Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• "my job here is done," brownback said as he floated into the sky on his umbrella, an emaciated george banks crying and sucking the marrow out of the bones of his children beneath him

Topic: GOP motto these days. My tribe, right or wrong.  (Read 572 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: GOP motto these days. My tribe, right or wrong.
Reply #50
Yep. I feel about the same.

Yet do not justify your feelings or tell us what is causing it.

You are copping out.

Regards
DL

Reply #51
Where do you come from?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #52

You are copping out.

Regards
DL

I guess I don't differentiate between ideologies that justify telling me who I ought to hate.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #53

You are copping out.

Regards
DL

I guess I don't differentiate between ideologies that justify telling me who I ought to hate.
I agree with Testy. Christians have no happy moral ground to stand on regarding the killings of innocent people. They've mostly just been lucky enough to have been on the conquering side throughout early history, and are still likely to break out in a killing frenzy, as in Bosnia, where Muslims were murdered in thousands. By Christians.

The term Bosnian genocide refers to either genocide at Srebrenica and Žepa[7] committed by Bosnian Serb forces in 1995 or the wider ethnic cleansing campaign throughout areas controlled by the Army of the Republika Srpska[8] that took place during the 1992-1995 Bosnian War.[9]
The events in Srebrenica in 1995 included the killing of more than 8,000 Bosniak ("Bosnian Muslim") men and boys, as well as the mass expulsion of another 25,000-30,000 Bosniak civilians, in and around the town of Srebrenica in Bosnia and Herzegovina, committed by units of the Army of the Republika Srpska (VRS) under the command of General Ratko Mladić.[10][11]
The ethnic cleansing campaign that took place throughout areas controlled by the Bosnian Serbs and targeted Muslim Bosniaks and Bosnian Croats. The ethnic cleansing campaign included unlawful confinement, murder, rape, sexual assault, torture, beating, robbery and inhumane treatment of civilians; the targeting of political leaders, intellectuals and professionals; the unlawful deportation and transfer of civilians; the unlawful shelling of civilians; the unlawful appropriation and plunder of real and personal property; the destruction of homes and businesses; and the destruction of places of worship.[12]
Your Gnosticism is a pretty Abrahamic retreat, but it doesn't absolve you of the sin of hating your neighbours.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #54

Reply #55

You are copping out.

Regards
DL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UTdKxCz2FIQ

Regards
DL

Reply #56

You are copping out.

Regards
DL

I agree with Testy. Christians have no happy moral ground to stand on regarding the killings of innocent people. They've mostly just been lucky enough to have been on the conquering side throughout early history, and are still likely to break out in a killing frenzy, as in Bosnia, where Muslims were murdered in thousands. By Christians.

The term Bosnian genocide refers to either genocide at Srebrenica and Žepa[7] committed by Bosnian Serb forces in 1995 or the wider ethnic cleansing campaign throughout areas controlled by the Army of the Republika Srpska[8] that took place during the 1992-1995 Bosnian War.[9]
The events in Srebrenica in 1995 included the killing of more than 8,000 Bosniak ("Bosnian Muslim") men and boys, as well as the mass expulsion of another 25,000-30,000 Bosniak civilians, in and around the town of Srebrenica in Bosnia and Herzegovina, committed by units of the Army of the Republika Srpska (VRS) under the command of General Ratko Mladić.[10][11]
The ethnic cleansing campaign that took place throughout areas controlled by the Bosnian Serbs and targeted Muslim Bosniaks and Bosnian Croats. The ethnic cleansing campaign included unlawful confinement, murder, rape, sexual assault, torture, beating, robbery and inhumane treatment of civilians; the targeting of political leaders, intellectuals and professionals; the unlawful deportation and transfer of civilians; the unlawful shelling of civilians; the unlawful appropriation and plunder of real and personal property; the destruction of homes and businesses; and the destruction of places of worship.[12]
Your Gnosticism is a pretty Abrahamic retreat, but it doesn't absolve you of the sin of hating your neighbours.

If we were Abrahamic followers, Christians would not have killed us and burned near all of our scriptures the moment they could.

