Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Home of the shitty TR Memescape

Topic: GOP motto these days. My tribe, right or wrong.  (Read 574 times) previous topic - next topic

GOP motto these days. My tribe, right or wrong.
GOP motto these days. My tribe, right or wrong.

I have noted that many Republicans are saying that they cannot support Trump's position on many issues but will hold their noses as they vote for him anyway.

This looks to me to be the Republicans putting their own interests ahead of the countries.

Sure, they say that an odious Republican is better than any Democrat to justify their vote for Trump but I just see it as personal interest being put ahead of the needs and reputation of the countries.

Please bear in mind that being Canadian, I do not have a horse in your race so Republicans selling their souls to Satan/Trump has no effect on me. Mind you, I like how he would deal with Muslims.

What do you think of the new GOP motto; My tribe or party right or wrong?

Regards
DL 

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Re: GOP motto these days. My tribe, right or wrong.
Reply #1
I think it's pretty typical, and both sides do it.  Lots of people (berniebros) aren't happy with Hillary but will vote for her because she's not as objectionable as Trump.

Reply #2
I think it's pretty typical, and both sides do it.  Lots of people (berniebros) aren't happy with Hillary but will vote for her because she's not as objectionable as Trump.

I hear you but they are not publicly saying crap about her then saying they will vote for her anyway.

I think that anyone who does not vote their conscience and put their party before their country are forgetting their pledge of allegiance.

Regards
DL

Reply #3
Yes they are
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• MikeS
Reply #4

I hear you but they are not publicly saying crap about her then saying they will vote for her anyway.

I think that anyone who does not vote their conscience and put their party before their country are forgetting their pledge of allegiance.

Regards
DL
Tell that to the significant percentage of voters who vote the party line.  That's been established since voting and parties began.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #5
Mind you, I like how [Trump] would deal with Muslims.

Dear Canada,

Condolences on having this one to live with.

Reply #6

Regards
DL
Tell that to the significant percentage of voters who vote the party line.  That's been established since voting and parties began.

Yes and that is why all the delegates are what they are.

People who do not vote their conscience are not true to their party's as they are not trying to improve them in the long run as they are not correcting their party's poor thinking by keeping them out of office.

Regards
DL

Reply #7
Mind you, I like how [Trump] would deal with Muslims.

Dear Canada,

Condolences on having this one to live with.

What of Islam and Sharia do you like?

How they stone gays and rape victims?
How they force children to marry old men?
How they treat women as chattel that can be Honor killed when there is no battery acid for their faces?

Read the stats and then tell us all why you like Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pSPvnFDDQHk

Regards
DL

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #8
I don't like Islam any more than I like Christianity. 

You're attributing to Islam stuff that's cultural and tribal - that occurs in cultures regardless of the individual religious affiliations.

I had no idea you were such a bigot.  I guess I don't read your threads enough.  Something I won't be changing.

Reply #9

You're attributing to Islam stuff that's cultural and tribal - that occurs in cultures regardless of the individual religious affiliations.

I had no idea you were such a bigot.  I guess I don't read your threads enough.  Something I won't be changing.

Name calling is easy for those who promote immoral religions.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing.

Stop doing nothing.

Regards
.DL

Reply #10

Stop doing nothing.

Regards
.DL
ALL religions are immoral.

Reply #11
Hate is a family value!

Reply #12

Stop doing nothing.

Regards
.DL
ALL religions are immoral.

I would not say all but would be hard pressed to say which religions, save my own of course, Gnostic Christianity, are moral.

Buddhism comes to mind as a good runner up as I do not see much in the way of immoral tenets within it.

Eastern religious traditions are not my forte though.

Regards
DL

Reply #13
Hate is a family value!

Hate, like love, is a good character trait to have.

The trick is to know who or what to love and who or what is good to hate.

One might hinge on the other. Yin is just not the same without Yang.

Regards
DL

Reply #14
I'm not sure hate is really a good thing to cultivate in any situation.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #15
I gave up hating anyone sometime in my early thirties. I can hate what they've done or are doing or intend to do. I can feel horror regarding the kind of mind that can casually commit atrocities. But much of the time, the horrible things people do are rooted in hate to begin with. It isn't good for a person to harbour hate.

Reply #16
It's very easy to hate. It requires very little understanding.

Reply #17

Many Christians tell me that they love all their neighbors and that we should also lave our enemies.

They stick to that till you ask them if they can love the one who rapes their child.

There is a time for love and a time for hate.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is not hate it enough to move against it.

Regards
DL

Reply #18
I gave up hating anyone sometime in my early thirties. I can hate what they've done or are doing or intend to do. I can feel horror regarding the kind of mind that can casually commit atrocities. But much of the time, the horrible things people do are rooted in hate to begin with. It isn't good for a person to harbour hate.

That may be true but it is the perpetrator that we jail. Hate the sin and love the sinner all you like but it is the sinner that you jail and we do not jail them out of love.

Regards
DL

Reply #19

The same understanding applies to love, just in reverse and that is why we all know how to hate, if we know how to love.

Regards
DL

Reply #20

Many Christians tell me that they love all their neighbors and that we should also lave our enemies.

They stick to that till you ask them if they can love the one who rapes their child.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is not hate it enough to move against it.

Regards
DL

You seem to assume that without hate, we cannot be motivated to act in self or group preservation activities. I do not agree.

Reply #21

The same understanding applies to love, just in reverse and that is why we all know how to hate, if we know how to love.

Regards
DL

But it requires a great deal of understanding to love those that present obstacles to our plans.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #22

That may be true but it is the perpetrator that we jail. Hate the sin and love the sinner all you like but it is the sinner that you jail and we do not jail them out of love.

Regards
DL
'Hate' and 'Love' aren't the only possible emotions, and all emotions tend to run on a sliding scale, and can be mixed with all the other emotions. Using hate and love as two gigantic polar icons does no service to real peoples' lives.

Generally, in my country, we jail criminals to attempt rehabilitation, to deter other would be predators, and to keep our society safe, whether we are particularly successful or not varies. Some people may hate some criminals. Most of us don't hate most criminals. We want them to stop being criminals if that's possible. Otherwise we may have emotions about various types of criminals ranging from anger through fear and from pity through understanding and probably some other emotions mixed in.

Your hate/love dichotomy is the kind of philosophy tattooed on the knuckles of social outcasts.

Reply #23

Regards
DL

You seem to assume that without hate, we cannot be motivated to act in self or group preservation activities. I do not agree.

Preserving what you like against what you do not like, unless you want to play semantics, is to love one thing and fight against what comes against it with hate.

You can use like and dislike if you like. I use love and hate.

Regards
DL

Reply #24

Regards
DL

But it requires a great deal of understanding to love those that present obstacles to our plans.

No more understanding than to love those you love for not placing obstacles to your plan.

If you can understand why you love, you will understand why you should hate as well.

Regards
DL