Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: bwrv spotted

Topic: Testy Explains the Layers Which Include the Tonto Group (Read 9176 times) previous topic - next topic

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Re: Testy Explains the Layers Which Include the Tonto Group
Reply #1000
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

Reply #1001
[
I read the poster. Holy dodgem car continents, Batman. :D
According to the articles on AIG they're still clinging to Baumgardner's old "catastrophic plate tectonics", and still haven't made any attempt to get around the flaws in it.

ICR is worse. It seems to be AIG dumbed down.
Any of the creationist theories even with their problems are better than the alternative ... The mainstream theory that giant sandstone layers were deposited state by state and province by province  in calm, placid waters.  It's really a riot that so many people with advanced science degrees actually believe that shit.

Anyone want to explain to the dumbass how states and provinces didn't exist when the sandstone was deposited?
Why sure they did! And there were little elves standing around making sure the sandstone only got deposited within state boundaries and nowhere else.

Reply #1002
According to the articles on AIG they're still clinging to Baumgardner's old "catastrophic plate tectonics", and still haven't made any attempt to get around the flaws in it.

Any of the creationist theories even with their problems are better than the alternative ... The mainstream theory that giant sandstone layers were deposited state by state and province by province  in calm, placid waters.  It's really a riot that so many people with advanced science degrees actually believe that shit.

Really. If the creationist "theories" are so much better, why the need to misrepresent the scientific theories?

You started this thread thinking that big layers was a problem for science, having forgotten that we've explained Walther's law to you at least once in the past.

Having explained it to you yet again, you now seem to have figured out that these layers aren't at all a problem for science. Instead, we actually have a very effective theory as to how they form, with good predictive power.

Now, let's hear your creationist theory. Just for the Tonto is fine. The caveat is, it has to be a scientific explanation. Saying "those layers were put down by a flood" is not a scientific explanation. You could as well substitute "Those layers were made by magic". Therefore, in addition, let's also see some predictions made based on the creationist model. In particular, what features would we expect to see in each layer? Where would we expect to see the layers tapering off? What will the age of the sediments do as we move along each layer?
"you now seem to have figured out that these layers aren't at all a problem for science."

Oh have I?

I don't know how you got that idea.  They ARE in fact a huge problem for science mainstream fake science.  It's just that you personally don't recognize that yet.

Well, C14 is an issue for YEC, but you shit yourself and ran away.

Run away man-boy, run away.

Reply #1003
Actually you're right. The state and province boundaries didn't actually exist at the time but the elves knew that they WOULD exist in the future  and they knew where the lines would be so they were able to direct the sandstone deposition intelligently.

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #1004
[

Anyone want to explain to the dumbass how states and provinces didn't exist when the sandstone was deposited?
Why sure they did! And there were little elves standing around making sure the sandstone only got deposited within state boundaries and nowhere else.

There's an art to good sarcasm, and boy, you ain't got it.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #1005
The temagami perhaps.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenstone_belt
No that's oodles away from Wabigoon. This one shown in the shot (dark brown).
Truth is out of style

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #1006
Predictably, buffoonery follows Hawkins's bluff/bluster/bravado cycle.
Reboot is at hand, folks.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #1007
It's sad
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #1008
No that's oodles away from Wabigoon.
Wabigoon?
Isn't that the place where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #1009
Actually you're right. The state and province boundaries didn't actually exist at the time but the elves knew that they WOULD exist in the future  and they knew where the lines would be so they were able to direct the sandstone deposition intelligently.
...What on EARTH are you babbling about?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #1010
Look Dave, we know you're just butthurt because you couldn't support any of your claims. It happens in every thread, so we're all up to speed with the process. Why don't you go shout at your goats until you get over it?
Truth is out of style

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #1011
No that's oodles away from Wabigoon.
Wabigoon?
Isn't that the place where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average?
No idea. Never been there. All I know is they have a slab of ancient oceanic crust under them, buried under the rest of the crust and sitting smack on top of the mantle. Must have got shoved under there last Thursday by Jesus or something.
Truth is out of style

• Faid
Reply #1012
Speaking of elves and such, though...

