Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: 4/5 board policy hobbyists agree.

Topic: Dave presents his OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE of global flood, no badgering! (Read 2374 times) previous topic - next topic

• Pingu
Re: Dave presents his OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE of global flood, no badgering!
Reply #125
and all the other crap flows from there, it turns out.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

Reply #126
Dave, you've been busted.

You have NO "overwhelming evidence".   All you have is argument from incredulity which wouldn't work anyway, but absolutely doesn't work if you don't know the first thing about geology.

of course I have overwhelming evidence. But people wearing blindfolds who stick their fingers in their ears won't be able to see it. It's really simple... We have massive fossil bearing Rock layers all over the world, so we already agree that these were led by water. The only thing we don't agree on is how quickly they were laid. And if you dig into it, you see that its bordering on Insanity no I take that back it's full-blown from another planet insanity to say that these layers were laid in calm Placid Seas over millions of years.

Napoleon in the insane asylum kind of insanity.

Reply #127

You have NO "overwhelming evidence".   All you have is argument from incredulity which wouldn't work anyway, but absolutely doesn't work if you don't know the first thing about geology.

of course I have overwhelming evidence. But people wearing blindfolds who stick their fingers in their ears won't be able to see it. It's really simple... We have massive fossil bearing Rock layers all over the world, so we already agree that these were led by water. The only thing we don't agree on is how quickly they were laid. And if you dig into it, you see that its bordering on Insanity no I take that back it's full-blown from another planet insanity to say that these layers were laid in calm Placid Seas over millions of years.

Rhetoric isn't evidence, Dave.

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #128
Does that even count as rhetoric?
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• uncool
Reply #129
Rhetorical question?

• Zombies!
  • These violent delights have violent ends.
Reply #130

You have NO "overwhelming evidence".  All you have is argument from incredulity which wouldn't work anyway, but absolutely doesn't work if you don't know the first thing about geology.

Post this overwhelming evidence already.  You sound like Senator Joe McCarthy. 
I really should call your department head and tell him or her how badly you are behaving while posing as a credentialed professional scientist.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #131
We have massive fossil bearing Rock layers all over the world, so we already agree that these were led by water. The only thing we don't agree on is how quickly they were laid.
No, that is not the only thing we don't agree on.
And if you dig into it, you see that its bordering on Insanity no I take that back it's full-blown from another planet insanity to say that these layers were laid in calm Placid Seas over millions of years.
No, that is not what you see when you dig into it.
This is not evidence (let alone OVERWHELMING evidence).
It's not an argument.

It's just pure, content-free, bravado.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Zombies!
Reply #132
Millions of dead things, which you disagree with because you can't understand Carbon 14, which you badgered from.
Dave, you know you suck at science?  And honesty.
I really should call your department head and tell him or her how badly you are behaving while posing as a credentialed professional scientist.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #133

of course I have overwhelming evidence. ...  It's really simple... We have massive fossil bearing Rock layers all over the world, so we already agree that these were led by water.
So that's it?
That's your "OVERWHELMING evidence"? 

Are we done here, then?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #134

You have NO "overwhelming evidence".  All you have is argument from incredulity which wouldn't work anyway, but absolutely doesn't work if you don't know the first thing about geology.

Why? many of those deposits have multiple layers of coral reefs in them, stacked on top of each other. How does that form in your fludde?
Why do I bother?

Reply #135
And about those spider tracks laid down in the raging flood?  Got back to Glen about that yet?

Reply #136
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #137
They have useful maps?

Show me
Explain the Ellensburg Blue Agates first.
If you can't explain that little bit of reality with Ye Bigge Olde Fludde, why should anyone take you seriously about the whole world.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #138

Once again argument from incredulity. And ignorance.
Of course, the calm Placid Seas is just another strawman. Yes, the seas were shallow and relatively calm with regard to something like the North Atlantic but certainly not placid all the time. You seem to keep ignoring that the deposition of the various sandstones was by transgressing and receding shorelines.

