• linus
Re: Roy Moore is a pedophile
Reply #426

• Doobie Keebler
  • I've got a lot of problems with you people
Reply #427
Reporters Must Ask Roy Moore How He Received His First Judge's Gavel

I couldn't say why I was rereading Roy Moore's autobiography, So Help Me God: The Ten Commandments, Judicial Tyranny, and the Battle for Religious Freedom, last night.

Maybe it was masochism, or maybe I felt the need to better understand the culture warrior's demented version of American constitutional history, but something was nagging at me -- as if I had forgotten some detail that would pull everything together if only I took the time to read his self-serving screed once again.

Turns out the little voice in my head was right, and I didn't have to endure the whole thing to find it. In Chapter Six, the twice-removed former judge writes about the way he went about decorating his new courtroom after Gov. Guy Hunt appointed him to the circuit court in 1992.

"I began by obtaining a great seal of Alabama," he says, "and a new flag from the administrative office of courts. A friend gave me a brass eagle for the window and a small set of the scales of justice. I used these to decorate the bookshelves behind my bench. Another friend furnished a gavel for my desk."

In the next paragraph, Moore finds the Ten Commandments idol he has built at home and decides it should sit in his courtroom. That decision is what eventually brought the ACLU to his courtroom, launching his career as an evangelical martyr and constitutional pseudohistorian, but it was not the thing I was looking for.

Let's back up: "Another friend furnished a gavel for my desk." What friend was that?

Roy Moore does not say.

And maybe there is a reason.

Let us now recall Debbie Wesson Gibson, one of the women who says she dated or encountered Moore. She was 17 and he was 34 at the time. Recently, Moore has stood behind the pulpits of churches angrily denying that he ever met her or knew Gibson.

Speaking at a community center in the tiny town of Henegar on November 29th, Moore insisted that "I do not know any of these women," including Gibson, saying that their claims were "completely false" and "malicious."

Two days later at a small church in Theodosia, Moore repeated his claim that "I do not know any of these women, did not date any of these women." That includes Gibson.

Of course, Moore told Sean Hannity a month ago that he did know Gibson and another teenager he dated at the time, though he said he could not remember "specific dates" with them.

Earlier this week, Mrs. Gibson showed the Washington Post some receipts of their relationship that she found in her attic -- specifically, her senior scrapbook, which contained both a handwritten graduation card from Moore and a note from her first date with him.

"He called me a liar," Gibson told reporter Stephanie McCrummen. Mrs. Gibson had remained fond of Moore all these years and has described him as a perfect gentleman on their dates. Now she's mad that he pretends not to know her. "Roy Moore made an egregious mistake to attack that one thing -- my integrity," she says.

Although they stopped dating when she left for college, "she said she helped Moore when he was campaigning for circuit court judge in 1982, and remembers tucking fliers under windshield wipers at the Kmart parking lot," McCrummen reported. And:

She said that when she became engaged, Moore insisted on meeting her fiance to make sure he was "good enough for me." She said that when Moore was first appointed as a circuit court judge in 1992, she sent him a gavel engraved with his name and a congratulatory note and that her family and his exchanged Christmas cards some years.

To recap: Roy Moore says that "a friend" gave him a gavel in 1992.

Debbie Wesson Gibson says that she gave Roy Moore a gavel in 1992.

Roy Moore first admitted that he dated Debbie Gibson, but now he has never met her and does not know her.

Reporters need to ask Roy: Who was the "friend" that gave you that gavel you mentioned in your book? Is it the woman Moore now says he never met and never knew?

The only part this author is forgetting is that Moore's supporters ultimately don't give a shit if he's lying or not.
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• Faid
Reply #428
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #429
From ratskep:
Quote from: Seabass";p="2602982
Republicans bein' Republicans.

Alabama Demands Voter ID-Then Closes Driver's License Offices In Black Counties
What happens when a state with a tough voter ID law suddenly makes it much harder for minorities to get driver's licenses? We are about to find out in Alabama.

Facing a budget crisis, Alabama has shuttered 31 driver's license offices, many of them in counties with a high proportion of black residents. Coming after the state recently put into effect a tougher voter ID law, the closures will cut off access -- particularly for minorities -- to one of the few types of IDs accepted.

According to a tally by AL.com columnist John Archibald, eight of the 10 Alabama counties with the highest percentage of non-white registered voters saw their driver's license offices closed.

"Every single county in which blacks make up more than 75 percent of registered voters will see their driver license office closed. Every one," Archibald wrote.

continued...
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• Doobie Keebler
  • I've got a lot of problems with you people
Reply #430
Just a heads up. that article is from 2015 not that things have changed much. A good percentage of those DMVs are now open only one or two days a week or even worse in the outlying predominately black areas they are only open one or two days a month. A fig leaf after the backlash over the closures.

So now when you can travel to the one DMV, when it's actually open in your county, if you don't have all the acceptable documentation and get turned away you have to wait weeks or even a month to try again during the work week.

http://dps.alabama.gov/Home/DriverLicensePages/wfDLOffices.aspx  (dig the days and all that red text which only highlights some of the extremely limited business days)

Thank jebus the Supreme Court rolled back the meat of the totally outdated and unnecessary Voters Rights Act now that institutionalized racism is a thing of the past.

• Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 10:14:48 PM by Doobie Keebler
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

Reply #431

Reply #432

uh. i see.

eta: apparently the point of this is to split the moore vote? well gl w/ that i guess

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #433
Polls are cray.

http://www.businessinsider.com/alabama-polls-roy-moore-doug-jones-election-day-2017-12

Fox poll has Jones up by 10.  Emmerson poll has Moore up by 9.

