Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• You have an unprecedented ability to fool yourself with the most transparent bullshit.

Topic: Testy Explains the Layers Which Include the Tonto Group (Read 9218 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Testy Explains the Layers Which Include the Tonto Group
Reply #1300
Ha! Turns out that article is lying about St. Bernards too.

The only dog mutant which comes anywhere near qualifying as useful (from the dog's point of view) is found in that big lovable St. Bernard.

It suffers from hyperthyroidism, which means that its overactive thyroid gland enables it to turn food into body heat at an incredible rate, not by choice, but by compulsion. His feet can sometimes be so hot they can melt the snow around him.
Wierd.  my feet melt snow around them too!
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #1301
Damn. It's almost as if both St. Bernards and humans have body temperatures in excess of 0ÂșC.  That doesn't sound right. I wonder if baboon dogs and Pre-Cambrian rabbits can melt snow?  More research is needed, clearly.

• MikeS
Reply #1302
It's an old in-joke dating from a decade or so back. Read the bit I quoted. AiG has had that article up for ages, and it claims there is a breed of dog called the "Baboon dog" and that the male Baboon dog dies before reaching maturity.

I'm sure you can see the problem here. ;) AiG apparently cannot see it.
IIRC, a certain member called Dave Hawkins was supposed to communicate with the staff at AiG to outline some of the obvious issues of accuracy within that article.  This result was after a lengthy debate on a forum (RD.net??) where said article was discussed and disected by members but supported by Dave.  Eventually I think Dave had a wobbly one morning and stated that the objections to the article were true and accurate and "promised" to bring the subject up with the AiG staff.

That was probably 7 or 8 years ago.

• JonF
Reply #1303
It was the old Theology Web.  I'm not sure it was Dave, it may have been Jorge. 
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #1304
It wasn't TWeb, because I remember it happening and I never hung out at TWeb, and it was Dave. I think it may have been RDF. Fairly sure it was before the circus moved to IIDB.
Truth is out of style

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #1305
It wasn't TWeb, because I remember it happening and I never hung out at TWeb, and it was Dave. I think it may have been RDF. Fairly sure it was before the circus moved to IIDB.
Yes... I remember the discussion too.
Might have been AtBC.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #1306
Nope, I didn't hang around there either. Had to be either RDF or IIDB. Unless he chucked a wobbly about it at two different venues, which is always possible.
Truth is out of style

Reply #1307
100% sure it was Davie-dip, 90% sure it was the old IIDB

• MikeS
Reply #1308
I think it was old IIDB.  Occam's Aftershave (and Seven Popes) went after Dave hard to write AiG for that retraction.  It was one of those cases that Dave admitted the error at hand without realizing the repercussions.

Cases like that have just reinforced Dave's Demon so that today he will not admit anything that is put in front of his face.  That's why it was a big surprise to me in the 14C discussion that Dave saw that Browns model was incorrect for the application and had issues that he had not yet resolved.

• JonF
Reply #1309
It did too happen at the old TWeb! Also.  Looks like convergent evolution to me.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• JonF
Reply #1310

Reply #1311
It's an old in-joke dating from a decade or so back. Read the bit I quoted. AiG has had that article up for ages, and it claims there is a breed of dog called the "Baboon dog" and that the male Baboon dog dies before reaching maturity.

IIRC, a certain member called Dave Hawkins was supposed to communicate with the staff at AiG to outline some of the obvious issues of accuracy within that article.  This result was after a lengthy debate on a forum (RD.net??) where said article was discussed and disected by members but supported by Dave.  Eventually I think Dave had a wobbly one morning and stated that the objections to the article were true and accurate and "promised" to bring the subject up with the AiG staff.

As I recall, the AiG author that wrote that article was later vindicated.

Reply #1312
Holy shit, that Jorge clown is almost as tedious as daveydoodles.

Funny how yeccers hang their hat so much on stuff that has only very tenuous relationship to anything in the bible (and no relationship to reality), and outside of a few pockets in the US, is utterly not an issue even for others who share the same denomination.

Reply #1313

1. We know how reliable your 'recollection' is.
2. Vindicated? As in, they found a species of baboon dogs, or what?

Reply #1314

Reply #1315
You didn't read any of the previous 20 or so posts did you?

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #1316
Quote from: Faid
Wow.

"Vindicated"?

More like busted.

Dave, do you remember what the whole baboon dog story was about? Do you remember WHY we started looking for information about them in the first place?

Do you remember what the AiG article said about them? about, hint hint, the males dying before reaching sexual maturity?

No wonder why they never responded to you, dave. What could they say? "You know, it's not an actual breed, it's a genetic disorder, when we presented it as evidence that all different breeds of dogs are "degenerate mutants" we were lying through our teeth"?

Are you finally starting to get it, dave?
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• JonF
Reply #1317

You recall wrong, as usual.  The article is still there unchanged, egregious errors and all.  No vindication.

Reply #1318
Yes, vindicated. 

Many breeds are the result of mutations.

And yes, I won the Portuguese debate too.

Reply #1319
Yes, vindicated. 

LOL, I have to assume this is some self-aware, self-mockery, right? Because you're about as right on this issue as you are about Portuguese. I.e., not even close.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #1320
Yes, vindicated. 

All extant animals are in part the result of mutation. However, the canine genome has what is known as phenotypic plasticity. Look it up.

Baboon dogs are not a breed, the males don't die faster than the females, and St. Bernards are not prone to hyperthyroidism.

All those clearly wrong statements are still in the article.

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #1321
Dave doesn't care about the truth.  He only cares about stroking his own ego, and imagining himself as being correct, despite all contrary evidence.  He cannot make logical arguments, he cannot develop models that conform to observations, because all of that is irrelevant, it is entirely a personal journey of self-aggrandizement for him. 

If Dave cared about the truth, he wouldn't need to lie constantly about "winning" past arguments.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #1322
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #1323
Wonderful. Now, can you explain the reproductive success of the baboon dog breed, given that the males die before reaching maturity?

Can you also explain the pictures of living, mature, male dogs with baboon dog syndrome? Are they zombie dogs that have risen from the dead?

I would also be curious to read your explanation of how getting shit massively wrong = vindicated. Kthnx.
Truth is out of style

Reply #1324
I would also be curious to read your explanation of how getting shit massively wrong = vindicated. Kthnx.

He's convinced. What more does he need?