Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• I think the biggest problem with TR is that a lot of you dont know how to surrender graciously when youre beat.

Topic: What Movie have you watched lately? (Read 5445 times) previous topic - next topic

• Monad
Re: What Movie have you watched lately?
Reply #275
Avengers: Infinity War

Amazing, go see it.  :cry:

Was one hell of an impressive film. I didn't think they could pull it off, but they did.

Saw it last night - wow that ending was very brave.

Hugely different storyline from the comics but used to that

One of the most boring, dumbly bombastic, scores I've ever heard though - the end credits were torture to wait for.

Reply #276
2001 on the big screen with a full orchestra. Holy crap that was good. Really looking forward to the anniversary 70mm print.
Why do I bother?

• Monad
Reply #277
Looking forwards to seeing Captain Marvel though - Carol Danvers has long been one of my favourite Marvel characters.

Reply #278
I plan to watch infinity war on an airplane at some point in the distant future.

Reply #279
The Darkest Hour; we were hugely impressed by Gary Oldman's performance. But was Churchill really a doddering, senile old geezer?

• ksen
Reply #280
The Last Jedi

Didn't really like it that much. The main series has been pretty much shit but the stand alone Rogue One was quite good and I'm hopeful that the upcoming stand alone Solo will be good as well.

• Monad
Reply #281
The Last Jedi

Didn't really like it that much. The main series has been pretty much shit but the stand alone Rogue One was quite good and I'm hopeful that the upcoming stand alone Solo will be good as well.

Rogue One was my favourite. I think The Last Jedi had some good bits but also a lot of filler (I don't think they really knew what to do with Finn so just gave him that stupid waste of a sub plot).

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #282
Ditto. Rogue one was my favourite out of the last few. I wish someone would stop giving j j Abrams space films.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• Monad
Reply #283
I wish someone would stop giving j j Abrams space.

fify

• ksen
Reply #284
I hope once this trilogy is over they can go away from the Skywalkers and tell brand new stories in this universe.

Three trilogies of the tiny rebel alliance fighting against the current stand-in for the empire is too much.

Oh, and one thing that really bothered me in The Last Jedi is when the rebel ships were maintaining distance from the First Order (or whatever) ships their medical ship ran out of fuel and drifted back towards the bad ships and got blown up. They're in space. Shouldn't the medical ship have maintained the speed and direction it was going in when it ran out of fuel and thus stayed out of range of the bad guy's guns?

Reply #285
Even vaguely realistic physics has never been Star Wars strong point.
Why do I bother?

Reply #286
ksen, your asking questions about a movie with space wizards

• ksen
Reply #287
well . . . um

Reply #288
I hope once this trilogy is over they can go away from the Skywalkers and tell brand new stories in this universe.

Three trilogies of the tiny rebel alliance fighting against the current stand-in for the empire is too much.

Oh, and one thing that really bothered me in The Last Jedi is when the rebel ships were maintaining distance from the First Order (or whatever) ships their medical ship ran out of fuel and drifted back towards the bad ships and got blown up. They're in space. Shouldn't the medical ship have maintained the speed and direction it was going in when it ran out of fuel and thus stayed out of range of the bad guy's guns?

I thought they were under constant acceleration which is why they were burning fuel. When the one ship ran out of fuel the bad guys caught up to it.

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #289
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Reply #290
Goddamn he looks just like him. Thought it was a documentary at first.

Reply #291
Apparently from what I'm reading there's a whole bunch of straightwashing and ignoring the fact that he had AIDS going on. Not sure I want to see it for that reason.
Why do I bother?

Reply #292
The movie ends before he even has aids.

Reply #293
I still want to see it. Him as a performer is still a pretty amazing story
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #294
The sound mix on that trailer was superb.

I believe the time frame of the film is omitting the final years. Freddie Mercury was an iconic band front man. Personally, I would rather see a film about the celebration of the life/music he lived; rather than frame the film around his demise with AIDS. His tragic ending is not what defined him.
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Reply #295

I believe the time frame of the film is omitting the final years. Freddie Mercury was an iconic band front man. Personally, I would rather see a film about the celebration of the life/music he lived; rather than frame the film around his demise with AIDS. His tragic ending is not what defined him.

that's exactly what I thought when I watched the trailer.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• Monad
Reply #296
Deadpool 2 was awesome

• ksen
Reply #297
Going tonight if I can get tickets for a late show.

Reply #298

that's exactly what I thought when I watched the trailer.
It isn't, but I think most fans would rather see a "warts and all" film rather than a glossy nothing of a film. (Still that would be better than what Sacha Baron Cohen suggested would happen when he walked away from the film- apparently certain members of the band wanted the second half of the film to be about what happened to the band after Freddie died).

It doesn't have to be about his death, but it and his illness did a huge amount to change public opinion and discussion about AIDS, so cutting it before he even has AIDS makes no sense when the pR fluff talks about him having a "life threatening condition". Because nobody is going to think he had a bit of a dicky tummy before Live Aid say.
Why do I bother?

• ksen
Reply #299
Going tonight if I can get tickets for a late show.

Got tickets for the 11pm show tonight.