Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: We've tried every other way.

Topic: Dave presents his OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE of global flood, no badgering! (Read 2264 times) previous topic - next topic

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Re: Dave presents his OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE of global flood, no badgering!
Reply #50
Hey Bluffy, here's the mainstream explanation for the Ellensburg Blue Agates https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8BFvKoabJ0.

Have you an alternative explanation based upon Ye Bigge Olde Fluddes. One that takes into account the actual geology that is actually there?

Such as how the layers involved got tilted? Can't have been during Ye Bigge Olde Fludde, because they are overlain by the Columbia River Basalts, which are level. And no, those did not happen in the last 4500 years. If you think so, you need to explain how thousands of square kilometers of lava up to thousands of meters thick could cool and severely erode In just 4500 years. Make sure you address how this formation is made up of many separate layers (only way you get separate layers like this is to have each one solidify, which in the case of thick layers takes a long time).

Such as how those tilted layers were formed, with the Roslyn Slate (only could have been formed in a shallow body of water over a long period of time in a different climate) on top of the Teanaway Basalt (the result of many floods over a lot time period similar to the Columbia River Basalts), also formed over a flat surface, over the Saulk Sandstone/Slates (again formed in a shallow body of water over a long period of time) which formed on top of the Stuart Range formation which is unquestionally from somewhere other than the PNW and due to its size (cubic miles) would not have been possible for any flood or water event to have moved it to where it is now.

So we have a number of distinct layers (which are physically there and can not be doubted as to their existence, you can go and see them personally, physically touch them, pick up their rocks) each of which had to have taken long periods of time to form and the undeniable fact that there's one layer, the Teanaway, which is a flood basalt, between two sedimentary layers formed in shallow bodies of water. How, exactly, does that happen? How does that happen in just a year? How did that whole sequence get tilted, we are talking about millions of cubic miles over a large area. Can you point to any currently happening floods that can do that? Can you point to any floods anywhere that could do that? No, the Missoula Floods don't hack it. Yes, they moved lots and lots of rock, hundreds of cubic miles of rock, but not anywhere near millions, and they didn't tilt anything.

Oh, by the way, all of those layers have been dated by various radiometrics to millions of years ago, starting with the Columbia River Basalts at around 16 to 10 million years ago and ending with the Stuart formation at over 90 million years ago. But I don't expect you to give that any shrift.

Once you explain all that, then you can explain how those blue agates formed in less than 4500 years.
(Hint - it didn't and can't)

Go for it, Bluffy.

By the way, the video cited is just one of many in the series. You should watch them all. Perhaps when you see the massive amounts of evidence and indeed the complexity you are actually looking at in the real world, you begin to understand just how stupid Ye Bigge Olde Fludde is, even based upon just this little corner of the world. But probably not.

Are we there yet?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #51
Yeah.

You weren't asked to try and find some, Dave.

You were asked WHAT IT IS.

It's not a vast and incredibly thin sheet of sandstone because a) no such vast and incredibly thin sheet of sandstone exists and b) it wouldn't be overwhelming evidence for a global flood even if there was.  GEologists have a perfectly good explanation for layers of sandstone, and indeed for megasequences, that are much better than a single Global Flood.

What is the overwhelming evidence you claim you ALREADY have?
I'm pretty sure this is Fourth Law material.

Afdave's Fourth Law:
Unanswerable questions are invisible.

"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #52
I've posted evidence for the Flood many times before ... some examples better than others ...

Here's one of my all time favorites ...

The sandstone layer that includes the Tapeats but has many different names all across North America ... I was first made aware of the remarkable nature of this sandstone layer by Bill Hoesch of ICR ... https://www.icr.org/article/3342/ ...

This layer is enormous ... covering a majority of the land area of the N. Am continent ...

Also it's incredibly flat ...

And it's incredibly thin ...

There is no process occurring today which could possibly create anything remotely close to such a layer.  (No the Bahamas doesn't cut it)

While you cannot look at this layer by itself and conclude "Global Flood" ... you CAN look at it and conclude ... "Gigantic continent sized hydraulic cataclysm the likes of which has never been equalled in all of recorded history."

From that conclusion, it's only a small step, employing other evidence, to "Global Flood"

You're welcome.
incredibly? you are an idiot, Dave.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #53
One key difference between my Sears customers and my TR customers is ... my Sears customers aren't wearing blindfolds and earplugs.
Says the guy who either ignores or handwaves every single piece of evidence against his beliefs, without fail.

ETA: Look! You're even doing it in this post:
:wave:
It's no coincidence that's your favorite emoji. It's the only response you ever have to counter-evidence. That and:
:cripes:  :lalala:
not true. You only say that because you're wearing a blindfold and earplugs. Just yesterday Pingu presented me with evidence that increased rainfall alone can reverse desertification.  Prior to her presenting that, I would have thought that it was not possible.
That is not the sort of "belief" BtB is talking about.
Even now that you have seen that, I doubt it will change your belief that Allan Savory is right in all of his pronouncements about deserts and desertification.
I believe things that are supported by evidence. Savory's pronouncements are supported by evidence.

