Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Every once in a while, the reality of what it means to be participating in this thread sinks in and the mundanity of life smacks me in the face like a wet, herpes infected carp.

Topic: Norton's Empire: Day 5 (Read 1189 times) previous topic - next topic

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Norton's Empire: Day 5
A body has washed up on the shore near the Ferry Building sometime in the middle of the night.  When news spreads of the pathetic remains of the youg women (woman?  she was just a child!) who died sometime early this morning, you thought it was suicide at first.  Who could blame the poor child after the shock of losing her beloved Emperor last night?   It was a shock to everyone.

But, the livid bruises on her neck and arms tell a different story - one of struggle.  Of murder.

Magicziggy was

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Emperor and his Little Countess are both dead, along with many other of the notable and not-so-notable, but the Empire lives on.

Resolute, you walk to City Hall.

You may elect another mayor if you wish.

Alive

borealis
Spruce
Y.B
rachmarie

Dead
Testy Calibrate, 1-shot co-commuter
teeming brown mass 1-shot loyal bread vendor
MikeS, 1-shot ascetic bus driver
divagreen, 2-shot amnesiac motion detector
timewave - 2-shot jailkeeper
laughing dog - 2-shot watcher
deadlokd - loud inventor
Nostrum - love note messenger
Magicziggy - Day 1 beloved sex worker

Day 5 begins!

Nightfall will be on Wednesday, Midnight US Eastern Time (Thursday, 5 AM GMT)
  • Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:24:06 PM by ravenscape

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Re: Norton's Empire: Day 5
Reply #1

Reply #2
sigh

we have 4 left and one is scumz

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #3
Somebody like Grit had a kill shot.

You or YB, rach? And don't give me your 'I don't bus', speech.

I gotta go to bed now, but before the day ends I'll see you or YB lynched.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #4
Lesson: if you think MZ is scum, no matter how logical he sounds, he's scum.

Reply #5
I still think it is yb

I wanted him lynched not Nos yesterday

##VOTE  yb ##

Reply #6
I am trying to figure out though how MZ had two votes? wait the thingy he got from Aden must have turned him into a double voter.

• grit
  • redolent needling balm
Reply #7
There does seem to be some as yet unrevealed weirdness mechanic-wise and Mz-wise and maybe even nostrum-wise. I can't tell if Mz meant for his nostrum vote to count or meant to squeak it in after Nightfall. But had he let his unvote of rach stand he would have been the next lynch with the mayor's 1.5. He might not have known that though, since several players were around and the vote could have resolved elsewhere. But then the rest of the after-voting has me puzzled too.

I know bo isn't scum. I've been conflicted on rach. She seemed odd Day 1, but there's this whole mafia womenz Zen thing, I think maybe even bo started it way back when (no, not to the dinosaur ages, who said that?).  Day 2 Scum TW makes a huge point of rach NOT possibly scum due to a 2-2 Day 1 tie with Testy that wasn't really a tie. Later rach comes in and doesn't even mention that but gets very defensive to Y.B & Mz who then lynch-votes her (LOL, Mz was making all the womenz lose their Zen).  And she opens Day 2 with almost the exact same sentence TW had used, "Well looks like town is going to have to work hard this game" (#62). But Day 3 she is definitely around at eod when Scum #2 LD goes down. It would have been so easy to switch to DL after bo & I unvoted LD - well, apart from her having just defended DL.

I still think poe favours Y.B as scum. I know he inadvertently saved my life by confirming my visit to bo, but he sort of had to at that point, and his original Day 2 role-reveal out-of-the-blue under no pressure, but just to fos rach seems odd. Maybe just newish or used to sites where the role-reveal like crazy. It's the voting record that looks the worst.

Also, we have to be right today.

• grit
  • redolent needling balm
Reply #8
@@VOTE borealis@@

• Y.B
Reply #9
Quote from: grit link=msg=157112
I still think poe favours Y.B as scum. I know he inadvertently saved my life by confirming my visit to bo, but he sort of had to at that point, and his original Day 2 role-reveal out-of-the-blue under no pressure, but just to fos rach seems odd. Maybe just newish or used to sites where the role-reveal like crazy. It's the voting record that looks the worst.

This is my second game of Mafia ever, so "newish" is right. At this point I agree with borealis that it's either rach or me, and since it isn't me, it's rach.

##VOTE rachmarie##

Reply #10
I did not mention it because I knew it was not a tie due to the mayor vote

and yeah it is MYLO if we mislynch today we lose. Of coruse since no lynch is not an option in this setup like it is at MS, I went in bold with my scum read even if I was too late yesterday.

@@VOTE  bor @@

• grit
  • redolent needling balm
Reply #11
I did not mention it because I knew it was not a tie due to the mayor vote
I meant, it maybe speaks in your favour that you made no attempt whatsoever to 'cash in' on the delicate vote situation. You haven't much on the Scum LD delivery either, even though poked by bo about it.

Just for handy info, here's some things:
Testy - Mary Ellen Pleasant, Imperial 1-shot co-commuter.
Teething - Isadore Boudin, Imperial 1-shot loyal bread vendor
MikeS - Charles Crocker, Imperial 1-shot ascetic bus driver
diva - Samuel Clemens, Imperial 2-shot amnesiac motion detector
Timewave - The US Congress, American  2-shot Jailkeeper
laughingdog - The Democratic and Republican parties American  2-shot Watcher
Deadlokd - Ah Toy, Imperial loud inventor and San Franciso's first Chinese Madam.
Nostrum - Emperor Norton, Imperial Love Note Messenger.
Magicziggy - Minna Rae, Imperial Day 1 beloved sex worker.