If anything, Gnostic Christianity is the opposite of Christianity.

Jesus said that he had come to turn parent against child and siblings against each other so he was telling his followers who to hate.

If you cannot hate well, then you do not know how to love well and that is likely why you think love can be true love  without reciprocity.

Regards
DL

Reply #57

Antonyms aversion, disfavor, disgust, dislike, distaste, hatred, loathing, mislike

http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/love

Simple politically correct minds are usually wrong just as you are here.

Making up definitions that go against the English language is a cop out.

Regards
DL

Reply #58

You are copping out.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I'm not likely to watch an interview with hitchens. What does it say?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #59

You are copping out.

Regards
DL

I agree with Testy. Christians have no happy moral ground to stand on regarding the killings of innocent people. They've mostly just been lucky enough to have been on the conquering side throughout early history, and are still likely to break out in a killing frenzy, as in Bosnia, where Muslims were murdered in thousands. By Christians.

If we were Abrahamic followers, Christians would not have killed us and burned near all of our scriptures the moment they could.

Jesus said that he had come to turn parent against child and siblings against each other so he was telling his followers who to hate.

If you cannot hate well, then you do not know how to love well and that is likely why you think love can be true love  without reciprocity.

Regards
DL

Your condemnatory pronouncements identify you with the followers of Abraham's gods, whether you swear fealty to the indifferent deity or the malicious creator god.

Many words have been claimed to be direct from Jesus' mouth. Including 'Love your enemy as you love yourself'. Which do you think are true and which are made up? Why?

I think your understanding of love is wrong and misguided, and if that's what your cult teaches, they are yet another example of the misanthropic path that strain of religiousity has followed ever since Yahweh divorced his wife and ordered her groves destroyed.

You can contemptuously yell 'political correctness!' until you're blue in the face, it won't make you a better person nor will it make you more likely to make the world a better place.

Reply #60

You are copping out.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I like to think of that message as telling us who not to favor.

Reply #61

You are copping out.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I'm not likely to watch an interview with hitchens. What does it say?

It speaks of the Muslim telling us who to hate and who to kill, just for not thinking as they do.

The ideology of freedom of speech as compared to an ideology of the suppression of free speech.

Regards
DL
  • Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:04:37 PM by Greatest Iam

Reply #62

You are copping out.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Your condemnatory pronouncements identify you with the followers of Abraham's gods, whether you swear fealty to the indifferent deity or the malicious creator god.

Many words have been claimed to be direct from Jesus' mouth. Including 'Love your enemy as you love yourself'. Which do you think are true and which are made up? Why?

I think your understanding of love is wrong and misguided, and if that's what your cult teaches, they are yet another example of the misanthropic path that strain of religiousity has followed ever since Yahweh divorced his wife and ordered her groves destroyed.

You can contemptuously yell 'political correctness!' until you're blue in the face, it won't make you a better person nor will it make you more likely to make the world a better place.

You have no idea what Gnostic Christianity is all about if you think we believe in our own myths, which we created to counter the Christian myth when everyone knew that God could not be known and was just a myth.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Gnostic Christians see Jesus as an archetypal good man and that is all.

We use what the bible put into his mouth as arguing points and that is it. Some of that is quite good but most of it is unworkable rhetoric and much of it is downright immoral.

What makes the world a poorer place is for good people not to hate evil enough to show their hate for evil.

Regards
DL

Reply #63
[
I like to think of that message as telling us who not to favor.

I see your wording as semantics and political correctness.

Regards
DL

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #64

You are copping out.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

You have no idea what Gnostic Christianity is all about if you think we believe in our own myths, which we created to counter the Christian myth when everyone knew that God could not be known and was just a myth.

We use what the bible put into his mouth as arguing points and that is it. Some of that is quite good but most of it is unworkable rhetoric and much of it is downright immoral.

What makes the world a poorer place is for good people not to hate evil enough to show their hate for evil.

Regards
DL
And you appear to be making the same mistakes that Karen Armstrong identifies in that snippet of her philosophy.

