Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: atheism's gadfly.

Topic: Annual Blue Hill Observatory Climate Data (Read 1249 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Annual Blue Hill Observatory Climate Data
Reply #100
Wait, let me get this straight. They blame problems with the data to explain problems with the data? That sounds crazy!

(I know. The "sarcasm tell."  ::) )

• SR-71
  • Schmewbie
Reply #101
Sensors below the sea, on the sea surface, on land, in radiosondes, airplanes and satellites all report rising temps and THEY ARE ALL WRONG!  We know this because FX and Cephus0 at TR tell us so. 

Reply #102
No one said that.  It's a typically stupid straw man.  The global temperature mean - whatever physical meaning you may wish to ascribe to taking an average temperature of the entire planetary fluid systems using thermometry - is quite possibly increasing.  I'd expect it is following the LIA.  I'd certainly hope it is because if it isn't that likely spells a return to a new local minimum which isn't good news at all.  In other news there are areas which appear not to be following the generalised trend and running counter to the predictions of the AGW hypothesis  The primary point is that when a record gets adjusted on a rolling permanent basis then it isn't a record at all.  It is a reflection of certain hypotheses advanced by those doing the adjusting.  The secondary point is that if you wish to ascribe the putative temperature rise to some causative agent then you need to provide the evidence to support those claims.  And the tertiary point is of course that NH winter cooling would be evidence refuting the AGW hypothesis.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #103
Well the February 2018 data is up, so I am busy downloading the data from around 100 climate stations even as I type this.  It's something I do, because it's fun.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #104
No one said that.  It's a typically stupid straw man. 
The behavior of non-science (nonsense) minds is fairly easy to predict. 
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• SR-71
  • Schmewbie
Reply #105
No one said that.  It's a typically stupid straw man.  The global temperature mean - whatever physical meaning you may wish to ascribe to taking an average temperature of the entire planetary fluid systems using thermometry - is quite possibly increasing.  I'd expect it is following the LIA.  I'd certainly hope it is because if it isn't that likely spells a return to a new local minimum which isn't good news at all.  In other news there are areas which appear not to be following the generalised trend and running counter to the predictions of the AGW hypothesis  The primary point is that when a record gets adjusted on a rolling permanent basis then it isn't a record at all.  It is a reflection of certain hypotheses advanced by those doing the adjusting.  The secondary point is that if you wish to ascribe the putative temperature rise to some causative agent then you need to provide the evidence to support those claims.  And the tertiary point is of course that NH winter cooling would be evidence refuting the AGW hypothesis.

Cephus allatime do the UD thing.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #106
As an example, after I post some actual data, the true alarmists will post something idiotic, and not even discuss the data.  That is a prediction, based on my model of fuckhead behavior.
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #107
Because Blue Hill is quality data (even with the noted UHI influencing it), it can be used to compare the other stations.  Much like Dale Enterprise, and other quality sites. (no location changes, same instruments, (or using both AWOS and the old instruments), same TOBs, almost no missing data, careful record keeping, etc
― Mark Twain 🔭

• SR-71
  • Schmewbie
Reply #108
You and Cephus just keep revomiting the same vomit that's been debunked over and over.  It's beyond stupid.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #109
You two should take up anti-vax campaigning. It'd be right up your alley. Perhaps creationism too, while you're at it.
Why would we do that? 
It wasn't until I expressed skepticism (2009) about some of the more egregious claims I found, as well as the obvious problems of extreme cold and snow for the theory, that I realized a lot of the skeptics I hung out with online were sort of mentally deficient when it came to the matter of climate and weather.

10 years later, it is even more obvious.  It's the level of non argument that really makes it seem like I am surrounded by idiot trolls at times.
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #110
You two should take up anti-vax campaigning. It'd be right up your alley. Perhaps creationism too, while you're at it.
Why would we do that? 
It wasn't until I expressed skepticism (2009) about some of the more egregious claims I found, as well as the obvious problems of extreme cold and snow for the theory, that I realized a lot of the skeptics I hung out with online were sort of mentally deficient when it came to the matter of climate and weather.

10 years later, it is even more obvious.  It's the level of non argument that really makes it seem like I am surrounded by idiot trolls at times.

You and Humber both!

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #111
 :parrot:
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #112

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #113
Jesus Christ.  You are using Richard Wiles?

I've spent a lot of time lately thinking about climate change liars. Those people who make a living deliberately deceiving the public about the scientific consensus on climate disruption. These people are awful, they know who they are. They have to live with their lies.
If someone told all the parents of the world that there was a 98 percent chance that radical environmental changes in the next 10 - 50 years will wipe out half of all known life forms on earth, and that famine, plagues, floods and droughts on a scale not seen in thousands of years would become routine for billions of people, you would think they would tell their kids.

Well most climate scientists in the world have been telling us that, but we don't do anything about it.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-wiles/that-awkward-conversation_b_820837.html

Wiles is a supreme fuckhead when it comes to climate.
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #114
Idiots like that have been predicting the end of days (while enjoying fossil fuels) for decades, even in the 1950s (except then it was a coming ice age), the same myth of the end of mankind was around.
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #115
Wait, let me get this straight. They blame problems with the data to explain problems with the data?
Like so many things, you can't seem to grasp what is being said.  You create a straw man and then make idiot comments on your own idiocy.
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #116
Well the February 2018 data is up, so I am busy downloading the data from around 100 climate stations even as I type this.  It's something I do, because it's fun.
I've finished looking at the data including March now.  The first quarter data (J-M) for much of the US is quite amazing.
― Mark Twain 🔭