Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: I am not the one with a lynch mod mentality.

Topic: "Raw water" is apparently a thing now (Read 639 times) previous topic - next topic

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Re: "Raw water" is apparently a thing now
Reply #25
Well that's nowhere near san Fransisco.

taking tap water and putting it in custom made glass bottles and transporting it hundreds of miles to a place where there is already drinkable tap water is going to SAVE THE PLANET, okay?
Save some people from too much disposable income anyway.

I guess one benefit about getting water from a clean spring is that it will cut down on Darwin award candidates.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #26
Meep, I need to point out that you've now read a dumber thing than what you posted in your OP.

Tap water. Glorious. In fancy bottles.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #27
Well that's nowhere near san Fransisco.

taking tap water and putting it in custom made glass bottles and transporting it hundreds of miles to a place where there is already drinkable tap water is going to SAVE THE PLANET, okay?
Save some people from too much disposable income anyway.

I guess one benefit about getting water from a clean spring is that it will cut down on Darwin award candidates.

I can help save them from their disposable income if they want to pay my tuition and student loans. The carbon footprint of the electronic transfer of money into my bank account is pretty minimal compared to this fancy tap water bullshit. :meeps:

Reply #28
Portland water has been raw since the water system. We are just now getting some sort of expensive treatment because a federal lawsuit and they found some cryptosporidium in the lake it comes from.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #29
but 2 weeks of profuse diarrhea possibly needing hospitalization never hurt anyone, testy

Reply #30
Well, it hasn't yet. That makes the new treatment facility timely if expensive.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor