Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: We don't give a shit about your deconversion

Topic: Facebook just kicked me off because I wouldn't send a picture of my ID that proves my name is testy  (Read 566 times) previous topic - next topic

Facebook just kicked me off because I wouldn't send a picture of my ID that proves my name is testy
Calibrate.

Someone reported me apparently.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• nostrum
  • easily led
Re: Facebook just kicked me off because I wouldn't send a picture of my ID that proves my name is te
Reply #1
facebook sucks so, good result?

• Monad
Re: Facebook just kicked me off because I wouldn't send a picture of my ID that proves my name is te
Reply #2
Send them a picture of deez nuts

Reply #3
Facebook does suck. It's not like I use it and am crushed or anything. And with their troubles, I suppose I can't really argue. But it is kinda weird that I would have been reported.

Reply #4
I did it.

Reply #5
Was it the blond thing?

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #6
It looks like they let you back.

Reply #7
Nope. I can't access it until I send them a photo id.

• nesb
Reply #8
Legally change your name, get an ID, and then change it back. Ez

• ksen
Reply #9
Could probably get Michael Cohen to do it for you for like ten bucks.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #10
If Facebook is demanding you have to use your real name, trolls will die by the millions
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #11
If Facebook is demanding you have to use your real name, trolls will die by the millions
yeah. I don't really use it so I guess the greater good is served by that action. Still, now I won't get to see what figuer is up to and he doesn't post on TR any more.

Reply #12
Was it the blond thing?

It was your grandpa posting

Reply #13
damn and i was just about to accept your friend request

Reply #14
I was unaware that I have ever sent a friend request. 

• MikeB
Reply #15
TBM did that too.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #16
Maybe if you'd been a Russian troll this wouldn't have happened.  You're supposed to steal identities, not create obviously fake ones.

Reply #17
Ok. I will think of a good identity. Somewhere I have a real me Facebook but I have no idea what email I used to set it up. I wonder if they would notice if i called myself Nom DeGuerre.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #18
I did it.
He's lying, it was me.

Fucking Cubans.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #19
You are assuming this is a general principle of Facebook rather than they, Facebook, have singled out Testy. '

I happen to be in the camp that maintains the latter is the case, simply because it's obvious he's a public nuisance. His chosen name, at least with Facebook, "Testy Calibrate", is a clue as to his unique character.

Of course, I am also with the minority sub-group of Camp Testy (the Testycals), our principle difference with mainstream Camp Testy being our exclusive beliefs being that Testy did not simply gain his name by accident or the workings of the riverboat of life, but was deliberately chosen, by Testy himself, to be a sort of "shocking".  A sad commentary but undoubtedly true. I mean, what are the odds that moniker would land on Testy? By purely natural means?

No, no, that's too absurd. I mean, I'm a dues paying member of Camp Testy and a sworn disciple of Testycal, I just don't make snap judgements, I spend hours and hours researching every possibility to reach my conclusions. I've studied Testy in great detail. I know more about him than he does.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #20
Ok. I will think of a good identity. Somewhere I have a real me Facebook but I have no idea what email I used to set it up. I wonder if they would notice if i called myself Nom DeGuerre.
Are you kidding?
Give some thought to us at Camp Testy. To the Testycals. You can't just abandon us.
Please, please, please.
Don't change.,
Ever.
We love you just the way you are.

We could say "please" a few more times if that has an effect. Please give us a sign.
  • Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 06:44:12 AM by RAFH
Are we there yet?

Reply #21
I am sorry for your loss.

• ksen
Reply #22
One ball for yes, two balls for no.