Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: now available as a 12" dub version

Topic: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World) (Read 193002 times) previous topic - next topic

VoxRat, Wally, Dave Hawkins (+ 1 Hidden) and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
  • Pingu
Re: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World)
Reply #24400
Dave: can you think WHY it might be important for rabbits (but not goats, for instance) to eat their pellets?
Something to do with their digestive system I sippose. 

Well, THINK.  You were all about the "terrain" right? 
But here's the deal ... First of all, I don't know how all the traditionally raised rabbits are eating this stuff if it drops through their cage floor ...  and secondly if my system doesn't work over the long term, I may scrap raising rabbits all together.  I'm not that wild about fixed pen systems.

Try formulating a problem statement.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

Reply #24401
 As far as I know, I don't have a problem with my rabbits. So why would I formulate a problem statement?  If you are interested in educating me on this topic, feel free. But at the moment I have no interest in it at all.

• Pingu
Reply #24402
As far as I know, I don't have a problem with my rabbits. So why would I formulate a problem statement?  If you are interested in educating me on this topic, feel free. But at the moment I have no interest in it at all.

Try formulating a problem statement about the problem you are trying to solve.

What are you hoping to achieve?  What are the parameters of success?  What are the outcomes you want to avoid?

ETA: http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/for-students-and-parents/tips-on-writing-a-problem-statement.html
  • Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 09:31:39 AM by Pingu

Reply #24403
Christ Dave, do you have even a shred of empathy for the animals that depend on you? Is there so much as a drop of compassion included in your make-up?
Of course I do.  In fact I have MORE empathy than most other goat owners and rabbit owners.   Which is why I manage them the way I do. Most other owners have wormy and sick animals. I do not.  You raised this objection about cecotrope and now you are ignoring my response.  Gee I wonder why?

Huuuge empathy.  Empathy like you've never seen.  Believe me.  Huuuge.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #24404
Most other owners have wormy and sick animals.
Is that a fact?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #24405
Even most of your own Darwin club members don't say that I am being cruel to my animals.  It's pretty much an insane one woman campaign here I think.

You have been, and continue to be, recklessly and arrogantly cruel and abusive to all the animals in your care.

If you were living where I live you would probably have been prosecuted by now.

Reply #24406
Even most of your own Darwin club members don't say that I am being cruel to my animals.  It's pretty much an insane one woman campaign here I think.

You have been, and continue to be, recklessly and arrogantly cruel and abusive to all the animals in your care.

If you were living where I live you would probably have been prosecuted by now.

The more people who report Dave to the proper authorities, the better.

http://member.hsmo.org/site/Survey?ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS&SURVEY_ID=5060

Let me know if you need his address.

• JonF
Reply #24407
Even most of your own Darwin club members don't say that I am being cruel to my animals.
Everyone says you are being cruel to your animals.  Over and over and over again. With evidence and discussion.

Moran.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Pingu
Reply #24408

Two insane women at least.

• JonF
Reply #24409
We should start a club.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #24410
We should start a club.
Could be a sub-committee of the Darwin Club.
Are we there yet?

Reply #24411
Lol

Reply #24412

Reply #24413
 That doesn't even make any sense, Alfonso.

I'm still waiting on someone to explain to me how traditionally raised rabbits manage to eat their cecotropes when they fall through the cage floor.

• JonF
Reply #24414
I'm still waiting for you to grow a pair and respond in the 14C thread.

BTW, Alfonso's comment made perfect sense. He was pointing out your typical cowardice in not acknowledging your lie about Borealis' "one woman crusade.

Reply #24415
The cecotropes are larger so they don't fall through the wire mesh of the hutches. The fecal pellets are smaller so they do fall through.

Reply #24416
 I see. So I guess they must eat them pretty quickly after excreting them because I never see them in my fixed cages.  Which brings up my next question... Why wouldn't my rabbits in the mobile colony also eat them quickly before the pen moves very far?

I'm thinking that Borealis didn't think through this objection very well before posting it.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #24417
I see. So I guess they must eat them pretty quickly after excreting them because I never see them in my fixed cages.  Which brings up my next question... Why wouldn't my rabbits in the mobile colony also eat them quickly before the pen moves very far?

I'm thinking that Borealis didn't think through this objection very well before posting it.

Oh for fuck's sake, Dave, this is not a 'gotcha' hunt. I care quite a bit about animal welfare, you know that. It's the very basis of my dislike for your contraption.

I asked you about whether your rabbits were getting this essential bit of nutrition. You did not know anything about it, didn't even read the quote, didn't recognise the words. A normal person would then try to observe their rabbits enough to find out whether or not they were able to eat it given they are in a moving structure. You said you weren't going to do anything about it. Of course that pisses me off - you're again demonstrating that you don't give a shit about your animals and don't care if they are unhappy or unhealthy. For you it's a case of 'if they live, works for me, if they die, fuck 'em'.

Reply #24418
Good God

Reply #24419
 She is supposedly such a champion of animal welfare  while I am such an evil persecutor of animals but she doesn't even notice that my rabbits  have much more freedom of movement / variety /  interaction with other rabbits etc plus much better nutrition than the typical caged rabbit.

Like I suggested, maybe she's bipolar.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #24420
She is supposedly such a champion of animal welfare  while I am such an evil persecutor of animals but she doesn't even notice that my rabbits  have much more freedom of movement / variety /  interaction with other rabbits etc plus much better nutrition than the typical caged rabbit.

Like I suggested, maybe she's bipolar.

And maybe you are clumsily attempting to deflect and make excuses for your airheaded and misguided mechanical approach to animal welfare.

You consummate ass, I'm not a huge fan of rabbits in small cages either. As for your rabbits getting better nutrition, that's only your opinion. You have no idea whether they are getting appropriate amounts of varied foods, and you don't know if they are even able to eat the essential nutrients that they manufacture for themselves.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #24421
bipolar.
Projecting again.
You really have no idea how transparent you are, do you?

Hint: what is lithium prescribed for?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #24422
Now Borealis wants me to analyze the nutrition of my rabbits. How? In a lab? Maybe I should do that for all the wild rabbits too?

Reply #24423
Hell why stop at wild rabbits?  Why not set up little clinics all over the county for ALL the wildlife in the county? Sort of like well baby checks?  

• MikeS
Reply #24424
Now Borealis wants me to analyze the nutrition of my rabbits. How? In a lab? Maybe I should do that for all the wild rabbits too?
Dave,
Your moving cage is a "CHANGE" to the conditions of raising Rabbits.
Rabbits eat their cecotrope, usually expelled at dusk or dawn.
The question is:

"Does your moving cage prevent your Rabbits from acquiring and eating their cecotrope?"

All it takes is an afternoon and early morning of observation.
1) Run cage as normal, stopping at 10pm and starting at 5am.
2) Watch Rabbits in afternoon while some expel cecotrope(s). Do they eat them?  Do they lose them to movement of cage?
3) Watch Rabbits in morning while some more expel cecotrope(s).  Do they eat them?  do they lose them to movement of cage?

Pretty simple challenge there champ.