Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: crosspost me again and you'll draw back a stump

Topic: What to do about Valor's Physical Threats (Read 277 times) previous topic - next topic

What to do about Valor's Physical Threats
I don't know if this is the right subforum, but here goes ...

...Admins need to be encouraged to follow the rules and ban Valor at least temporarily.  Threats of physical violence need to be penalized.
But Dave, by your own professed standards, as written in this very thread, you support Valor's right to threaten violence as long as he doesn't actually implement his threats. At the moment, he's just another "non-violent Nazi", like the people you admire in Charlottesville.

Wait ... hold on ... let's be clear.  What are the rules in Charlottesville?  THAT is the question.

Likewise ... what are the rules of THIS forum?  THAT is the question.

You're an admin.  Can you give me a straight answer to the following two questions ...

1) Is it or is it not a forum rule violation to make physical threats to a forum member?
2) Am I - Dave Hawkins - guilty of breaking any forum rules right now?  If so, please tell me which ones so I can correct that
Take it to the fucking Town Hall if you really wanna go there.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Re: What to do about Valor's Physical Threats
Reply #1
Fuck off, Dave. Os and I have already stated we are moving those posts to TCH, which is the appropriate response.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #2
No, banning Bart is the logical approach
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #3
Exactly. But she wont. She's soft on him and hard on me. Can you imagine how quickly I would be banned if I threatened people with physical violence? She wouldn't even have to think about it. I would be gone yesterday.

Plus she keeps mischaracterizing my view and just now she sent me a personal message warning me not to accuse her of slander anymore. I'm assuming that if I do she will ban me.

That's some hardcore bias there.

Reply #4
Isn't Bart already banned?

Reply #5
Isn't Bart already banned?

But not the ghost of Bartmas Past

Reply #6
also what does Bart have to do with anything, I have told everyone like a thousand times I am not Bart. I never met the guy. Also I am not a guy I am a girl irl.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #7
Nonsense
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #8
A Bart by by other name still can't help himself

Threatening other people with violence is what Bart would do

You want to stop being Bart?  Then stop acting like Bart
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #9
It's not even that hard to act like a mature adult

Try it sometime
― Mark Twain 🔭

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #10
Exactly. But she wont. She's soft on him and hard on me. Can you imagine how quickly I would be banned if I threatened people with physical violence? She wouldn't even have to think about it. I would be gone yesterday.

Plus she keeps mischaracterizing my view and just now she sent me a personal message warning me not to accuse her of slander anymore. I'm assuming that if I do she will ban me.

I have no intention of banning you, and I certainly would not and could not legitimately ban you for insulting me repeatedly. Obviously you are making that bit up, and everyone knows it. Some would call that a LIE.

I have tried to deal with your frustrating behaviour through pms because it seemed less likely to embarrass you, but now I see I will have to say anything that needs said to you publicly, or you will misconstrue and misrepresent it.

Reply #11
A Bart by by other name still can't help himself

Threatening other people with violence is what Bart would do

You want to stop being Bart?  Then stop acting like Bart

nazi apologist isn't a good look for you

• Faid
Reply #12

Drink some warm milk, dave. It's New Year's Eve.

Here's an advice for 2018:  Treat valor as people nomally treat internet trolling.

Hint: It's the way you treat everyone else  BUT trolls.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.