Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: We can't be bothered to ban you.

Topic: The All-American Shooting Thread (Read 8516 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The All-American Shooting Thread
Reply #425

• ksen
Reply #426

Reply #427
what a good and normal country this is

Reply #428

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #429
The school walkout happened today.  Wonder what the final numbers will look like.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #431
In my hometown, a lot of kids walked out of the high school and gathered on the football field for some speeches.

Meanwhile, in Chicago, at the school I used to pass by all the time, a few blocks from my first apartment:

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #432
Fuck Chicago cops

• Monad
Reply #433
NRA finally make a valid point

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43352078

The NRA filed its lawsuit on Friday just an hour after the bill was signed by the governor.

One of its arguments is that the legislation violates the rights of young women as they are unlikely to commit violent crime.

So just ban men from having guns

• ksen
Reply #434
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/378540-gop-senator-opposed-to-gun-control-mocked-over-intense-concern-for-airline

Hold on Senator, it's way too soon to start making legislation to save pets from airline attendants. Emotions are still too high right now. But my thoughts and prayers go out to all pet owners flying the friendly skies.

Reply #435

• ksen
Reply #436
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/378608-dem-enters-maine-race-against-gop-state-candidate-who-called-parkland

The Republican drew criticism after he made derisive comments on Twitter about Emma Gonzalez, a survivor of the recent school shooting in Parkland, Fla.

Gonzalez, who identifies as bisexual, is one of several Parkland students who have earned a high profile in the media for their push for stricter gun control in the wake of the Feb. 14 shooting, which left 17 people dead.

"There is nothing about this skinhead lesbian that impresses me and there is nothing that she has to say unless you're a frothing at the mouth moonbat," Gibson tweeted in response to a report on Gonzalez's rocketing number of Twitter followers, according to the Sun Journal.

He also criticized David Hogg, another Parkland survivor who has become a prominent activist in the wake of the shooting, calling Hogg "a bald faced liar," the news outlet reported.

Gibson later apologized on Twitter before deleting his account.

"I would like to extend to you my most sincere apology for how I addressed you," he said, according to New York Magazine. "It was wrong and unacceptable. You are doing work that is important to you. I would like to extend my hand in friendship and understanding to you."

wtf is wrong with these people?

• Spode
  • I'm sorry.
Reply #438

Reply #439
Fuck. They mean they'll fuck their own guns.

Reply #440

Reply #441
US Senate candidate proposes arming homeless people with shotguns
"Frankly I think the ideal weapon would be a pistol," he told the Guardian, "but due to the licensing requirements in the state we're going to have a hard enough time getting homeless people shotguns as it is.

"Getting them pistols is probably next to impossible. The pistols need to be registered, people have to have addresses."
Utterly broken people. It never even occurs to him that homeless people who don't own guns need addresses, too.

Reply #442
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/378608-dem-enters-maine-race-against-gop-state-candidate-who-called-parkland

The Republican drew criticism after he made derisive comments on Twitter about Emma Gonzalez, a survivor of the recent school shooting in Parkland, Fla.

Gonzalez, who identifies as bisexual, is one of several Parkland students who have earned a high profile in the media for their push for stricter gun control in the wake of the Feb. 14 shooting, which left 17 people dead.

"There is nothing about this skinhead lesbian that impresses me and there is nothing that she has to say unless you're a frothing at the mouth moonbat," Gibson tweeted in response to a report on Gonzalez's rocketing number of Twitter followers, according to the Sun Journal.

He also criticized David Hogg, another Parkland survivor who has become a prominent activist in the wake of the shooting, calling Hogg "a bald faced liar," the news outlet reported.

"I would like to extend to you my most sincere apology for how I addressed you," he said, according to New York Magazine. "It was wrong and unacceptable. You are doing work that is important to you. I would like to extend my hand in friendship and understanding to you."

They've been in the GOP bubble so long they forget what it's like to have to deal with consequences.

Alternatively, they're just fucking sociopaths.

• ksen
Reply #443
US Senate candidate proposes arming homeless people with shotguns
"Frankly I think the ideal weapon would be a pistol," he told the Guardian, "but due to the licensing requirements in the state we're going to have a hard enough time getting homeless people shotguns as it is.

"Getting them pistols is probably next to impossible. The pistols need to be registered, people have to have addresses."
Utterly broken people. It never even occurs to him that homeless people who don't own guns need addresses, too.

c'mon, that HAS to be lifted from an Onion piece. It HAS to be.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #444

So just ban men

:yes:

we are like 9 times as likely to commit violent crimes

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #445
though I don't want to be banned.  so ban all men but me.

Reply #446
only if you're brown

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #447

They are too quick on the draw and so they do things like tweeting before they pass out.
Are we there yet?

• uncool
Reply #448
The idea being passed around in "moderate" conservative circles (i.e. not "We will hold onto our guns no matter what" crowd and not the alt-right) is a "gun violence restraining order", where police can seize guns on clear and convincing evidence that someone is a danger to themself or others. Marco Rubio endorsed it here:
And it seems the NRA has adopted it.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/nra-gun-violence-restraining-order-support-good-move/

Immediate question is how strong the support will be.

Longer-term question is to what degree this will be designed to just look like they're doing something. Hrm. Maybe not that much of a question.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #449
This approach opens up an intractable can of worms, IMO.
Who decides who is sufficiently crazy/violent/threatening/off-their-meds/whatever to be exempted from the heretofore sacred 2nd Amendment?
Whoever it is, how do they decide it?

Longer-term question is to what degree this will be designed to just look like they're doing something. Hrm. Maybe not that much of a question.
  :sadyes:
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins