Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: all dead and empty except for a few baboons braying among the ruins

Topic: Brownbeck Resigns (Read 287 times) previous topic - next topic

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Brownbeck Resigns
GOP finally had enough and gave him a ceremonial thing to get him out of the way.

• Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 04:31:44 PM by ravenscape

Re: Brownbeck Resigns
Reply #1
enough? you mean he had done as much damage as possible so his service was no longer needed?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #2
Pretty much, yeah.  they had to do things like reduce school to 3 days a week because Kansas was hemmoraging so badly after cutting taxes so deeply.

Reply #3
Pretty much, yeah.  they had to do things like reduce school to 3 days a week because Kansas was hemmoraging so badly after cutting taxes so deeply.

:stare:

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #4
tax cuts lead to higher revenue.  it's counterintuitive, but true!

"but we cut taxes like you said, and revenue fell"

obviously we didn't cut them enough!

• uncool
Reply #5
I vaguely remember Brownback saying that Kansas could be an experiment to demonstrate conservative claims about taxes, from back when I watched Maddow a lot. Can't seem to find quotes from him about it being an experiment - anyone remember them better than me?

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #6
I vaguely remember Brownback saying that Kansas could be an experiment to demonstrate conservative claims about taxes, from back when I watched Maddow a lot. Can't seem to find quotes from him about it being an experiment - anyone remember them better than me?
Google Kansas libertarian experiment.

• uncool
Reply #7
Google Kansas libertarian experiment.
Gets a bunch of news sites calling it that, but his quotes are rare.

Did manage to find it (one site finally had the short quote "a real live experiment", which helped me find a longer quote); it was on Morning Joe.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=juDv41jovEA

Right at the end, about 8:10. Thanks, Republican Governors Association!
  • Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:53:33 PM by uncool

Reply #8

These are people who send their money to rich televangelists in Florida mansions because they believe it will be a "seed" that grows into future prosperity. I don't think they've exactly got a mental lock on the scientific method.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #9
And now Brownbeck gets to walk away from the mess to a silly but nonetheless honored career as an "ambassador". With a lot of luck benefiting the rest of us), it's possible he won't fuck that up as well.
Are we there yet?

• dinosaurs!
  • oppressed by the SJW gynostate
Reply #10
"my job here is done," brownback said as he floated into the sky on his umbrella, an emaciated george banks crying and sucking the marrow out of the bones of his children beneath him

Reply #11
Given Brownback's association with the dominionist New Apostolic Reformation, it will be interesting to see how he sees fit to define and promote religious freedom.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #12
"my job here is done," brownback said as he floated into the sky on his umbrella, an emaciated george banks crying and sucking the marrow out of the bones of his children beneath him

lolololol

this is going in the memescape