Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: A Safe Place

Topic: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World) (Read 210882 times) previous topic - next topic

• Sea Star
  • Not an octohatter
Re: Economics of "Saving Agriculture" (Thereby Saving the World)
Reply #33975
Dave, do you have a photo of Natalie you'd share with us? Guernseys are such pretty cows. Thanks :)
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Today at 07:50:40 AM
Lol
Sea Star has been trolling me this whole time.

Reply #33976
How the hell could I not know everything about it working there full-time for 6 months? Jesus Christ.

Because 6 months is all you need to learn everything about anything amirite?
No you idiot. 6 months is long enough to run to and fro all over his farm and determine for sure that he doesn't have any such nonsensical thing as emergency shelter for his cows.

Reply #33977
Dave, do you have a photo of Natalie you'd share with us? Guernseys are such pretty cows. Thanks :)
Yes. Tomorrow.

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #33978
here you go...

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• Photon
  • I interfere with myself
Reply #33979
Dave, are you intending any of your surplus raw cow milk to be made for sale to others?

Not sure if you are aware of Missouri regulations on this...

http://s1.sos.mo.gov/cmsimages/adrules/csr/current/2csr/2c80-3.pdf

• nesb
Reply #33980
How much milk does one man even need? Dave, if you start doing squats, you'll be built like Arnold Schwarzenegger in about a year.

• Fenrir
Reply #33981
Dave, are you intending any of your surplus raw cow milk to be made for sale to others?

Wasn't paying much attention but David appears to think he can circumvent the regs by making the rubes provide their own containers and filling them on demand direct from cow in paddock via cheap vacuum pump.

BIG BUTTONS!!!
It's what plants crave.

Reply #33982

Maybe.  And yes I'm aware.  Selling milk is not a high priority for me.  If your goal is money from animal husbandry, sheep have a much better labor / profit ratio.

• Photon
Reply #33983

Maybe.  And yes I'm aware.  Selling milk is not a high priority for me.  If your goal is money from animal husbandry, sheep have a much better labor / profit ratio.

Then why have a cow, if two goats supply your milk needs?

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #33984
He already explained that. Its to improve the soil impact. I think thats his new term for 'majic poop and stomping'.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

Reply #33985

Where do you think he thinks chocolate milk comes from?

Reply #33986
Butter and cheese man
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• Photon
Reply #33987
Butter and cheese man
Those require labour.  Dave's all about reducing labour.

• Pingu
Reply #33988
How the hell could I not know everything about it working there full-time for 6 months? Jesus Christ.

No you idiot. 6 months is long enough to run to and fro all over his farm and determine for sure that he doesn't have any such nonsensical thing as emergency shelter for his cows.

So "his entire operation" = "not having an emergency shelter for his cows"?

What an asshole you are, Dave.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• Pingu
Reply #33989
Butter and cheese man
Those require labour.  Dave's all about reducing labour.

When it's convenient to the point he is making.

Reply #33990
I think a micro-diary is affordable and relatively low on labor. It would mean inputs, of course - you'll need brine and rennet and something to cover your cheese with. But you can make damn fine Gouda, especially once spring kicks into gear, and it would give you calories you can store for years.

• Fenrir
Reply #33991
Re Gouda:

Where would David age it?

In his car?

In a custom hay-stack?

A tarp lean-to?
It's what plants crave.

Reply #33992

Close friends - including my mother - won't drink goat's milk.  But they WILL drink cow's milk.  I probably won't even milk the goats this year bc I should have plenty of cow's milk and I already learned what I needed to know in the two years I milked the goats. And yes, animal impact.  And cow patties for the chickens.

Reply #33993

Reply #33994

:facepalm:

No.  It's YOU that's being the asshole.

Borealis implied I was stupid for not having emergency shelter for my animals.  I said no one around here who has cows has emergency shelter.  Greg Judy doesn't have emergency shelter.  I know ... I was there for 6 months.  You came back with an asshole wisecrack about 6 months being enough time to learn everything.  Now you're still trying to be an asshole but it's not even making sense.

• Pingu
Reply #33995

:facepalm:

No.  It's YOU that's being the asshole.

Borealis implied I was stupid for not having emergency shelter for my animals.  I said no one around here who has cows has emergency shelter.  Greg Judy doesn't have emergency shelter.  I know ... I was there for 6 months.  You came back with an asshole wisecrack about 6 months being enough time to learn everything.  Now you're still trying to be an asshole but it's not even making sense.

You scoffed at borealis because you thought it was obvious that six months with Greg Judy would tell you "everything about" his "entire operation".

I don't think you learned everything about Judy's entire operation in six months.  tbh I think whatever you did learn is wiped out by the impression it gave you that you learned everything.

People who think they know everything are far more ignorant than people who know that they only know a little.

Reply #33996
Jesus Christ.  The context of "I know everything about his operation" was ... emergency shelter.  IOW ... "I have been through his entire operation and traversed every corner of his farm and spoken with him at length and there is not a shred of evidence that he has any such thing as emergency shelter."

Reply #33997
And yes, you DO appear to have a Darwin-debased mind.

And while I'm sure I don't "know everything about Greg's operation" in a broader sense - I do know a lot about it.  More importantly, I learned the essential keys to his success.

• Pingu
Reply #33998
Jesus Christ.  The context of "I know everything about his operation" was ... emergency shelter.  IOW ... "I have been through his entire operation and traversed every corner of his farm and spoken with him at length and there is not a shred of evidence that he has any such thing as emergency shelter."

Glad to have your clarification, Dave.

• Pingu
Reply #33999
And yes, you DO appear to have a Darwin-debased mind.

And while I'm sure I don't "know everything about Greg's operation" in a broader sense - I do know a lot about it.  More importantly, I learned the essential keys to his success.

I don't think so.