TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Wading doesn't help.

Topic: Norton's Empire: Day 5 (Read 1174 times) previous topic - next topic

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Re: Norton's Empire: Day 5
Reply #25
You hurry to the court house, feeling a little grim and a little excited.  The Empire hangs in the balance today. You sense that it's a final decision -- a final chance to root out the American spies and provocateurs

You arrive to find a tense and loud argument in progress.

"The press is on our side and they always have been.  They supported the Emperor wholeheartedly, God rest his soul."

"That's what you're supposed to believe!  They're in a perfect position to sap our will, frighten us, and tell us outright lies."

"Preposterous."

"On the contrary!"

"Look!  There he is now!"

Y.B exits the courthouse, and hesitates, looking down at all the upturned faces on the stairs, landings, and out into the street.  Many -- too many -- of the faces have closed, angry expressions.

"TRAITOR!" someone yells.

"SPY!"

"AMERICAN"

The crowd sweeps up the stairs and breaks over the portico.  Y.B struggles to stay on his feet, borne like a ragdoll by the crowd.  A rain of blows falls on his head and arms he throws up protectively.  He loses his balance and disappears under the heaving crowd.  You notice a trail of blood seeping beyond the struggling crowd, to drip slowly down the stairs.

Y.B was

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #26

Someone shouts "Oh my god, look at the ships!"

A dozen ships, led by the Glyde, a merchant ship that had ruined Norton's finances with a surgically timed shipment of rice sweep past the Golden Gate and sail around to the city's wharfs.  Once anchored, they belch out hundreds - thousands - of troops.

San Francisco is occupied.  The Empire has ended.

The American  :911: team of Timewave, laughing dog, and Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• grit
  • redolent needling balm
Reply #27
I'm spruce. I'm disgusting.

:blushing:

TRTown won this one. Something just got catawhampus in the moonlight. Y'all had me corked in the cracker clacker from day 1, starting with ol' brown tooth. All of Town had a couple of us by Day 2. I guess everyone was off watching Old Yeller and just couldn't shoot the rabid wolf cub. FWIW I think my stupid phone gave us the scum win. Praying would be proud.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #28

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #29
I'm spruce. I'm disgusting.

:blushing:

TRTown won this one. Something just got catawhampus in the moonlight. Y'all had me corked in the cracker clacker from day 1, starting with ol' brown tooth. All of Town had a couple of us by Day 2. I guess everyone was off watching Old Yeller and just couldn't shoot the rabid wolf cub. FWIW I think my stupid phone gave us the scum win. Praying would be proud.

Woop Woop Woop You Wonderful Beautiful Ol' Dog You
I Love you and Could Kiss you (even with all the slobber)

The thing is I don't know why I was killeded by Borealis when You Spruce dog should have had her Vanilirised.
But it was that failed Vanilirisation attempt that ended up winning the Game for us.

:clap:  :clap:  :grin:  :grin:  :)  :)  :cheer:  :cheer:  :stopper:  :stopper:  :parrot:  :parrot:  :parrot:  :parrot:  :stuckup:  :stuckup:  :stuckup:  :happydance:  :happydance:  :happydance:  :happydance:  :fistbump:  :fistbump:  :fistbump:  :fistbump:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  <3  <3  <3  <3
this old world keeps spinning round.

Reply #30
Nicely played grit.

Somehow it had to be you but I just couldn't build a convincing case. And I did try.

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #31
Oh?
And tough shit town.
I mean bad luck amigos, well played good try!!!!!

:parrot:  :parrot:  :parrot:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :happydance:  :happydance:  :happydance:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:  :stopper:  :stopper:  :stopper:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  <3  <3  <3  :fistbump:  :fistbump:  :fistbump:

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #32
I am happy this time for Grit winning then the game where I went through and won.
You dirty dog you :hug:  :hug:  <3  <3  :happydance:  :happydance:  :happydance:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Reply #33
Thanks for the game Raven.
Devilish set up. Fun to play.

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #34
So the night Bor killeded me, I tried to self-protect and that wasn't allowed and spruce tried to pull her fangs by vanilirising her and that didn't work.

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #35
Yes thank you for the game Raven.
Thanks everyone for playing.
Hang in there y.b it takes a while to get the hang of it, you're doing well for the second game.

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #36
And rach is getting the hang of our shorter games and playing well. :)

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #37
Role madness games are fun, but kinda hard to balance.

I think I mostly did ok with the balance. It looked like either side could win all the way through to the final day. Given that the scum team was basically on the ropes after day 3, maybe that suggests the win means town was underpowered.

grit caught some good luck with the borealis protect claim, and that was after some bad luck (and assumption) about how his vanillaize worked.

In general, it seemed like there were a lot of situations where people speculated or were confused, but didn't ask questions.

Co-commuter - Testy's role allowed him to commute at night and take someone else along with him.  It was a one-shot role, but was pretty powerful in that it would protect two people from night kill (and other night actions).

One of deadlokd's unused inventions would protect the recipient person for a night.  The other one was a modified motivator that would either give a player back a shot (if they were out of their 1 or 2 shots) or would let them target 2 people the next night if they still had a night action.

I messed up twice in the game, and I think it was because of rushing at deadline or being half-asleep at deadline.

divagreen's role was originally an amnesiac motion detector, but at the last minute I changed the role PM to be a voyeur instead.  When I sent her results to Y.B, I gave him the results a motion detector would get.  This was obviously confusing to diva!

And the second error I made was with deadlokd's final invention, an extra vote.  It should have gone to Nostrum, not Magicziggy.  This definitely affected the day 4 lynch, but I don't think it affected which side won the game, because she would have lynched MZ if he hadn't lynched her!

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #38
Borealis Killeded Me :)

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #39
So what does a vaniliriser do Raven?

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #40
So the night Bor killeded me, I tried to self-protect and that wasn't allowed and spruce tried to pull her fangs by vanilirising her and that didn't work.

Vanillaize doesn't take effect until the next day.  Otherwise scum would get 2 roleblocks potentially in one night as well as destroying a PR for the rest of the game.

• timewave
  • Terra Terra Terra
Reply #41

Vanillaize doesn't take effect until the next day.  Otherwise scum would get 2 roleblocks potentially in one night as well as destroying a PR for the rest of the game.

Okay, live and learn, or in my case die :)

• grit
  • redolent needling balm
Reply #42
I must have secretly wanted Congress gone.  :blushing:

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #43
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Vanillaiser

Co-commuter is not a standard role.  It's something I dreamed up.  In the Star Trek U-Pick game I ran a couple years ago, scum-el guapo was a co-commuter

• grit
  • redolent needling balm
Reply #44
el guapo always takes someone with him.

• grit
  • redolent needling balm
Reply #45
Congratz all players, and thanks for the game, raven.

Reply #46
you sneaky dog you

I really thought you were town :(

Sorry guys for blowing it

Congrats to the scum team though good game

and great modding from Raven she rocks <3

Reply #47
Yeah that through me off a bit

but I did get one of the scumz  :happydance:

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #48
Nicely played grit.

Somehow it had to be you but I just couldn't build a convincing case. And I did try.

...how about the fact that he was completely scummy :shrug:

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #49
thanks for game, raven :)

i enjoyed being emperor and sending love notes