Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: A republic of lutz.

Topic: Black adolescents in the US are less likely to use alcohol, marijuana, and tobacco (Read 448 times) previous topic - next topic

• nesb
Black adolescents in the US are less likely to use alcohol, marijuana, and tobacco
Black adolescents in the US are less likely to use alcohol, marijuana, and tobacco compared with non-Hispanic Whites, but little is known about the consistency of these racial/ethnic differences in substance use across the lifecourse.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4391514/

Re: Black adolescents in the US are less likely to use alcohol, marijuana, and tobacco
Reply #1
  :shockcorn:

• F X
  • The one and only
Re: Black adolescents in the US are less likely to use alcohol, marijuana, and tobacco
Reply #2
Blacks progress from use to dependence faster than Whites (Alvanzo et al., 2011), have longer duration of use (Caetano & Kaskutas, 1995), and experience more substance-related consequences than other racial/ethnic groups
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4391514/
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #3
But the steady creep of extreme views from the fringes of academia to the everyday should worry us all. Academic freedom is an honourable ideal, and one worth defending, because we trust that the system works. Through careful checks and peer review, only the most reliable, well-evidenced ideas, and most trustworthy researchers, should pass through.
Racism is creeping back into mainstream science
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• nesb
Reply #4

I figured this post would go ignored on TR, but I guess the two AGW deniers are especially interested in it? That's interesting.

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #5
That's interesting.
Pity response
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #6
Haha

you deleted your post
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #7
Huh?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #8
nesb posted something then deleted it

it was a good post
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #9

I figured this post would go ignored on TR, but I guess the two AGW deniers are especially interested in it? That's interesting.

It's just a boring shitpost.  The post isn't interesting.  My response telling you it isn't interesting isn't interesting.  The only remotely interesting thing about the whole sorry affair is that you think any of it is interesting.

• nesb
Reply #10
Quote from: F X
it was a good post

Thanks.  :) I have no idea what I posted, though, because I commonly delete drunk posts.

Reply #11
Quote from: F X
it was a good post

Thanks.  :) I have no idea what I posted, though, because I commonly delete drunk posts.

Lord knows I don't

• F X
  • The one and only
Reply #12
I was kidding.  It was a shitpost
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #13
so far FX is at +1 in the thread