But they aren't, Dave. Savory's almost as bad as you are for failing to produce verifiable evidence that his methods work. In fact, some of his claims have been outright proved unverifiable, and some of his 'solutions' have been shown to cause harm

And some of Savory's 'science' is based in pure lack of environmental knowledge, the one field you'd expect him to excel in.

Just concentrate for a moment on his declaring that desert crust is a 'cancer'. Desert crust is essential in retaining moisture and shading young emergent seedlings. Desert crust gradually breaks down into organic matter to build soil. Desert crust promotes plant growth in fragile dry zones, and in arid areas, plants that grow in it have enhanced nutrient content and therefore are beneficial to herbivores that eat those plants. Savory calls it 'cancer'. This is straight up ignorance of a well-known environmental fact.

In fact, you needn't go to a dry desert to see a different version of 'desert crust'. On exposed waste ground virtually anywhere in North America, biological soil crusts of lichen, algae, cyanobacteria, fungi, bryophytes take hold and grow. I've observed lots of them, of several varieties. I've watched as vascular plants sprout and grow because of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_soil_crust

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #54
Dave. Cut the crap.

We're all very familiar with your usual effort of finding some simplistic representation of the earth's geology and claiming that as evidence. This is invariably followed by people bringing up all the other features of those rocks that refute your claim.

We've got lakes orders of magnitude older than your flood, in just the uppermost layers of strata, and you badgered from those threads, or hid behind your ridiculous "scientists hide the real numbers" claim.

How about you wait till you have an explanation for how your flud can account for all geological observations before you try and claim them as evidence. We know that you don't have an explanation, because once we try and dig deeper than "millions of dead things, laid down in layers", then you fall back on abuse, hand waving and sales techniques, before finally something along the lines of "I'm not sure. I need to do further research".
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #55
To further emphasise just how completely shite your "evidence" is, just answer this one question, Dave. If someone gives you the geological strata observed in a location, can you define the top and bottom of the flud sediments?

The answer is, I suspect, no, because as soon as you commit to anything you will be refuted. Part of the reason you post lots and lots of words without saying anything.

So, as I said. Cut the crap. Come back when you can, at the very least, commit to what forms the top and bottom of the flud sediments.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #56
Dave. Cut the crap.

We're all very familiar with your usual effort of finding some simplistic representation of the earth's geology and claiming that as evidence. This is invariably followed by people bringing up all the other features of those rocks that refute your claim.

We've got lakes orders of magnitude older than your flood, in just the uppermost layers of strata, and you badgered from those threads, or hid behind your ridiculous "scientists hide the real numbers" claim.

How about you wait till you have an explanation for how your flud can account for all geological observations before you try and claim them as evidence. We know that you don't have an explanation, because once we try and dig deeper than "millions of dead things, laid down in layers", then you fall back on abuse, hand waving and sales techniques, before finally something along the lines of "I'm not sure. I need to do further research".
Maybe that research can include the Ellensburg Blue Agates. Or perhaps Bluffy can get his buddies at ICR or otherwise to provide him with an explanation?

Like how Ye Bigge Olde Fludde moved the Mt Stuart formation, a granite batholith with a surface area of over 500 sqkm and more several kilometers deep. Perhaps that should include what happened to the rest of the volcanic system that batholith was the bowels of. And maybe how long it took to solidify. Large masses of magma in chambers deep below the surface don't cool off and solidify in a matter of six thousand years.

One thing is for sure, if Bluffy's Bigge Olde Fludde can't explain this really tiny part of the world, it can't explain anything.
Are we there yet?

Reply #57
Ugh.  I smell a badger.
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Sun Jan 14 2018 19:59:03 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
you suck at truth detection. (And spelling)

Reply #58
What are you talking about? Dave already presented his OVERWHELMING evidence: an article from ICR! Hell, just the fact that ICR exists is evidence enough! The fact that they also have articles makes it OVERWHELMING!

Reply #59
That poor dumb bastard has been bluffing all this time? :smug:
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Sun Jan 14 2018 19:59:03 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #60
That poor dumb bastard has been bluffing all this time? :smug:
He is Bluffy, The Grand Great Magnificent Bluffoon of Greater Bluffoonylvania.
Are we there yet?

Reply #61
I suspected it was bad, but holy cow, Dave, I had no idea it was this bad.
On the one hand is Pingu and crew, trying to slow talk you through science, with you badgering off constantly.

On the other hand is you Wally HydroPants, and ICR, posting transparently dumb stuff that no one will come to this forum to defend.

