Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Don't ask us, we are still figuring it out.

Topic: Scott Pruitt Deserves His Own Thread (Read 953 times) previous topic - next topic

• nesb
Re: Scott Pruitt Deserves His Own Thread
Reply #1
Self-angrandizement is strength. Hippy marijuana flowers are weakness.

• nesb
Reply #2
Tbf to Scott, though, right now the EPA is much more a Scott Pruitt protection agency, than an environmental protection agency, so maybe the swag should reflect that.

• Faid
Reply #3
Ok how about his face with three vertical bars superimposed
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #4
Looks more like the Super Mario fireball flower to me.

Reply #5
This?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• Faid
Reply #6
 :clap:
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #7
Tbf to Scott, though, right now the EPA is much more a Scott Pruitt protection agency, than an environmental protection agency, so maybe the swag should reflect that.

dying

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #9
The letter says that while Mr. Pruitt was living last year in a Capitol Hill condominium rented from the wife of an energy lobbyist, complaints came in to the E.P.A. from the lobbyist, J. Steven Hart, that "you had never paid any rent to him, and that your daughter damaged his hardwood floors by repeatedly rolling her luggage across the unit when she was staying there."

Mr. Chmielewski also provided details about how Mr. Pruitt had assigned one of his aides, Millan Hupp, to "act as your personal real estate representative, spending weeks improperly using federal government resources and time to contact rental and seller's agents, and touring numerous properties in which you might wish to reside."

The letter also corroborates details previously reported by The New York Times, including that Mr. Pruitt and others at the agency retaliated against staff members, including Mr. Chmielewski, when they objected to the spending requests.

Mr. Chmielewski, for example, refused to approve first-class travel for one of Mr. Pruitt's aides for a trip Mr. Pruitt took to Morocco last year, saying the cost violated federal rules. After that, he was told by Mr. Pruitt's chief of staff, Ryan Jackson, that he was going to be fired or reassigned.

lol what a charmer

$50 says he's got a burner phone and at least 1 currently active mistress

Reply #10

Reply #11
an apt metaphor for his environmental policies

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #12
I think a bunch of trump's people came in actually believing the dumb conservative narratives about DC and the federal government being all pampered and decadent, and they assumed servants would wait on them and bureaucrats would throw money at them when they arrived.  hence all these bizarre stories about cabinet members being wasteful with public resources and acting entitled.

• el jefe
Reply #13
and/or my theory that the right's sense of "normal" has been totally warped by 8 years of obama derangement syndrome

Reply #14
I think a bunch of trump's people came in actually believing the dumb conservative narratives about DC and the federal government being all pampered and decadent, and they assumed servants would wait on them and bureaucrats would throw money at them when they arrived.  hence all these bizarre stories about cabinet members being wasteful with public resources and acting entitled.

it's always projection with these shitheads on every level

Obama and co. must be a bunch of corrupt grifters because, hey, that's what they'd do if they were in power

it also fits well with their authoritarian hierarchy views of the world. others don't deserve this opulence, but it's only natural that they do

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #15

it's always projection with these shitheads on every level

Obama and co. must be a bunch of corrupt grifters because, hey, that's what they'd do if they were in power

it also fits well with their authoritarian hierarchy views of the world. others don't deserve this opulence, but it's only natural that they do
Similarly, they assume that the left accepts climate "alarmism" for purely political reasons, because after all their acceptance or rejection of any scientific conclusion is purely political.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #16
The swampiest motherfucker, second only to the Trump family itself:

A review of real estate and other public records shows that Mr. Pruitt was not the sole owner: The property was held by a shell company registered to a business partner and law school friend, Kenneth Wagner. Mr. Wagner now holds a top political job at the Environmental Protection Agency, where Mr. Pruitt, 49, is the administrator.

The mortgage on the Oklahoma City home, the records show, was issued by a local bank that was led by another business associate of Mr. Pruitt's, Albert Kelly. Recently barred from working in the finance industry because of a banking violation, Mr. Kelly is now one of Mr. Pruitt's top aides at the E.P.A. and runs the agency's Superfund program.

In 2005, the shell company -- Capitol House L.L.C. -- sold the property for $95,000 more than it had paid. While shell companies are legal, they often obscure the people who have an interest in them, and none of Mr. Pruitt's financial disclosure filings in Oklahoma mentioned the company or the proceeds -- a potential violation of the state's ethics rules.

• MSG
Reply #17
tweet deleted but I gather this is the linked article https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/21/us/politics/scott-pruitt-oklahoma-epa.html
braying among the ruins

• el jefe
Reply #18
per bloomberg, white house reportedly "deterring" republican lawmakers and conservatives from defending pruitt; or "cautioning" them to "temper their defense".