:stareicide:

Reply #434
landline IVR (emerson) versus cell/land live polling (Fox, which uses a legitimate polling operation for their polls)

This sounds extremely trite, but it's all about who turns out and that's partly why we're seeing such different poll results. Wildly different assumptions about who will make up the electorate. If it's 2016-style, Moore wins +5 or more. If his turnout is depressed at all and Jones can drive up the youth and black turnout, he could win by 2/3 points. I wouldn't be shocked by anything from Jones +5 to Moore +10.

We'll know in about 26 or so hours, I guess.

• Spode
  • I'm sorry.
Reply #435

Reply #436
landline IVR (emerson) versus cell/land live polling (Fox, which uses a legitimate polling operation for their polls)

This sounds extremely trite, but it's all about who turns out and that's partly why we're seeing such different poll results. Wildly different assumptions about who will make up the electorate. If it's 2016-style, Moore wins +5 or more. If his turnout is depressed at all and Jones can drive up the youth and black turnout, he could win by 2/3 points. I wouldn't be shocked by anything from Jones +5 to Moore +10.

We'll know in about 26 or so hours, I guess.

seems like it's hard to model because it's a special election during the christmas shopping season. that's just a weird time for understanding who's likely to vote.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #437
yeah.  might turn on whether the stores all say "happy holidays" or something gay like that

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #438
What the fuck.

No, really, what in the actual honest to god literal jesus christ FUCK:

https://thinkprogress.org/speaker-at-moore-event-says-he-accidentally-went-with-moore-to-a-brothel-with-child-prostitutes-65c9819f8a1e/

One of the introductory speakers was Bill Sailing, who said he served with Moore in Vietnam. Sailing told the story of a night he spent with Moore and a third man, who he did not name. According to Sailing it was the third man's last night in Vietnam and the man invited them to a "private club" in the city to celebrate with "a couple of beers."

Moore and Sailing agreed. According to Sailing, they didn't expect there was anything untoward going on at the "private club" because "there were legitimate private clubs" in Vietnam. The third man drove them to the club in his Jeep.

Sailing said that, when he and Moore arrived, they soon realized the man had taken them to a brothel. The third man, Sailing suggested, essentially tricked them. "I could tell you what I saw but I don't want to," Sailing said mischievously.

"There were certainly pretty girls. And they were girls. They were young. Some were very young," Sailing acknowledged. But according to Sailing, Moore was shocked by what he saw. "We shouldn't be here, I'm leaving," Moore said, according to Sailing.

They asked the third man to leave with them but he didn't want to. So Sailing and Moore took his Jeep and left him there all night with sex workers, who they agreed were underage. The man returned to base the next morning on the back of a motorcycle, Sailing said with a grin.

Reply #439
Amazing
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• uncool
Reply #440

Reply #441
What the fuck.

No, really, what in the actual honest to god literal jesus christ FUCK:

https://thinkprogress.org/speaker-at-moore-event-says-he-accidentally-went-with-moore-to-a-brothel-with-child-prostitutes-65c9819f8a1e/

One of the introductory speakers was Bill Sailing, who said he served with Moore in Vietnam. Sailing told the story of a night he spent with Moore and a third man, who he did not name. According to Sailing it was the third man's last night in Vietnam and the man invited them to a "private club" in the city to celebrate with "a couple of beers."

Moore and Sailing agreed. According to Sailing, they didn't expect there was anything untoward going on at the "private club" because "there were legitimate private clubs" in Vietnam. The third man drove them to the club in his Jeep.

Sailing said that, when he and Moore arrived, they soon realized the man had taken them to a brothel. The third man, Sailing suggested, essentially tricked them. "I could tell you what I saw but I don't want to," Sailing said mischievously.

"There were certainly pretty girls. And they were girls. They were young. Some were very young," Sailing acknowledged. But according to Sailing, Moore was shocked by what he saw. "We shouldn't be here, I'm leaving," Moore said, according to Sailing.

They asked the third man to leave with them but he didn't want to. So Sailing and Moore took his Jeep and left him there all night with sex workers, who they agreed were underage. The man returned to base the next morning on the back of a motorcycle, Sailing said with a grin.

look, what's important is that moore had a principled objection to fucking any under-aged prostitutes. he WENT BACK TO BASE you libtard CUCK

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #442
um
Trump backers send 12-year-old girl to interview accused child molester Roy Moore
And look!
He didn't rape her, even just a little bit!

Game over, libtards!
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• el jefe
Reply #443
so they had a little girl interview moore the other day

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/364308-pro-trump-group-has-12-year-old-girl-interview-roy-moore

the obvious intent was to say "look, he's perfectly safe to have around little girls!  he didn't rape her even once in the entire video!"

apart from everything morally wrong about this, I think it is tone deaf and has potential to backfire.  just the visual of him talking to a little girl is going to remind everyone of the issue (which had reportedly fallen off alabamans' radar....??) and might even help people who hadn't done so yet to picture him creeping on teenagers back in the day.  ...  I don't know if it will, but it might.  fingers crossed.

• el jefe
Reply #444
I'm picturing republican men sharing the video and saying it shuts down the accusers blah blah blah, and having their own little echo chamber party.  and then a republican woman comments that "um... this was a bad idea".

Reply #445
what if they tried this: "just call him roy LESS"

• el jefe
Reply #446
lesse*

• uncool
Reply #447

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #448
Sorry that page doesn't exist. Synopsis?
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• uncool
Reply #449
"AL Senate election:

Roy Moore wants children loved.

Doug Jones wants children aborted.

#Whatslefttoponder?"