Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: BWRV removed

Topic: This is a legit cause for violence in the streets of the capitol. As soon as I finish this brownie. (Read 181 times) previous topic - next topic

This is a legit cause for violence in the streets of the capitol. As soon as I finish this brownie.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/sessions-is-rescinding-obama-era-directive-for-feds-to-back-off-marijuana-enforcement-in-states-with-legal-pot/2018/01/04/b1a42746-f157-11e7-b3bf-ab90a706e175_story.html
Attorney General Jeff Sessions has rescinded several Obama-era directives that discouraged enforcement of federal marijuana laws in states that had legalized the substance.

In a memo sent to U.S. attorneys Thursday, Sessions noted that federal law prohibits the possession and sale of marijuana, and he undid four previous Obama administration memos that advised against bringing weed prosecutions in states where it was legal to use for recreational or medical purposes. Sessions said prosecutors should use their own discretion -- taking into consideration the department's limited resources, the seriousness of the crime, and the deterrent effect that they could impose -- in weighing whether charges were appropriate.

"It is the mission of the Department of Justice to enforce the laws of the United States, and the previous issuance of guidance undermines the rule of law and the ability of our local, state, tribal, and federal law enforcement partners to carry out this mission," Sessions said in a statement. "Therefore, today's memo on federal marijuana enforcement simply directs all U.S. Attorneys to use previously established prosecutorial principles that provide them all the necessary tools to disrupt criminal organizations, tackle the growing drug crisis, and thwart violent crime across our country."

The move, first reported by the Associated Press, potentially paves the way for the federal government to crack down on the burgeoning pot industry -- though the precise impact remains to be seen. It also might spark something of a federalist crisis, and it drew some resistance even from members of Sessions's own party.

Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• uncool
Re: This is a legit cause for violence in the streets of the capitol. As soon as I finish this brown
Reply #1

Re: This is a legit cause for violence in the streets of the capitol. As soon as I finish this brown
Reply #2
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ksen
Reply #3
STATE'S RIGHTS!!!!! :whyyou:

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #4
STATE'S RIGHTS!!!!! :whyyou:
Right up there with
BALANCED BUDGET!!!!! :whyyou: 
among Greatest Hits in Republican Hypocrisy
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #5
Funny how liberals always complained against State Rights  because only big government can protect minorities and so Libertarians and Classic Liberal are the racist scums!1.... and now they want State Rights back just because Trump 

Fun how it works, five layers of big galaxy brain

Reply #6
SmartLibertarian I agree with you that Libertarians are racist scums but that would be true regardless of the size and scope of government.

• dinosaurs!
  • Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital
Reply #7

Reply #8
SmartLibertarian I agree with you that Libertarians are racist scums but that would be true regardless of the size and scope of government.

Lol ifgf you go on youtube you see all libertarians video have like 58475578958795 upvotes while the only communist youtubers is that faggot ContraPoints and just because mentally ills idiots with sexual disorders wank at HIM

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #9
The time Pres. Trump said he'd let states decide marijuana policy

BR [interviewer]: I want to drill down on a couple of Colorado issues. So, Chris Christie was one of  the first sort of establishment guys to really jump in with both feet for you. He gets talked about as a possible (Attorney General) pick, but he was also the only presidential candidate who was campaigning saying he would use federal authority to shut down sales of recreational marijuana in states like Colorado.

DT [Donald Trump]: I wouldn't do that, no.

BR: You wouldn't let him, even if you picked him as AG?

DT: Well, I don't know. I mean, you're asking me. I wouldn't, I wouldn't do that, no.

BR: So you think Colorado should be able to do what it's doing?

DT: I think it's up to the states, yeah. I'm a states person. I think it should be up to the states, absolutely.

Promises made. Promises kept!
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #10

Lol ifgf you go on youtube you see all libertarians video have like 58475578958795 upvotes while the only communist youtubers is that faggot ContraPoints and just because mentally ills idiots with sexual disorders wank at HIM

I am glad libertarians have found their own corner to echo chamber on youtube about, we should do everything we can to ensure they stay there and leave the rest of us alone.

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #11
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins