Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational:  It's good to be vig

Topic: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World) (Read 209225 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World)
Reply #33700
Lol

I hit a nerve.

Is that what you call uttering and publishing vicious unsupportable lies?
Same as it ever has been, Dave, support or retract.
Demonstrate my knowing and willing use of human slaves.

It's too much to expect you to stop lying.  But on this issue, you get no pass from me.
Support or retract.

Reply #33701
But I'm not minimizing  the horrors of human slavery. I am one of the most anti slavery people you will meet.  I - and Walter - are simply observing the massive amount of energy required to produce food by raping soil. Something like 10 units input for 1 unit output. If we are going to continue to produce food via soil rape, then the energy has to come from somewhere... Either human or fossil fuel.

Reply #33702
But I'm not minimizing  the horrors of human slavery. I am one of the most anti slavery people you will meet.

Echoing Trump on, what was it? feminism?

I - and Walter - are simply observing the massive amount of energy required to produce food by raping soil. Something like 10 units input for 1 unit output. If we are going to continue to produce food via soil rape, then the energy has to come from somewhere... Either human or fossil fuel.

Again, why do you discard hydroelectric, geothermal, tidal energy, wind or nuclear as alternatives?

• uncool
Reply #33703
But I'm not minimizing  the horrors of human slavery.
Yes, you are. You are comparing situations that are nowhere near slavery - that do not have the aspects that make slavery truly horrifying - and name them slavery, implicitly saying that they are comparable.
I am one of the most anti slavery people you will meet.
No, you are not. You have done more to justify slavery than nearly anyone I have met. Remember your defense of John C. Calhoun's practice of slavery?
  I - and Walter - are simply observing the massive amount of energy required to produce food by raping soil.
And, minus the word choice of "rape", that's a fine observation. Which has nothing to do with the problem of using the word "slavery" to describe something that is nowhere near slavery.
  • Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 01:56:32 PM by uncool

Reply #33704
Brains on Darwin.

• uncool
Reply #33705
Oh, and Dave, you still have yet to answer this (since the answer you did give was clearly wrong):
Dave, your analogy, if you think it through well, demonstrates the exact opposite of your point.
Oh?

How's that?
I'll walk you through it.

Why is reading generally necessary? What essential function does it perform?

Reply #33706

Then you better take this up with your god as he seems to think slavery is hunky dory, what with all the instructions as to how to keep them.

Reply #33707
But I'm not minimizing  the horrors of human slavery.
Yes, you are. You are comparing situations that are nowhere near slavery - that do not have the aspects that make slavery truly horrifying - and name then slavery, implicitly saying that they are comparable.
No, you are not. You have done more to justify slavery than nearly anyone I have met. Remember your defense of John C. Calhoun's practice of slavery?
  I - and Walter - are simply observing the massive amount of energy required to produce food by raping soil.
And, minus the word choice of "rape", that's a fine observation. Which has nothing to do with the problem of using the word "slavery" to describe something that is nowhere near slavery.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^This, Dave.
You attempt to excuse a contemptible with another and then go on to debase another word of it's real meaning and significance.  You can't rape non-living stuff, Dave.  All you can do is use it.  Don't you proclaim the book that proclaims we are directed to so do?

You are beneath contempt.

• uncool
Reply #33708
Dave, you are trying to use words - slavery, rape - for their moral valence, but for situations that are nowhere near morally comparable. That demeans the usual meaning of the words. That is why you are being called on your word choice.

Reply #33709
Whatever.

Reply #33710
Whatever.

Way to take responsibility, dude!  Way to rise up and do better!
What an exemplar of moral reasoning and moral behavior!

I'm sure we're all edified by the pure holy insight conveyed in 'Whatever'.
Thank you for your teachings Brother Dave.

• Pingu
Reply #33711
I cringe every time I eat a salad at Olive Garden because I'm thinking about the migrant workers in California who are so poor and so overworked who are the ones who provide that lettuce for me.
Then why do you eat salad at olive garden?
inorite?
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• Pingu
Reply #33712
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• uncool
Reply #33713
Well, if your response is now "whatever", you should be able to turn your attention to other questions. Like:
Oh, and Dave, you still have yet to answer this (since the answer you did give was clearly wrong):
Dave, your analogy, if you think it through well, demonstrates the exact opposite of your point.
Oh?

How's that?

Dave?

Reply #33714
I cringe every time I eat a salad at Olive Garden because I'm thinking about the migrant workers in California who are so poor and so overworked who are the ones who provide that lettuce for me.
Then why do you eat salad at olive garden?
inorite?

It's Brother Dave's Sacrament of the Fulfillment of the Labor of Slaves[sic].
Why, he's practically Mother Theresa (after a bad sex change, but it's all part of the Great Work)!
He validates their suffering by consuming the fruits of their forced labor.  (Okay, it sounds better in the original German.)

Reply #33715
Well, if your response is now "whatever", you should be able to turn your attention to other questions. Like:
Oh?

How's that?

Dave?

He thinks that reading is a necessary skill for reading can labels and grocery store aisle signs. But in Dave's new world, everybody will make their own food, so there will be neither labelled cans nor grocery stores. No reading skills necessary.

Reply #33716
So Walter Haugen has simply observed that modern agriculture that's based on tillage requires an enormous amount of energy ... historically provided by human energy in the form of slaves... But currently provided in the form of fossil fuel energy.

Now Walter thinks that we're going to run short of fossil fuel and thus the price will Skyrocket. I don't know whether he's correct or not but what I DO know is that there are much lower energy input ways to produce food, one of which I am currently practicing myself.

Animal foods produced in a rotational grazing scenario such as I have can be produced with far less energy input per calorie of food output than tillage based foods. Add to this the fact that animal-based Foods are more healthy than the  refined carbohydrates based foods produced by tillage ... plus, animal Food production if done correctly can actually improve ecosystems rather than destroy them.

Reply #33717
So my food production solution is an absolute no-brainer ... at least to those whose brains are not on Darwinism.

• uncool
Reply #33718
I'm pinching myself. Am I really having a conversation with someone online who seems to think that Universal reading is not a necessary skill?
Hey Dave,

Were you referring to me with this post?

Because if so, then you have really botched your reading of my post.

Reply #33719
So my food production solution is an absolute no-brainer ... at least to those whose brains are not on Darwinism.

Yeah. No sign of brain activity in your system.

Reply #33720
Lol. I made a delicious salmon salad for lunch today with fresh sage, chives, spinach, garlic greens, parsley, oregano and thyme from the garden and salmon i pulled from the river last fall. The olive oil and balsamic vinegar and feta came from trader joes but im ok with that. I do make my own mayo usually with fresh eggs but i dont make my own vegetable oil. And i didnt use mayo on this salad.
<recipe needed> 😉
Why do I bother?

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #33721
How many miles per year do drive, Dave?
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

Reply #33722
I'm pinching myself. Am I really having a conversation with someone online who seems to think that Universal reading is not a necessary skill?
Hey Dave,

Were you referring to me with this post?

Because if so, then you have really botched your reading of my post.
Or perhaps you were not clear.

Reply #33723
Lol. I made a delicious salmon salad for lunch today with fresh sage, chives, spinach, garlic greens, parsley, oregano and thyme from the garden and salmon i pulled from the river last fall. The olive oil and balsamic vinegar and feta came from trader joes but im ok with that. I do make my own mayo usually with fresh eggs but i dont make my own vegetable oil. And i didnt use mayo on this salad.
<recipe needed> 😉

That pretty much is the recipe minus salt and pepper and baking the salmon with lemon and fresh rosemary first. It was delicious btw.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #33724

Ah, that's how you came up with it!