Not to mention these sandstones are not continuous around the globe, not even across any particular continent.

What a bluffoon.
Are we there yet?

Reply #139
Holy damn but this thread is like reading a script for the next sequel of "Hot Tub Time Machine".    :unsure:

• Zombies!
Reply #140
It took eleven years to figure out that Dave can't let himself find out the truth.
It boils down to Carbon 14, Dave's last puzzle piece.  He refuses to learn about it, we all know what it would mean for him to answer the next three questions that Pingu would ask about whether he understood the last point she made.
He wished us good luck when we said we wanted to talk to him about it, He simply can't let himself find out.
Cowardice.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #141
Arguing the age of the planet with a committed yec is like arguing with the guy in the asylum who thinks he's Napoleon.
There was one young YEC guy at christianforums.com who caved after years of arguing. But he was intelligent. And young.

Reply #142
I had an email exchange with members of a small bible study group after a debate I did at Dawkins old site. The ones I communicated with had been on the fence according to them but we all collectively decided it was possible to be a Xian and not worry if the bible was 100% accurate. The stupidity of creationists was the part they couldn't take.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• Pingu
Reply #143
I can't believe he's back to billions of dead things.

Laid down by water.

Sometimes I wonder if Dave has even seen an ocean.  Or knows that they are full of living things that die.

Perhaps at some level he does though because he never answers the question "why are the fossils overwhelmingly marine?" He knows he's busted but DaveHasToBeRight.

Reply #144

So Dave, Other than the PRATT, "Billons of dead things" which is not evidence, but an argument from incredulity about something you clearly don't even understand, and C14 which you back away from like a cockroach from the light  Where is the evidence?
Where is the OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE?
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Sun Jan 14 2018 19:59:03 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
you suck at truth detection. (And spelling)

• JonF
Reply #145
We have massive fossil bearing Rock layers all over the world, so we already agree that these were led by water.
No, Davie-doodles, we do not agree.

Many were laid under water.

A significant number were not. Which is one of the near-infinite number of items of evidence that disprove a global fludde.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Pingu
Reply #146
We have massive fossil bearing Rock layers all over the world, so we already agree that these were led by water.
No, Davie-doodles, we do not agree.

Many were laid under water.

A significant number were not. Which is one of the near-infinite number of items of evidence that disprove a global fludde.

And, again mirabile dictu, the ones that weren't are of TERRESTRIAL organisms while the ones that are are of MARINE organisms. With some litoral ones in - hey! - litoral deposits!

It's almost like the billions of dead things all died and were buried in the environments in which they lived!

Reply #147

Laid down by water.

Sometimes I wonder if Dave has even seen an ocean.  Or knows that they are full of living things that die.

Perhaps at some level he does though because he never answers the question "why are the fossils overwhelmingly marine?" He knows he's busted but DaveHasToBeRight.

Apparently I know more about oceans than you do.  What happens to those living things when they die?  Do you know?

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #148
Apparently I know more about oceans than you do. 
That is not at all apparent to me.
I doubt that it's apparent to anyone.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #149

Laid down by water.

Apparently I know more about oceans than you do.  What happens to those living things when they die?  Do you know?
Nearly every single one of them, at least of the larger ones, either get eaten or decompose. In the ocean, the little ones often just pile up on the bottom along with the rest of the "snow". That's how the large chalk formations formed.

Considering your views on appearances suggesting design, one has to take your statement that you think it appears you know more about oceans than Pingu, or anyone else, or even the nearest small rock, seems consistent.

Hey, Bluffy, why do we have so few fossils of TRex? As I have pointed out before, they ranged over a sizeable area, some hundreds of thousands of sqkms for several millions of years and they were big. there should be thousands of their fossils around, right?

What a bluffoon.

With the aid of an entire troop of eagle scouts, two chainsaws and a 37mm autocannon, Bluffy couldn't free himself from a wet, rotten paper bag.
  • Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 07:14:45 AM by RAFH
Are we there yet?