What do you want people to do? Go kill Muslims? Then what? Kill all the Catholics? The Hindus after that? The Buddhists, the Jains, the Zoroastrians, and at last the atheists?

I've known a few Gnostic Christians. I'd say you don't speak for them at all. You'll say they aren't 'true' Gnostics. And I'll say you present yourself as a bigoted, contemptuous, and hateful man. If you are not, explain yourself more clearly.

But I think you're just another person grasping the coattails of religion to justify your own prejudices and favouritisms.

Reply #65

You are copping out.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
And you appear to be making the same mistakes that Karen Armstrong identifies in that snippet of her philosophy.

What do you want people to do? Go kill Muslims? Then what? Kill all the Catholics? The Hindus after that? The Buddhists, the Jains, the Zoroastrians, and at last the atheists?

I've known a few Gnostic Christians. I'd say you don't speak for them at all. You'll say they aren't 'true' Gnostics. And I'll say you present yourself as a bigoted, contemptuous, and hateful man. If you are not, explain yourself more clearly.

But I think you're just another person grasping the coattails of religion to justify your own prejudices and favouritisms.

Those who do not have the moral sense to hate all the immoral religions, like Christianity and Islam, who grew their religions by murder instead of good deeds, should not throw labels around as readily as you do.

You go ahead and favor those immoral creeds all you like. It shows your mind set that readily accepts evil in the form of misogyny and homophobia.

I have explained why I hate those immoral religions. You have yet to show why you favor them.

Regards
DL

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #66
Whoever said I 'favour' any of them, except you? Don't put words in my mouth.

I have been agnostic for 45 years, and if I favoured any spiritual path it would be one of the very oldest ones, which you'd no doubt also hate, since it acknowledges the earth and the universe without including a lot of hate - or love, for that matter, but relationships and mutuality.

Reply #67
Yet here you are, telling me who I should hate, just like everyone else. You could get me to change my mind with a good argument, but so far all you've done is tell me to hate people and failed to articulate how that could be a good strategy for any outcome I might prefer. You have also failed to articulate how my preference for withholding my capacity to employ hate may be detrimental to an outcome I might prefer.

As it is, you just look like everyone else who wants to dictate what I should hate as if I was a machine for carrying out your particular ideas of what everyone else should do to produce your unique vision of utopia. No thanks. I don't want any.

Reply #68
Or, put another way, what would be the benefit of convincing me to hate religion such that as a consequence i hate religious people?

Reply #69

You go ahead and favor those immoral creeds all you like. It shows your mind set that readily accepts evil in the form of misogyny and homophobia.

you're either with us or with the terrorists, eh?

Reply #70
Whoever said I 'favour' any of them, except you? Don't put words in my mouth.

I have been agnostic for 45 years, and if I favoured any spiritual path it would be one of the very oldest ones, which you'd no doubt also hate, since it acknowledges the earth and the universe without including a lot of hate - or love, for that matter, but relationships and mutuality.

Perhaps that is why you do not seem to know how to either love or hate when required.

Mutuality sound a lot like reciprocity and love should be answered with love and hate with hate.

Regards
DL

Reply #71
No u

Reply #72
Or, put another way, what would be the benefit of convincing me to hate religion such that as a consequence i hate religious people?

If you think religions are moral then all I can do is point out why I think they are not, as I did above. If that does not convince you then nothing I say will.

Religions are supposed to be the epitome of morality and if you think that those who promote misogyny and homophobia are moral then I do not see you as any better than the religions or religious in question.

I also show that Islam is an intolerant religion whose ideology is counter to the Western one as they do not allow freedom of religion exactly the same way Christianity did not when Constantine bough the church and sent it out to kill all who did not follow their brand of Christianity.

Regards
DL

Reply #73

you're either with us or with the terrorists, eh?

You either support such religions and their methods or not. Correct.

To do nothing against evil is to allow it to grow.

Regards
DL

Reply #74
If you think religions are moral then all I can do is point out why I think they are not, as I did above. If that does not convince you then nothing I say will.

Well, since I don't think that, I guess your point is irrelevant.