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-23/white-house-said-to-deter-republicans-from-defending-epa-chief

if true, an obvious possibility is that trump's laying the groundwork to can him.

Reply #19

Reply #20

Reply #21

Reply #22

Reply #23
how is he still in his job?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• Spode
  • I'm sorry.
Reply #24
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/lobbyist-helped-broker-pruitts-100000-trip-to-morocco/2018/05/01/b2e20ee0-4d76-11e8-b725-92c89fe3ca4c_story.html?utm_term=.b9bbd5561168
MARRAKESH, Morocco -- A controversial trip to Morocco by Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt last December was partly arranged by a longtime friend and lobbyist, who accompanied Pruitt and his entourage at multiple stops and served as an informal liaison at both official and social events during the visit.

Richard Smotkin, a former Comcast lobbyist who has known the EPA administrator for years, worked for months with Pruitt's aides to hammer out logistics, according to four individuals familiar with those preparations. In April, Smotkin won a $40,000-a-month contract, retroactive to Jan. 1, with the Moroccan government to promote the kingdom's cultural and economic interests. He recently registered as a foreign agent representing that government.

Information obtained by The Washington Post shows the visit's cost exceeded $100,000, more than twice what has been previously reported -- including $16,217 for Pruitt's Delta Air Lines fare and $494 for him to spend one night at a luxury hotel in Paris. He was accompanied by eight staffers and his round-the-clock security detail.

Reply #25

• Faid
Reply #26
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/lobbyist-helped-broker-pruitts-100000-trip-to-morocco/2018/05/01/b2e20ee0-4d76-11e8-b725-92c89fe3ca4c_story.html?utm_term=.b9bbd5561168
MARRAKESH, Morocco -- A controversial trip to Morocco by Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt last December was partly arranged by a longtime friend and lobbyist, who accompanied Pruitt and his entourage at multiple stops and served as an informal liaison at both official and social events during the visit.

Richard Smotkin, a former Comcast lobbyist who has known the EPA administrator for years, worked for months with Pruitt's aides to hammer out logistics, according to four individuals familiar with those preparations. In April, Smotkin won a $40,000-a-month contract, retroactive to Jan. 1, with the Moroccan government to promote the kingdom's cultural and economic interests. He recently registered as a foreign agent representing that government.

Information obtained by The Washington Post shows the visit's cost exceeded $100,000, more than twice what has been previously reported -- including $16,217 for Pruitt's Delta Air Lines fare and $494 for him to spend one night at a luxury hotel in Paris. He was accompanied by eight staffers and his round-the-clock security detail.
Been saving taxpayer money just to get you there
Smell the kickbacks in your hair
Don't you know we're riding on the Marrakesh Express
Don't you know we're riding on the Marrakesh Express
They're taking me to Marrakesh
All aboard that train...

Reply #27

Reply #28

Reply #29
https://www.wral.com/pruitt-got-24-7-armed-security-on-first-day-at-epa/17553600/

The Associated Press reported last month that Pruitt's preoccupation with his safety came at a steep cost to taxpayers, as his swollen security detail blew through overtime budgets and at times diverted officers away from investigating environmental crimes. Altogether, the agency has spent about $3 million on Pruitt's 20-member full-time security detail, which is more than three times the size of his predecessor's part-time security contingent.

• uncool
Reply #30
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/14/emails-white-house-interfered-with-science-study-536950

Scott Pruitt's EPA and the White House sought to block publication of a federal health study on a nationwide water-contamination crisis, after one Trump administration aide warned it would cause a "public relations nightmare," newly disclosed emails reveal.

The intervention early this year -- not previously disclosed -- came as HHS' Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry was preparing to publish its assessment of a class of toxic chemicals that has contaminated water supplies near military bases, chemical plants and other sites from New York to Michigan to West Virginia.

The study would show that the chemicals endanger human health at a far lower level than EPA has previously called safe, according to the emails.

[...]

More than three months later, the draft study remains unpublished, and the HHS unit says it has no scheduled date to release it for public comment.

[...]

Pruitt's chief of staff, Ryan Jackson, defended EPA's actions, telling POLITICO the agency was helping "ensure that the federal government is responding in a uniform way to our local, state, and Congressional constituents and partners."

• MSG
Reply #31
groundwater contamination by PFOS / PFAS fire retardants is a growing issue around air force and other sites in this part of the world too - e.g. at Williamtown air base at Newcastle, north of Sydney https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5065907/red-spread-williamtown-zone-grows-50-per-cent/
braying among the ruins

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #32
Pruitt being investigated for use of private email:

BUT HER EM-- *ground opens up beneath my feet and i'm slowly dragged down by screaming demons into the earth's core*