___ claims ____
Y.B - "Albert S. Evans. editor of the Alta California newspaper. Imperial Editor-in-Chief, in fact. Sometimes I may receive news stories other townies are not privvy to. ..my role PM doesn't say 'reporter' anywhere, so I don't know about that part". Diva said, "when I think about it I don't think a named townie wld be a fakeclaim that raven wld give and I don't think that yb wld have thought to claim that."
rach - "Henry Wells one of the two founders of the bank Wells Fargo, compulsive day 1 neighborizer." - claims randomly assigned by GM to Scum LD. LD confirms neighborized.
Borealis - "hate outing 7 hours early but no choice, looking at the current votes [3.5 to 1]. I'm a one shot town vig". >she immediately votes Scum TW.
LOL, she gets a brief reprieve then is put back into lynch-lead despite claim. Then several move to me, putting me in lead. I claim.
grit - Levi Strauss of Colma, JOAT, 1-shot Riveted-Pants (Weak Doc), 1-shot Sensor.
Borealis goes back into lead, then several move to me despite my claim. I'm saved in the end by players moving to absent MikeS.
Day 3 I confirm borealis who also claims TW kill. Y.B confirms me as visiting bo.

Everyone left have confirmed roles, and bo has confirmed alignment. rach's role is only scum-confirmed, but like Y.B's claim, "half of Well's Fargo" is weird enough there has to be some truth in there. rach has seemed more game-solvy, but Y.B still has the fresh-off-the-boat new-mafia smell. I agree with diva that Y.B wouldn't likely pull "named townie" out of the air, and I'm not thinking TW or LD would, so raven would have to had helped, and I don't remember her ever doing that.

There's still tons of other weird game stuff I just can't wrap my brain around > like the halves and "co-"s, and all that weird "Sam Brannan" stuff. I mean, diva was town and claimed "Sam Brannon" after rach brings it up, but then flips an entirely different Sam. Was all the flavour just nostalgic distraction? And the "co-"/ "half" "loyal"/"innocents" stuff too? It seems rach was at least legitimately trying to figure out things like "loud".

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #12
Thanks for the summary. grit.

All three of you look more town than scum, so I'm really really conflicted. Am I right that you killed MZ? If so, pretty sure that puts rach and YB as the choice that has to be made. Because while bussing is a grand thing, I can't see scum deciding to bus MZ at this point by literally killing him just to make the equally suspected grit look good. Much saner to kill a townie.

• grit
  • redolent needling balm
Reply #13
So am I right to think that yesterday rach and I would have been on Y.B, with Mz and bo on rach, and Y.B trying to follow Mz's lead? I know that's not how it wound up, but that was the intent, right?

##VOTE rachmarie##

Without further insights I think this is right.  That's mostly based on gut read that rach knows what's going on compared to Y.B being the new kid in town. I think were it Y.B we'd have picked up on more in-thread 'help' from TW.

Reply #14
I thought Aden (DL) would flip Sam Brannan because his role as an inventor seemed to fit that particular person, Diva was Samuel Clemens though (Mark Twain) not Sam Brannan. 

I also popped up and mentioned that Levi Strauss was a real person and someone who also got rich during that time period in real history which is all I can speak too since I never read the book.

Why would TW post in thread help to a newbie scum instead of in their PT we always have day talk here for scumz its not like they close the thread during the day which is done a lot at MS.

Also I don't bus I really do not bus I would not have posted a town read on Aden (DL) and then stayed on LD like I did. In fact I would not have had to vote for Aden, I just had to get off of LD who was scum and vote for someone else. Instead I stayed on LD because I thought he was scumz.

and lo and behold I was right.

I am town and I have no way to prove that to you, but I am town, and there is such a thing as newbie scumz

Also why on earth would I help you mayor bor if I was scumz

I have done everything I can to help figure out scumz especially after we lost Diva and you think I am scum

Did you think that Raven might offer a fake claim for someone to be Fargo?  It is role madness after all so it makes sense for the scumz to have good fake claims.

Reply #15
And it was a fake claim and I did not buy it, LD was the one who claimed to be Fargo not yb

I am sure hes the last scum

##VOTE  final yb ##

Reply #16
also MZ was not bussed he was town

• grit
  • redolent needling balm
Reply #17
##UNVOTE ##

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #18

Thanks. I do not know why I had that particular brainfart - since this morning.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #19
##VOTE YB##

Maybe.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #20
Mayor Vote

borealis 2 (grit, rachmarie)

Vote Count
Y.B: 2 (rachmarie, borealis)
rachmarie: 1 (Y.B)

Nightfall is 3 hours 43 minutes from the time of this post.

• grit
  • redolent needling balm
Reply #21
Thanks. I do not know why I had that particular brainfart - since this morning.
um, that was pretty major, bo. But I know you're not scum or as weak cop I'd have died. And I've been thinking about it and can't see your slip as an indie mistake unless you thought a scum kill had been prevented, or even knew it had. I think there has to have been 3 scum. 

It really had me wondering, "Wut?!" though, as much over raven and the game as you. I hope you're not an Indie who wins in parity with scum and town. That might mean you'd have to lynch town today. In any case I have to nail scum today or lose.

I've gone back and forth between rach and Y.B. I convinced myself it must be rach but she's right, a scum rach should have backed me as mayor today after yesterday's vote. It must be Y.B.

##VOTE Y.B##

I don't know if I'll be able to hold on 'till midnight. Y.B, if you've anything to add now is the time.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #22
Age and distraction, grit, age and distraction.

If you flip scum grit, you deserve to win.

Same goes for rach.

Yb, please say something.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #23
Nightfall!

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #24
Mayor Vote

borealis 2 (grit, rachmarie)

Vote Count
Y.B: 3 (rachmarie, borealis, grit)
rachmarie: 1 (Y.B)

If you disagree with this vote count, let me know in the Salon within 5 or so minutes.