Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Do you normally poke a hornet's nest with your dick?

Topic: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World) (Read 211268 times) previous topic - next topic

• Sea Star
  • Not an octohatter
Re: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World)
Reply #34025

Thanks, Dave.
Isn't she pretty! Good lines too.
When is she due?
Eta I miss my Bailey. :(
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Today at 07:50:40 AM
Lol
Sea Star has been trolling me this whole time.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #34026
You are a complete idiot.
You need to find some new ways to say

I got nuthin'      :o   "

This is really boring.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #34027

Thanks, Dave.
Isn't she pretty! Good lines too.
When is she due?
Eta I miss my Bailey. :(
March 25

• Pingu
Reply #34028

How would we go about determining which of us is an idiot, Dave?
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• Sea Star
  • Not an octohatter
Reply #34029

How would we go about determining which of us is an idiot, Dave?
Observation, evidence and logic, of course.
Lol

• Pingu
Reply #34030
It's interesting that Dave has logic in there.  It should be there, of course, but he gets the methodology exactly wrong.  He draws a valid conclusion (well sometimes) from certain premises, then thinks he's done.  Actually worse - he thinks that the validity of his conclusion supports the truth of the premises.

Scientific history is littered with perfectly "logical" conclusions from unchallenged premises that turned out to be false. The empirical revolution was to reverse the process - to test the premise by seeing whether the "logical" consequence in fact occurs.  And if it doesn't - to adjust the premise.

To do that, of course, you have to make honest measurements.  And TLAR is Dave's Get Out Of Jail Free card. 

• Sea Star
  • Not an octohatter
Reply #34031
I had a JW suggest logic had something to do with his conversion. Weird. I wonder if it is a way of dismissing accusations of faith-based 'thinking'.
Maybe it's akin to TLAR. 'well, it makes sense to me!'. Dave uses that a lot.
  (from above) -
''Using our sound logic again we reason that every Farmer in the world knows that applications of manure and urine make good fertilizer for grasses so immediately we know that this occurs also occurs with these grazing herbivore groups.''
 Generalizations meant to sweep away questions. It's a form of preaching.
  • Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 08:40:17 AM by Sea Star
Lol

Reply #34032
If you want to explain why I don't understand Greg Judy's keys to success... go for it.  I'll read your post.

As it stands now it appears that your assertion that I don't is idiotic.

• Pingu
Reply #34033
If you want to explain why I don't understand Greg Judy's keys to success... go for it.  I'll read your post.

I just explained how we would find out, Dave. I don't think you do, because a) I don't think you really know what does drive his success and b) I don't think you are doing whatever it is that he does that makes him successful.  I could be wrong, but it would be perfectly easy to find out.

Read my post on how you would do it.

Warning: it involves actually having some definition of "success" and a way of measuring it.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #34034
As it stands now it appears that your assertion that I don't is idiotic.
She did not "assert" that.
She said
I don't think so
Do you understand the difference between that an "assertion"?

In any case, you seem frequently to confuse what "appears" to you with The Truth.
This is exactly the problem here.
  • Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 08:53:57 AM by VoxRat
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #34035

I just explained how we would find out, Dave. I don't think you do, because a) I don't think you really know what does drive his success and b) I don't think you are doing whatever it is that he does that makes him successful.  I could be wrong, but it would be perfectly easy to find out.

Warning: it involves actually having some definition of "success" and a way of measuring it.
Not to mention, actually measuring it.

Which Bluffy seems rather averse to doing.
Are we there yet?

Reply #34036
And yes, you DO appear to have a Darwin-debased mind.

And while I'm sure I don't "know everything about Greg's operation" in a broader sense - I do know a lot about it.  More importantly, I learned the essential keys to his success.

I don't think so.
Of course you don't.  Because DaveHasToBeWrong.

No.  You don't have to be wrong at all. 

What you do need to do is let go of DaveHasToBeRight.

You'll find it makes you less wrong.
I'll challenge you on this because I'm in the mood.  I could use dozens of examples but let's use this one.

You have stated that I do NOT understand the keys to Greg's success.

I have stated that I do.

How to determine who is correct?

Well, you so far have used 8 acres of pasture to make 2 goats give you milk and now one cow. So you have not done anything yet that demonstrates that knowledge.  I guess there's no way. Conundrum!
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #34037
And yes, you DO appear to have a Darwin-debased mind.

