Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: nobody cares.

Topic: Hawaii phone alerts about a ballistic missile (Read 369 times) previous topic - next topic

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Hawaii phone alerts about a ballistic missile
Seeing this all over the place but no other information yet:

Here's to hoping someone fucked up and sent an alert by accident or that it's a hacker.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Re: Hawaii phone alerts about a ballistic missile
Reply #1

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #2
It's okay, everyone. President Soupbrains is here to address the nation and reassure everyone after this scary little fuck-up:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #3
"accidentally" I bet my bubbly bitcoins

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #4
Temporary shortage of water in Hawaii today as several thousand people launder THE PANTS THEY PEED IN this morning.

• MikeB
Reply #5
Urine is sterile, no worries if it dries and no one sees.  :)

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #6
I hope you all appreciate that my reaction to seeing potential news of nuclear war was to shitpost on here to give you ungrateful bastards a head's up.

• Faid
Reply #7
J/K IT'S ONLY A TSUNAMI

YOU SHOULD STILL SEEK SHELTER I GUESS

PROLLY NOT BASEMENTS THO
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
Reply #8
I hope you all appreciate that my reaction to seeing potential news of nuclear war was to shitpost on here to give you ungrateful bastards a head's up.
Literally
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
Reply #9
Seriously though, what caused that screwup? Were they hacked?

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #10
Somebody literally pressed the wrong button during a shift change.

• uncool
Reply #11

• Faid
Reply #12
The man who designed that system deserves a prize. I'm not sure what kind of prize, but a prize.

• uncool
Reply #13
The man who designed that system deserves a prize. I'm not sure what kind of prize, but a prize.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #14
O sure, blame the programmer. I have to deal with this shit all the time. 'How come the operator was able to destroy the conveyor belt?' Because I can't imagine all the possible ways people can be absolutely, unbelievably moronic. Sheesh. These people are supposed to be trained operators.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

Reply #15
fredbear, up against the wall. ;)

This is why I work on airplanes. If operators fuck it up, they die. :D

• Monad
Reply #16
One Tweet and Hawaii goes ballistic

• Faid
Reply #17
O sure, blame the programmer. I have to deal with this shit all the time. 'How come the operator was able to destroy the conveyor belt?' Because I can't imagine all the possible ways people can be absolutely, unbelievably moronic. Sheesh. These people are supposed to be trained operators.
Well, no one can imagine all the ways someone might fuck things up, that's true. But come on, it's not that hard to imagine how, having "missile alert" and "test missile alert" as two options in the same dropdown menu, can provide some pretty good fuckup options.

I suppose maybe there was no other way, of course. And the operator could be a moron- Or just tired and/or sleepy.

• uncool
Reply #18