That's all you have after a dozen years?  A pile of pathetic "lies for Jesus" from people who should know better (and in some cases do!) and 12 years or so of running from questions?  The reek of dishonesty and hypocrisy is all over you.

Whelp,
Here ends AFDave's Creator God Hypothesis.

Reply #62
Dave. Cut the crap.

You are so full of shit you're eyes are brown.  I'm going to pull Sloss' comments forward in the hopes that you will actually READ them.

Reply #63
MEGASEQUENCES

That's what we are really talking about here ... and to dig deep into megasequences, we need to consult Laurence Sloss ... here's a nice little PDF with some background on his work ...

Note especially the following paragraphs ...
SEISMIC SEQUENCE STRATIGRAPHY
In the late 1960s, Sloss and Dapples had several exceptional
students, notably Peter Vail, Robert Mitchum, and John Sangree,
who completed dissertations involving Pennsylvanian strata. They
became aware that glacial eustatic changes of sea level could have
been responsible for the numerous widespread unconformities in
the famous cyclothems. Following receipt of their degrees, these
men joined an Exxon research group, which was to develop
modern seismic stratigraphy. They adopted and greatly refined
their mentors' sequence stratigraphy to the interpretation of
subsurface seismic data. They recognized similar successions of
sequences and unconformities on different, widely separated
continental margins, which implied some global cause, perhaps
glacial eustatic fluctuations.

In 1984, Sloss had this to say about his intellectual children:
"This group was pre-adapted to recognize unconformity-bounded
units on reflection seismic records and they are deeply impressed
by the apparent global synchrony of stratigraphic patterns clearly
related to the freeboard of continental margins.
... They find that
they sleep well when they place their faith in eustatic sea levels and
dream pleasant dreams when glacial controls on eustatics can be
invoked" (p. 9-10).

http://www.geosociety.org/gsatoday/archive/24/3/pdf/i1052-5173-24-3-26.pdf
What is your take, Martin, on the words I bolded?

Reply #64
Then in 1988, Sloss had this to say ...
Meanwhile, it is worth considering the proposition that sea level change is a second- or third-order response to some more significant global phenomenon.

https://pubs.geoscienceworld.org/gsa/gsabulletin/article-abstract/100/11/1661/182040/forty-years-of-sequence-stratigraphy?redirectedFrom=fulltext

Gee I wonder what this "more significant global phenomenon" could be!

Love to read this entire paper.
And this ...

Reply #65
Also do you disagree with ICR's work to obtain data from as many worldwide boreholes as possible (1500 and counting) so that they can put them together coherently for analysis? 

If so, why?

Do you know of any mainstream geologists that are doing such a thing?

If not, why not?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #66
You are so full of shit you're eyes are brown.
You should stop using this canned insult Hawkins.  It betrays your racism.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #67
Also do you disagree with ICR's work to obtain data from as many worldwide boreholes as possible (1500 and counting) so that they can put them together coherently for analysis?
Remember ICR people have all signed a pledge.
Whatever data collection, or any other "work" they do has one purpose.
Do you know what that purpose is?

Reply #68
I'm going to pull Sloss' comments forward in the hopes that you will actually READ them.
We all read them when you posted them, Dave. You are the only one who hasn't. You've only "Hawkinzed" them to try to find nuggets you think support you. If you actually read and understood the material, you'd realize it doesn't support you at all. Sloss was writing about transgression and tectonics, not about a global fucking flood. You are so goddamn ignorant it's painful. But that wouldn't be a problem if you weren't so fucking arrogant and so determined never to learn anything that might upset your precious belief system. Why are you unable to look at mainstream geology without trying to mine it for nuggets you think might support a global flood? Why are you unable to look at reality without your blinders?

Reply #69
Lol

It has absolutely f*** all to do with racism. Think about it... If your whole body is full of s*** even all the way up to your eyeballs and all the way up to the top of your head, what color will your eyes be?

Reply #70
Here's a hint... What color is s***? Most of mine is brown.

Reply #71
Here's a hint... What color is s***? Most of mine is brown.
I'm not surprised.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #72
Lol

It has absolutely f*** all to do with racism. Think about it... If your whole body is full of s*** even all the way up to your eyeballs and all the way up to the top of your head, what color will your eyes be?
::) 

Do you really think you needed to explain your childish insult?
Do you really think anyone didn't get your childish point?

Meanwhile, have you noticed that most non-Aryan people on the planet have brown eyes?

Reply #73
Yes. I think you didn't get it. In fact I'm sure you didn't get it because you thought it was racist.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #74
Yes. I think you didn't get it. In fact I'm sure you didn't get it because you thought it was racist.
You are really not very good at reading other people.
In fact, you are really not very good at reading ... anything.

Nobody missed the point of your tediously repetitious childish insult.
It really wasn't that clever.

Would you use it in a face to face argument with a person of Asian or African heritage?
  • Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 08:11:44 AM by VoxRat