Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: 'Having read this thread in its entirety makes me depressed. I think you're forcing each other into situations in which at least one participant will always lose face.'  'welcome to TR!'

Topic: The Millennials Are Killing Everything Thread (Read 1925 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Millennials Are Killing Everything Thread
Reply #150
It's almost like those two "Gen X" cohorts are not actually part of the same generation.
yeah i noticed that, a lot of people put the early-to-mid-30s in with millennials too (which would only strengthen the point).

Reply #151
It's almost like those two "Gen X" cohorts are not actually part of the same generation.
yeah i noticed that, a lot of people put the early-to-mid-30s in with millennials too (which would only strengthen the point).

That's age in 2012 though, so those cutoffs look close to what I'd expect.

Gen X being smug about millennials when they're largely Reagan loving trash is always amusing.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #152

But people still insist that my 17 year old stepdaughter and I are both millennials and share all the same generational experiences.

Reply #153
Lots of angsty millennials in this thread.

Reply #154

Well, it seems like who was president when you turned 18 seems to be a stronger indicator at least for political/voting tendencies. 

• MSG
Reply #155
this article is much better than the huffpost average http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/poor-millennials/
braying among the ruins

• ksen
Reply #156
I just hope  those younger voters really do "keep this vision alive" - and it's not just an age thing, where every generation leans further and further right as they senesce.

I don't think every generation leans further right as they age, but they get to a point where they want the movement to the left to slow down or stop.

What movement to the left?

Reply #157
The one that wants to reduce the corporate tax rate to only 28% instead of 21%

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #158
https://www.vox.com/2017/12/20/16772670/baby-boomers-millennials-congress-debt

Stop voting for olds*.  It couldn't hurt.

* Bernie votes are allowed.

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'