Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: every hole's a goal

Topic: Israel (Read 1549 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Israel
Reply #25
The real major problem is that Israel is an apartheid state that murders Palestinians and steals their land for fun and they're run by a bunch of right-wing shitheadss

teeth on white racism in america: i hope the opioid crisis culls them all

teeth on racism in israel: well u see, there is a complex and nuanced response to the failures of palestinian governance here...

Reply #26
Israeli Teenagers: Racist and Proud of It

"For me, personally, Arabs are something I can't look at and can't stand," a 10th-grade girl from a high school in the central part of the country says in abominable Hebrew. "I am tremendously racist. I come from a racist home. If I get the chance in the army to shoot one of them, I won't think twice. I'm ready to kill someone with my hands, and it's an Arab. In my education I learned that ... their education is to be terrorists, and there is no belief in them. I live in an area of Arabs, and every day I see these Ishmaelites, who pass by the [bus] station and whistle. I wish them death."

"ah, if only those animals could govern themselves" - teeth

Reply #27
btw i am also 💯% ready to dunk on our garbage alliance with saudi arabia too, don't get it twisted.

Reply #28
5 post intifada combo

Reply #29
"I am tremendously racist. I come from a racist home. If I get the chance in the army to shoot one of them, I won't think twice. I'm ready to kill someone with my hands, and it's an Arab. In my education I learned that ... their education is to be terrorists, and there is no belief in them. "

absolutely zero self-awareness on display here

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #30
The real major problem is that Israel is an apartheid state that murders Palestinians and steals their land for fun and they're run by a bunch of right-wing shitheadss
my sense is that it's the settler movement and their right wing enablers who are the culprits. and iirc, polls show most Israelis think they're in the wrong, but only a minority care enough to confront them.  it's like gun control, here.  or slavery, prior to the civil war.  a majority kinda sorta gets that it's wrong, but doesn't want to pick a fight with the evil minority who exercises disproportionate power due to their zeal.

Reply #31
more failures of palestinian self-governance:

Reply #32

teeth on white racism in america: i hope the opioid crisis culls them all

teeth on racism in israel: well u see, there is a complex and nuanced response to the failures of palestinian governance here...

The racism is pretty gross, but tbh the Palestinians have a lot more in common with white supremacist rural America than the Israelis do.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #33
There does seem to be a viciously vicious cycle operating.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #34
when it comes to american white supremacism, there's also a lot of cultural diffusion operating

Reply #35

Reply #36
Wait, do you mean to say the Jews are no angels?

Reply #37
no I mean to say that the far-right ruling party of the apartheid state of Israel is cozying up to fucking Nazis

that doesn't say shit about "the Jews," just the particular shithead Jews who run Israel and murder Palestinians when not stealing their land.

Reply #38
the KKK was really just looking to stop carpetbaggers and immigrants from stealing their land.

Reply #39
and yes, I agree that Netanyahu is a fucking joke piece of shit who is shortsightedly aligning himself with Nazis because he sees that as more likely to get him a strong political alliance than aligning with the European left, but LBR, the left in Europe and the US has not been particularly reliable about calling out eliminationist antisemitism either. This is really getting to be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

Reply #40
too obvious, dial it back a bit

Reply #41
(((*~~~*both sides*~~~*)))

Reply #42
the KKK was really just looking to stop carpetbaggers and immigrants from stealing their land.
gourmet hot takes

Reply #43
gourmet hot takes

honestly i can't decide whether this is better than "the european left doesn't call out people who want to kill jews enthusiastically enough so israeli leaders are basically forced to cozy up to actual fucking nazis"

eta: then again there's precedent for this kind of fraternization between ethno-nationalists.
  • Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 12:58:09 PM by the idea of Harambe

Reply #44
gourmet hot takes

honestly i can't decide whether this is better than "the european left doesn't call out people who want to kill jews enthusiastically enough so israeli leaders are basically forced to cozy up to actual fucking nazis"

eta: then again there's precedent for this kind of fraternization between ethno-nationalists.

Quite hard to make your case when people like Jill Stein and Kucinich have been taking money from Russia/Syria to run interference for Assad.

Speaking of people cozying up with actual Nazis, there's of course good old Louis Farrakhan who's somehow become popular again among the left.

This is less about excuses and more about pointing out that everyone is knee-deep in shit.

Reply #45
that's quite the gish gallop

Reply #46
eagerly awaiting the explanation for what "my case" (lol) has to do with stein, kucinich, or farrakhan

Reply #47
like honestly, if anything i am starting to come around to this way of thinking in which it makes sense for zionists and neo-nazis to team up. they really do have more than a few common interests:

-every ethnicity gets its own nation-state to operate in its interests
-kill brown people
-get the jews out of white people countries

match made in heaven, tbh, compared to the left.

• uncool
Reply #48
that's quite the gish gallop
Nah, that's not the fallacy.

It's the false dichotomy: "Either Israel allies with the Nazis or the leftists. And the leftists won't be good allies!"

Reply #49
The Israel of today bears no resemblance to what I was taught about in communist summer camp in the late 80's. I think it's time to give up and try a new leftist kibbutz utopia somewhere else. But where?
On Dave's island, of course.