clinton's State Dept. through the Podesta Group & Mercury LLC. It wasn't for work he did with Donald Trump. Read the indictment for yourself. Don't be lazy.
So?
Or are you being lazy?

Oh - almost forgot...

Lol
I'm lazy at least about that, which is why I said that I'm one of the people that didn't know that.

• uncool
Reply #7681

So?
Or are you being lazy?

Oh - almost forgot...

Lol
I'm lazy at least about that, which is why I said that I'm one of the people that didn't know that.
Then that's why you didn't know that the indictment doesn't mention either Podesta or Mercury directly, having anonymized them.

Which is why we needed a source besides the indictment to identify the anonymized firms. Such as the one I posted.

I would appreciate an apology.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #7682

So?
Or are you being lazy?

Oh - almost forgot...

Lol
And you still don't know it.
Because it's not true.
It's Fake News.

Here's the indictment.
You'll notice - or you would if you bothered to read it - they were not indicted for  "lobbying the Clinton State Dept."
In order to hide Ukraine payments from United States authorities, from approximately 2006 through at least 2016, MANAFORT and GATES laundered the money through scores of United States and foreign corporations, partnerships, and bank accounts.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #7683
You seem to be assuming that
(1)  the US attorney's office will decide criminal charges are warranted
(2)  that he'll be convicted
(3)  and that said conviction will come before any of the Mueller indictees see jail time*

* which, in the case of van der Zwaan, will require time travel.

Reply #7684
Okay let me back up. Yes I am too lazy to read the indictment myself. I appreciate those who read it for me and give me the cliff notes. Were or were not manafort and Gates indicted for doing work for Donald Trump? That was the interesting part of that tweet to me.

Reply #7685
Meanwhile this

"Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein told President Donald Trump last week that he isn't a target of any part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation or the probe into his longtime lawyer, Michael Cohen, according to several people familiar with the matter.

Rosenstein, who brought up the investigations himself, offered the assurance during a meeting with Trump at the White House last Thursday, a development that helped tamp down the president's desire to remove Rosenstein or Mueller, the people said."

Bloomberg

• uncool
Reply #7686
They were indicted for lobbying on behalf of a political party in Ukraine (technically two), without disclosing that they were acting as agents of a foreign government, and hiding that connection by laundering money.

No, they were not indicted for working for Donald Trump, at least directly. However, it provides evidence of a connection between Trump and Russia, as the leader of that party held ties to Russia, to the point that he fled to Russia after he lost power in Ukraine and prosecutors there started indicating they were going to indict him iirc.

• uncool
Reply #7687
Meanwhile this

"Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein told President Donald Trump last week that he isn't a target of any part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation or the probe into his longtime lawyer, Michael Cohen, according to several people familiar with the matter.

Rosenstein, who brought up the investigations himself, offered the assurance during a meeting with Trump at the White House last Thursday, a development that helped tamp down the president's desire to remove Rosenstein or Mueller, the people said."

Bloomberg
I was wondering when you'd bring this up.

Do you know the difference between a target and the subject of an investigation?

This kind of reassurance has happened many times. It still doesn't mean much.

• uncool
Reply #7688
And Dave: the indictment is 31 pages long. Several of those pages are just lists. Just read it.

• JonF
Reply #7689
Meanwhile this

Bloomberg
The key word there is" target".

Trump is a subject of Mueller's investigation. He's not in the clear.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/04/trump-target-subject/557243/
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #7690
Okay let me back up. Yes I am too lazy to read the indictment myself. I appreciate those who read it for me and give me the cliff notes. Were or were not manafort and Gates indicted for doing work for Donald Trump? That was the interesting part of that tweet to me.
Really?
Up till now you thought they were indicted "for doing work for Donald Trump"?
Why did you think that?

Reply #7691
Really?
Why did you think that?

no kidding. Because, if they had been, your continued support of Trump while you assumed that is pretty clearly based on not evidence.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #7692
Really?
Why did you think that?

no kidding. Because, if they had been, your continued support of Trump while you assumed that is pretty clearly based on not evidence.
Yeah really. It make me think that Dave has completely missed the point of Mueller's investigation.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #7693
Really?
Why did you think that?

Yeah really. It make me think that Dave has completely missed the point of Mueller's investigation.
Missing points is one of Bluffy's strong points.
Are we there yet?

• Faid
Reply #7694
Really?
Why did you think that?

He doesn't read much besides His Buddy Sundance (and the links he provides).
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #7695
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/04/why-were-republicans-so-desperate-to-release-the-embarrassing-comey-memos-heres-one-explanation.html

This whole thing is worth reading, but tldr, Republicans pushed hard to release Comey memos that say Trump talked about Putin's hookers, apparently because of a likely inaccurate Fox News report that if it were accurate might possibly justify Trump's dumb tweet about Comey leaking classified information.

If that's true, it's hard to think of a better example of this...

https://splinternews.com/the-long-lucrative-right-wing-grift-is-blowing-up-in-t-1793944216

Reply #7696
Huh?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #7697
Huh?
Don't you worry your little head over it, dave.

Have you figured out yet that "Peoples_Pundit" lied to you?
That you're rebroadcasting Fake News like the useful idiot that you are?

• Sea Star
  • Not an octohatter
Reply #7698
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Today at 07:50:40 AM
Lol
Sea Star has been trolling me this whole time.

Reply #7699
Huh?
Don't you worry your little head over it, dave.

Have you figured out yet that "Peoples_Pundit" lied to you?
That you're rebroadcasting Fake News like the useful idiot that you are?
no. It appears to me that Trump and Fox News have been pretty much right all along.