Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational:  Also, if you guys think I've been way out of line you can recall me.

Topic: Omnibus Sexual Misconduct Sticky Thread (Read 1861 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Omnibus Sexual Misconduct Sticky Thread
Reply #100
Dude has mental problems
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #101
IMO coercing underage girls into sex is not "mental problems" so much as it's "being a rapist scumbag" but YMMV

Reply #102
Well,  being a rapist scumbag seems like a mental problem to me.

Reply #103
is there a dumb hill you won't die on?

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #104
it's important to maintain the fantasy that no mentally healthy man would ever be a scumbag rapist

Reply #105
it's important to maintain the fantasy that no mentally healthy man would ever be a scumbag rapist
I am confused. Isn't that a direct symptom of having a fucked up brain? Or do you mean that if we called someone sick then they wouldn't be morally culpable and so it wouldn't be ok to condemn them. Because I don't see the problem in condemning a mentally fucked human for their crimes.

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #106
Cognac is brandy.
Not all brandy is cognac.
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Reply #107
Fair enough. I suppose it's a problem with determining what mental problem actually is.  Being rapey fits into a category that I consider a mental problem.  You are welcome to use your own categories.

Reply #108
Eta: also, I am thinking the prevalence of red pill sympathizers is an indication that it may be more an issue of social norms than of mental problems.  I tend to think of being a trump supporter as slightly less of a mental problem than being rapey but it's actually about the same thing.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #109
I am confused. Isn't that a direct symptom of having a fucked up brain? Or do you mean that if we called someone sick then they wouldn't be morally culpable and so it wouldn't be ok to condemn them. Because I don't see the problem in condemning a mentally fucked human for their crimes.

There's a range of culpability for bad acts that mentally unhealthy people commit just as there is with bad acts mentally healthy people commit.

But there's also a tendency to label shitty behavior by men as just a straightforward issue of them being "crazy" or some kind of isolated aberration when a lot of this shit is either directly learned, culturally sanctioned behavior or an extension of that kind of behavior. As an example directly related to this particular scumbag, how many "normal" men have seriously argued that, actually, teenage girls are at the height of female sexual attractiveness, so it's not too crazy to say so even though I would never go after a young girl myself. I'm just saying it's biology.

And look at the crazy shit he wrote in those messages. Tone it down a bit, and the underlying assumptions are the same fucking garbage I've heard from plenty of "normal" men.

Reply #110
True enough. Norms are funny things.

Reply #111

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #112

Up next, OJ Simpson to host TV show where he interviews other men accused of murder. Then Larry Nasser interviews Jared Fogle and other famous pedophiles to find out how they're feeling.

• uncool
Reply #113

Up next, OJ Simpson to host TV show where he interviews other men accused of murder. Then Larry Nasser interviews Jared Fogle and other famous pedophiles to find out how they're feeling.
Maybe they'll take a field trip to prison to visit Bill Cosby.

Guilty, 3 counts aggravated indecent assault.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #114
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #115
haven't read the article yet but what in the actual fucking fuck

• uncool
Reply #116
And resigned.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #117
Good riddance.

look at this piece of shit:

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #118
remember when that schroedinger's rapist piece was making the rounds and guys were all upset about it because it hurt their feelings to hear women say that we don't automatically know which ones of you are dangerous abusers and which ones aren't?

GOOD TIMES

Reply #119

Reply #120
We've been in wonderland since last year.

• uncool
Reply #121
To add to that:

Cyrus Vance, the prosecutor that Schneiderman was investigating for not investigating Harvey Weinstein, is now very prompt in investigating Schneiderman.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #122
USC is at it again!

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-usc-doctor-misconduct-complaints-20180515-story.html

The complaints began in the 1990s, when co-workers alleged he was improperly photographing students' genitals. In the years that followed, patients and nursing staff accused him again and again of "creepy" behavior, including touching women inappropriately during pelvic exams and making sexually suggestive remarks about their bodies.

In recent years, some colleagues feared that he was targeting the university's growing population of Chinese students, who often had a limited understanding of the English language and American medical norms.

Still, Tyndall was allowed to continue practicing. It was not until 2016, when a frustrated nurse went to the campus rape crisis center, that he was suspended.

An internal USC investigation determined that Tyndall's behavior during pelvic exams was outside the scope of current medical practice and amounted to sexual harassment of students. But in a secret deal last summer, top administrators allowed Tyndall to resign quietly with a financial payout.

The university did not inform Tyndall's patients. Nor did USC report him at the time to the Medical Board of California, the agency responsible for protecting the public from problem doctors.

Even the license plate on his Acura declared his dedication to the job: It read COEDDOC, according to DMV records.

:barf:

Within months of the grand opening, chaperones observed behavior in the exam room that unsettled them, according to interviews with current and former employees as well as internal communications and notes reviewed by The Times.

Chaperones were concerned about what Tyndall described as a full body scan for unusual moles. They said Tyndall frequently had women lay naked on the exam table while he slowly inspected every part of their body, down to the area between their buttocks.

yo this is not what gynos do

While he worked, he made comments that the nursing staff found unseemly. He described patients' skin as "flawless," "creamy" or "beautiful," according to multiple people who witnessed the exams or were told about them. They said he remarked on students' "perky breasts."

"They stand right up there, don't they?" one recalled him telling a patient.

He sometimes showed off a photo of his Filipina wife and shared details of their relationship, according to two former patients.

had to lol at this, thanks for ruining everything TR

this piece has made me feel even more justified in my avoidance of male ob/gyns

eta what i meant by "again" = the meth addicted psycho dean: http://talkrational.org/index.php/topic,1426.0.html

Reply #123
pretty sure there's at least one or two more such revelations to come out of Keck.

• uncool
Reply #124