And while I'm sure I don't "know everything about Greg's operation" in a broader sense - I do know a lot about it.  More importantly, I learned the essential keys to his success.

I don't think so.
Of course you don't.  Because DaveHasToBeWrong.

No.  You don't have to be wrong at all. 

What you do need to do is let go of DaveHasToBeRight.

You'll find it makes you less wrong.
I'll challenge you on this because I'm in the mood.  I could use dozens of examples but let's use this one.

You have stated that I do NOT understand the keys to Greg's success.

I have stated that I do.

How to determine who is correct?

That is a very good question, Dave, and one I have been asking you for years.  You seem to have no clue as to how to evaluate which of two conclusions may be correct (or, as I would put it, less wrong).

How would you go about determining who is correct?
Damn. Ninja'd on the next post.

Reply #34038
Observation. Evidence. Sound Logic.
Is that how you determined those refugees were fleeing Caracas?
Don't forget the big picture of what we are talking about here... I have claimed that I understand the keys to Greg Judy's success. You claim that I don't.
Success in Judy's terms seems to me to be more than just the ecological principles at work but I'm just chattering from the bleachers here.

Reply #34039

You are wrong. 

By any measure you like, Greg is succeeding ... increasing carbon, increasing biodiversity, increasing stock carrying capacity, very low inputs, excellent profit ... Etc.

I'm just copying Greg and there's no reason to think I won't have the same success ....

Just as a cook has success if they follow a successful recipe.

You would see this if your brain was not damaged by "the system."

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #34040

You are wrong. 

By any measure you like, Greg is succeeding ... increasing carbon, increasing biodiversity, increasing stock carrying capacity, very low inputs, excellent profit ... Etc.

I'm just copying Greg and there's no reason to think I won't have the same success ....

:rofl:
:rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:no:

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #34041
Think of all the time, money and effort pharmaceutical companies could save using "Hawkins Logic" !
Is there a need for a new vaccine (say, ebola)  ?
No problem!
Salk solved this problem for polio, so all we need to do is do exactly what he did, substituting ebolavirus for poliovirus.
No need to test, just go right ahead and start shooting people up with it!
Just copying Jonas and there's no reason to think they won't have the same success .... 

• Pingu
Reply #34042

You are wrong. 

Well, those are all reasonable measures of success from a sustainability standpoint, and the profit is nice too - makes it a potentiall attractive thing for others to do.

Unless you haven't understood the key to that success, of course.  And that is the question we are addressing, isn't it?

Oh, I'm sure that if you understood the keys to Judy' success, and used them, they you would probably, if the creek don't rise, have similar success, especially as you are in similar environment.

But you've forgotten the question again.  It wasn't "IF you understood the keys to Judy's success (and used them) WOULD you be successful?".

It was "how do we determine WHETHER you understand the keys to Judy's success?"

Do pay attention.

You might be wrong about the keys and/or you might not be using them in the way that Judy does.

Reply #34043
Yabut he was there for 6 MONTHS. 6 MONTHS.

• Pingu
Reply #34044
For some reason this reminds me of a time at my Quaker girls' boarding school when we had a local evangelical preacher come to give our Sunday evening address. 

He said: "A lot of people don't understand how Jesus could take away our sins.  Well, it's like this:"  and he took a big school piano-edition hymn-book in one hand.  "This hymn-book is the burden of our sins."  Then with his other hand, he removed the hymnbook, and said "and Jesus takes the burden from us just like that".  And beamed at us all.

Whereupon 250 Quaker girls went wtf?

Perhaps it's evanglicalism that rots the brain.

Reply #34045
It's like an onion. It's always like an onion.

• Pingu
Reply #34046
An οὐροβόρος.

Reply #34047
"You might be wrong about the keys and/or you might not be using them in the way that Judy does."

Wonderful.

Explain why you think so.

Better yet .... explain what YOU think the keys are.

Reply #34048
Stocks and flows, converters and delays, all wrapped in layers around problem definitions which are also wrapped in layers.

• uncool
Reply #34049
"You might be wrong about the keys and/or you might not be using them in the way that Judy does."

Wonderful.

Explain why you think so.
Because people make mistakes. You are a person, so you make mistakes, so it is possible (which is all Pingu is arguing) that you have made a mistake.