Care to think of any mechanism (other than Little Fludde Goblins) that helped preserve those features in such a way, under your stories?

Evilutionist octohatters can. How about you?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #1013
Hey this must be it. The description fits with the picture: Geology of the Canadian Shield in Ontario: an update

In the south, the Wawa-Abitibi terrane evolved in a mainly oceanic setting until Shebandowanian collision with the composite Superior superterrane at 2.695 Ga. Synorogenic Quetico turbidites were trapped in the collision zone.
:parrot:
Truth is out of style

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #1014
Shebandowanian Collision would be a great name for a band.
Truth is out of style

Reply #1015
Look Dave, we know you're just butthurt because you couldn't support any of your claims. It happens in every thread, so we're all up to speed with the process. Why don't you go shout at your goats until you get over it?
"up to speed"

Lol

Meaning now for the first time in your life,   thanks to a creationist informing you, you are aware that a mainstream geologist - Sloss - proposed continent wide inundations which he believed covered most of the North American continent.

Congratulations! You are one step closer to becoming a YEC!

We'll get you all the way there  eventually. Give me time.

Reply #1016
"up to speed"

Lol

Meaning now for the first time in your life,   thanks to a creationist informing you, you are aware that a mainstream geologist - Sloss - proposed continent wide inundations which he believed covered most of the North American continent.

Heh. But you're the one who keeps submitting evidence that refutes the flood myth.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #1017

When are you going to start presenting evidence for your Fludde? Coz this ploughboy ain't seen none yet.
Truth is out of style

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #1018

Meaning now for the first time in your life,  thanks to a creationist informing you, you are aware that a mainstream geologist - Sloss - proposed continent wide inundations which he believed covered most of the North American continent.
Nope.
That is not something I learned from you or any creationist.

You are so full of yourself it's a wonder you don't explode.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #1019
Anyway this North American Craton/Canadian Shield thing has a bloody complex structure. It aint just a big lump o' rock.
Truth is out of style

Reply #1020
"up to speed"

Lol

Meaning now for the first time in your life,  thanks to a creationist informing you, you are aware that a mainstream geologist - Sloss - proposed continent wide inundations which he believed covered most of the North American continent.

Careful Davie-dip.  I'll start posting pictures of Missouri geology again and make you soil yourself like the last time.   :wave:

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #1021
Go on then. This thread needs some livening up. Davey has run out of puff. :yes:
Truth is out of style

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #1022

Careful Davie-dip.  I'll start posting pictures of Missouri geology again and make you soil yourself like the last time.  :wave:
No prob! Hawkins has learned that wallowing in his own feces -  even having kids enjoy the benefits of squishing it through their fingers! - is a good thing, not a bad thing!

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #1023
...What on EARTH are you babbling about?

He's pissed because people pointed out all the permadry land masses outside of the United States and even within US borders. The inland sea sandstones do look impressively huge if you just look at a US geology map, so it was easy for Dave's demon to guess more digging would show those layers EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD OMG FLOOD PROOVEN!!1! So now he's projecting, as usual, his own narrow insular viewpoints on everybody else.

It would be funny if it didn't indicate that there is something fundamentally* wrong with his brain.

* :hmm:

Reply #1024
Here's a good overview of the geology of Missouri

Geology of Missouri

Maybe Dave can explain how his Majik FLUD distributed the different materials this way?

I particularly like the rock formations at Elephant Rock State Park

Elephant Rocks State Park in southeastern Missouri exhibits the effects of rock fractures well. While initial cracks formed in the granite as it cooled over 1 billion years ago, during periods of continental uplift over the course of Missouri's history, the larger cracks formed in the rocks, fracturing all of the underlying granite into cubes. As the rocks were slowly uplifted and exposed at the surface, wind and rain slowly eroded, rounded, and enlarged the fractures to produce the large oval shaped boulders that are known as the Elephant Rocks (Seeger 2008).

I'm sure Dave can FLUDsplain these formations too.   :)